Carnival Magic March 2015????

crazyboys

I have been looking at the Carnival Magic during spring break in March 2015 from Galveston and have done mock bookings for 3 cabins several times. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on securing and now it shows that Carnival Magic is not available March 2015 anymore out of Galveston. Has anyone heard anything as to why all of a sudden the Magic is not listed as an option for a 7 day cruise out of Galveston in March 2015? Will it be drydocked for upgrades? Really puzzled here.

Crazy they would take it out of commission during SB....seems like they would choose a less busy time of year. :confused:

My wife and I were looking at booking our next cruise for Spring Break Week in 2015 when we are on the Magic in Feb 2014 but we learned it was not in service until April 4 or something like that. We are now looking at going out of New Orleans that week.

I know it doesn't make you happy as you wanted to book her but, it makes me happy as we want to go in June 2015 with the kids. I wonder what upgrades (other than the back up systems that they did on the Triumph) they are going to do to the Magic.

• 7 months later...

Oh My this is not good.... We have gone on the magic for spring break the last 3 years and next year would have been my sons last spring break cruise - he will be 17. Way to go Magic messing up tradition. I looked at New Orleans for spring break and not sure about that itinerary.:confused:

• 4 weeks later...
Oh My this is not good.... We have gone on the magic for spring break the last 3 years and next year would have been my sons last spring break cruise - he will be 17. Way to go Magic messing up tradition. I looked at New Orleans for spring break and not sure about that itinerary.:confused:

What about Royal Caribbean?

• 6 months later...

Glad to see they brought the magic back for spring break next year, but its a 6 day. They have the Freedom 7 day cruise for spring break and its route is the western carribean instead of the eastern which we've done tge past few years. I heard shes nice "freedom"

Wow, so weird this thread was brought back.....way back then I had no plans to cruise SB 2015 and go figure I am booked on the Magic March 9. lol

Glad to see they brought the magic back for spring break next year, but its a 6 day. They have the Freedom 7 day cruise for spring break and its route is the western carribean instead of the eastern which we've done tge past few years. I heard shes nice "freedom"

Carnival is bringing in the Freedom so Galveston will have 3 ships. Have you looked at that ship for Spring Break. It is a Conquest class ship, which we like better than the Magic and it has had its 2.0 upgrades so it has Guys, which the Magic does not yet have.

No, we booked this trip because friends are going so we didn't look at other options this go round. Didn't really love the Conquest as much so I am not sure how I would feel about Freedom...and I know my son would miss waterworks.

Carnival is bringing in the Freedom so Galveston will have 3 ships. Have you looked at that ship for Spring Break. It is a Conquest class ship, which we like better than the Magic and it has had its 2.0 upgrades so it has Guys, which the Magic does not yet have.

• 1 month later...

We will be sailing the Magic Oct 11 2015 due to our Carnival Dream being canceled. What changes will be done to the Magic while in dry dock?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by emaksb

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We will be sailing the Magic Oct 11 2015 due to our Carnival Dream being canceled. What changes will be done to the Magic while in dry dock?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

While not drydocked with 2.0 upgrades, we like the Magic much better than the Dream! You won't be disappointed.