Paranoia, kids club

Please tell me I don't need to book kids club in advance for a 14 year old on Independence of the Seas for European cruise in two weeks time? I understand kids just go along on the first night ...... Do adults need to go with them :eek:

You cannot book Adventure Ocean in advance.

Please tell me I don't need to book kids club in advance for a 14 year old on Independence of the Seas for European cruise in two weeks time? I understand kids just go along on the first night ...... Do adults need to go with them :eek:

You should take your kids the first night. See that they meet and greet other kids.

No reservations needed because everyone is accepted. No worries.

Do adults need to go with them :eek:

As everyone else mentioned you are good to go no reservations needed.

You will need to go with on the first night though. I believe even at that age the parent/guardian has to sign an agreement of some sort.

You have to go with them to sign them in and fill out a short form, including who will be able to check them out.

Note: We had to remain within the check-in area behind an electronically locked door - so we were not allowed into the kids club room itself with our DD.

There is no preregistration, and no need to be paranoid - they will love it, and relax, you will be okay as well.

You have to go with them to sign them in and fill out a short form, including who will be able to check them out.

Note: We had to remain within the check-in area behind an electronically locked door - so we were not allowed into the kids club room itself with our DD.

There is no preregistration, and no need to be paranoid - they will love it, and relax, you will be okay as well.

Ignore my post, for some reason I misread the age. No check in for the teen club. They should go on the first night to the meet and greet. Here is my recent review of the teen club for my DD13 - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39312286&postcount=85

Ignore my post, for some reason I misread the age. No check in for the teen club. They should go on the first night to the meet and greet. Here is my recent review of the teen club for my DD13 - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39312286&postcount=85

that is brilliant, thank you. You sound just like my husband, esp the father daughter midnight snacks! It's answered my worries!

that is brilliant, thank you. You sound just like my husband, esp the father daughter midnight snacks! It's answered my worries!

Thank you OP and TravelR. I have two DD's 13 and 17, and this info is very helpful for our upcoming cruise.

Brilliant? I won't let my DW know you wrote that - she will say it will go to my head.

I am glad the post has helped out. There are other kid/teen-centric notes throughout the remainder of my review. I have head good things about the Indy, you are all going to have a great time - without any worries.

FYI - This weekend I will try my hardest to get the Teen Compasses posted.

Enjoy

You have just answered all my question! I posted a new thread on here about an hour ago and the link to your review is great. We have 3 kids, son of 12 and younger two are 10 and 7. Our son like your daughter is 'shyish' so do have my concerns about him. Is it only in the evening that the 12 to 17 group meet on the first night? I was assuming we went along there as soon as we boarded to 'sign them up'. We are sailing on Adventure of the Seas in 9 days time!!

You have just answered all my question! I posted a new thread on here about an hour ago and the link to your review is great. We have 3 kids, son of 12 and younger two are 10 and 7. Our son like your daughter is 'shyish' so do have my concerns about him. Is it only in the evening that the 12 to 17 group meet on the first night? I was assuming we went along there as soon as we boarded to 'sign them up'. We are sailing on Adventure of the Seas in 9 days time!!

For your DS12, there is nothing to sign up. He just walks in during the time for their meet up and that is all there is to it. While you walk onto the boat there should be a table with counselors from the teen & kids clubs with information and the teen/kids compasses so you can find out what time.

There are "scheduled" activities beginning each evening at about 8 to 8:30 with some type of counseolor. However, the lounge is open all day, but a conselor is not present. However, by the 4th day of the cruise, my DD and her friends were hanging out there on the afternoons we came back early from port.

FYI - I also included a post in my review specifically about Adventure Oceas as well - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39262473&postcount=56, which may also be of some help for your younger kids.

I am so jealous of all of you awaiting your upcoming cruises!

Archived