Upgrade to concierge and lose pick your perk

downundermatt

I have a Balcony Booked, and now find a Concierge Guarantee is cheaper with my final payment just about due.

I asked my agent if I could upgrade, but she said I would lose my Pick Your Perk Promotion - due to the Celebrity Conditions - these conditions conflict.

2) states appies to Oceanview, Balcony, CONCIERGE or Aqua (no interior)

9) states only combinable with rate codes FST, TR and X (not combinable with other codes).

Has anyone been able to keep their Pick Your Perk promotion and move to a Concierge Guarantee - I gather the suite is not that much better but I would like to earn the extra point to become Elite.

Thanks for your kind advice, Matt

We have the same problem with senior pricing...

We worked very hard to become seniors and would like to celebrate our longevity.. ;)

We have two perks for our Mediterranean cruises but senior discounts cannot be applied to get a discounted concierge upgrade with 1,2,3 pricing.

We'll get even by drowning our sorrow onboard.. :D

We have the same problem with senior pricing...

We worked very hard to become seniors and would like to celebrate our longevity.. ;)

We have two perks for our Mediterranean cruises but senior discounts cannot be applied to get a discounted concierge upgrade with 1,2,3 pricing.

We'll get even by drowning our sorrow onboard.. :D

Same happened to me. I booked a cruise at a early date. The 123 came out and I had to pay the increase in the cabin rate to get the promo and lost my SBC thru the certificate. The price of the cabin came back to the original price thru a senior discount. I would lose the 123 drink package if I took the reduced rate amd would be back to square one when I booked early. It is a way that the cruise lines get around the low price guarantee when booking early.

I guess I really don't understand the "uproar" about the promotions. If you are happy to receive them then you need to be happy with the restrictions that are attached to them. Everyone seems to want their OBC, senior pricing, resident pricing, etc. in addition to the drinks packages, pre-paid gratuities, and whatever else might be offered.

Celebrity clearly states what cannot be combined with these offers. If you see a great price and want to switch cabins it makes sense that you can change cabins, pay the great price and give up your "freebie" or keep the "freebie" and pay the Fivestar price for the cabin. You can't have it both ways. Would be nice, but that's not the way it works in the real world.

I guess I really don't understand the "uproar" about the promotions. If you are happy to receive them then you need to be happy with the restrictions that are attached to them. Everyone seems to want their OBC, senior pricing, resident pricing, etc. in addition to the drinks packages, pre-paid gratuities, and whatever else might be offered.

Celebrity clearly states what cannot be combined with these offers. If you see a great price and want to switch cabins it makes sense that you can change cabins, pay the great price and give up your "freebie" or keep the "freebie" and pay the Fivestar price for the cabin. You can't have it both ways. Would be nice, but that's not the way it works in the real world.

Well said....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

An honest and frank explanation, gimletgal

We are funny us humans aren't we? We want it all, but are not prepared to understand that no business can give it all and stay in business. A deal has to be fair for everybody, and if the O.P.'s deal was good enough that s/he took the original offer and now wants to change only the part that benefits them, s/he needs to understand the whole deal is now back on the table

Hey Matt,

I ran into a similar issue, albeit unknowingly. I saw the concierge class guarantee was less than our verandah so I changed it online (we didn't use a TA). I happened to call Celebrity about something else and they realized I had booked a non 5 star rate. Thankfully the rate had become 5 star since I made the change so they were able to fix it. They were surprised I hadn't lost the bonuses though when I made the change online. When aqua class rates went down, I called to confirm it was 5 star and had them make the change this time instead. Although, I did have to ask to speak to a supervisor because the first agent didn't want to do it. I would push your TA to look into it further, if its a 5 star rate you should be able to upgrade. Hope this helps!

Thanks for those that responded and explained, particularly those who did not castigate me for making a simple query.

I am merely a Select member, (one point short of Elite)and had never heard of Five Star Pricing Previously. So now I know.

Previously I paid all my Cruises up front, this time I took the punt the price may drop, which it surely has, and I thought I may be eligible for some reimbursement, as I have noticed many achieve on Cruise Critic.

Being an Aussie we never get Residency Rates (even ex Australia), Military or Seniors so please forgive my asking an innocent question.

Archived