Pacific Pearl booked cabin 6193 , 1st cruise any tips ?

Just booked Whoo Hoo , first time Posting in Cruise Critic & first time Cruising unless you count the one night crossing on the SPirit of Tasmania 15 years ago! Has anyone stayed in or near cabin 6193 does it get any noise. Any tips for the sailing on the Pearl or sailing in general for a Novice Cruiser. I have been reading all the forums so starting to get an idea .

By the way when we got to our cabin in the Spirit of Tassie years ago I could smell something bad..followed my noise went to the toilet and the little bin had vomit in it . went and told reception they apologised and sent us off to have dinner assured us it would be clean when we got back . We all returned after dinner 2 adults 2 kids in inside quad bunk room and the smell was worse and the vomit still there ...Not happy Jan went back to reception she was mortified it hadnt been cleaned and upgraded us all to a suite with a window Yee Haa Husband joked we should buy some of that fake vomit and take it on any other cruise we go on ! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

we had no problems at all most with our canin it WAs totally enjoyable. the position was close to everything!

Trust me you won't have that service on the Pearly.....she's a fine ship with a fine crew...... you'll love her :-)

Some hint:

Have lunch in the dining room and try their tandori chicken and for dinner you can not go past their grilled 250g beef striploin steak and warm belgian chocolate delight with vanilla ice cream.

Remember you can ask for anything with a smile and I assure you will get it with a smile in return and lastly

go with a positive attitude and you'll ALL have a wow of a time

Welcome to cruising.

probably should have mentioned we are visiting Noumea, Lifou, Mare Island, Isle of Pines, 9 day cruise

Welcome to Cruise Critic where you'll find answers to all questions you have about cruising in general.

For more specific questions pertaining to Pacific Pearl, you could search on the P&O Australia section of Cruise Critic. You'll find a place on the top of this page which says "Search Cruise Critic". Just type in P&O Australia and you should then find some options to click on.

We have only sailed on Royal Caribbean thus far but have booked a 16-night Southern Australia cruise on Pacific Pearl for April 2014. Hoping to experience some good times on-board.

Gae

We have booked onto the Pearl in April next year, same islands (probably same cruise!). With 2 adults and 2 kids we got interconnecting rooms (10101 and 7 I think). First ever cruise for me and the kids. The wife has been on a cruise before, a long time ago. We are all looking forward to it!

Just wondering did you look at Radiance of the seas or Rhapsody of the seas for your cruise.

No we will part of a larger group that are going and they had chosen this ship so we decided to tag along , probably if it was my choice I may have chosen a different cruise line ...but then again it was one of those quick decisions you make ..so if it wasnt for deciding to join the group I probably wouldnt be cruising ..

Thanks for all the replies , we will try some of those menu suggestions, also hoping to book into the salt restaurant .. wonder if you can book before the ship sail date? We were hoping our cabin was more to the end of the bar above it actually says Art Gallery or some such thing so we were hoping that spot may not be as noisy ...

Has anyone had cabins under that Connexions bar ?

We are travelling in December so hope the cabin Air Cons work well !

Thanks for all the replies , we will try some of those menu suggestions, also hoping to book into the salt restaurant .. wonder if you can book before the ship sail date? We were hoping our cabin was more to the end of the bar above it actually says Art Gallery or some such thing so we were hoping that spot may not be as noisy ...

Has anyone had cabins under that Connexions bar ?

We are travelling in December so hope the cabin Air Cons work well !

I think cabin 6193 is pretty-well under the stage area of the Connexions Bar. The best way to work it out is to measure how far the cabin is from the lifts. Obviously they are in the same position on each floor. The plans in the cruise book are a bit confusing because the plans for the different decks are not set out on the page with the lifts lined up. (I hope I have explained that OK).

I think cabin 6193 is pretty-well under the stage area of the Connexions Bar. The best way to work it out is to measure how far the cabin is from the lifts. Obviously they are in the same position on each floor. The plans in the cruise book are a bit confusing because the plans for the different decks are not set out on the page with the lifts lined up. (I hope I have explained that OK).

Thanks for the reply that's a bit of a worry if we r right under the bar :( might be in for a bit of noise . I wonder if you can change your cabin once you have booked ?

Thanks for the reply that's a bit of a worry if we r right under the bar :( might be in for a bit of noise . I wonder if you can change your cabin once you have booked ?

You should be able to without any problem but you won't be able to change once you board.:)

• 1 month later...

Just to update this post , we got an upgrade to what looks like a really good cabin spot on deck 10 , it only has cabins on top and not next to the laundry etc ..so now I just hope we have good air con as cruising in December ...roll on cruise date

We have only been on Pacific Pearl once -- but we really liked it. It was the P&O Arcadia and is an older design of ship (which we like). It has everything we really need in a cruiseship and none of the things common today which we don't really need (climbing rockwalls, minigolf, etc ???)

We spent 28 days on her a couple of years ago ( doesn't time fly) and would love to go on here again sometime. I did a cruise report here http://pacificpearltotahiti.blogspot.com.au/ --- might wet your appetite.

Barry

Yes same cruise, have you sailed p&o before?

Yes my wife and I did a food and wine cruise last December. Absolutely loved it! So much that we had booked this cruise within an hour of getting home.

I have no doubt you wil have a great time.

Yes my wife and I did a food and wine cruise last December. Absolutely loved it! So much that we had booked this cruise within an hour of getting home.

I have no doubt you wil have a great time.

Really hoping we do , myself my husband, my 17 year old and a group of others that we know will be going ., I just want to be able to relax ,breath a little easier, than is possible in a busy life and make a few good memories. My 17 year old complaining that she is about 3 months away from being able to drink but I tell her she has a lifetime of being able to drink ahead but to enjoy the fact she can use all the teenagers facilities like the huge play station games & tournaments ,because after she turns 18 you get kicked out of there and she will know others on board her age so really she should have a gret time

Archived