Pinnacle Solo Dining

Taz

It is good to see others views on this topic. I lost my husband a year ago and took my first solo cruise in April. I asked in MDR to be placed with other solos. I was placed with 5 other solos. One night I joined one of the guests in the Pinnacle and had an enjoyable time. It is still hard to eat alone but am trying to use the saying .....Life begins at the end of your comfort zone .... to help me move on.

It is still hard to eat alone but am trying to use the saying .....Life begins at the end of your comfort zone .... to help me move on.

It takes time---a lot longer than a year. Just take it one day at a time and eventually, you do get there.

I enjoyed my solo dinner. Met a great family at a large table beside me. We conversed and had a great time teasing each other. The family was from Alabama and I am from TN. I took pictures of there group and they took a solo pic for me. Will do it again at Christmas.

After three dismal days in the MDR on the Nieuw Amsterdam I decided to fix the problem myself....

On a 19 night cruise I had dinner:

3x MDR

3x Tamarind

2x Canaletto

11x Pinnacle

Some where alone, some where with people I had met on board; but unless I booked with them or made arrangements to sit with them I was always shown to a table for two.

I have had some fantastic dinners at Pinnacle and Tamarind dining solo. In both I found the wait staff extra attentive and engaging.

A few times on Noordam when dining late at Pinnacle I was seated at one of the large round booths and was treated like a King and they were special experiences I will never forget.

i've always found dining alone to be extremely uncomfortable, and, mostly, painful. so, i won't do the pinnacle alone, though i do get vouchers for 'two persons.' i eat -- not 'dine' -- alone in the lido, or in a pinch canaletto, though that can be sad, also. a lot of times i just order room service for dinner and go to bed; but that is even uncomfortable because the room stewards then inquire as to my health, happiness, etc, when i leave the 'privacy, please' sign on the door and they can't clean my room. last cruise i did meet two nice folks and took them to pinnacle on my vouchers. the food was not good, but the company was. i guess when you have a stack of 'freebies' to offer, that can get you some company. my partner in life died 21 years ago, and aloneness is so sad for me, still. and now i'm too old to meet another. i admire and respect people who can and do adjust to dining alone; i wish i could be like them.

Hi there, this is my first solo holiday...I am nervous....hoping to have the courage to eat out but have chosen a port heavy cruise so I know I will be busy every day at least. You are never to old to enjoy love again.:D

Archived