New Carnival Referral Promotion

GAMOM4

This is annoying......I can't even tell you have many people I have referred over the years. You're welcome Carnival :(

Yup, me too. Oh well.....we enjoyed our cruise together! One set of friends took us to the Steakhouse for a thank-you....better than the $50 credit.

I just found out the hard way that you have to enter the referral information before the booking and then go back in and enter the booking number. I did the booking then enter the referral then claimed the referral and I was denied. I might give them a call because the rep did not tell me to enter the referral before I did the booking. We're talking about a matter of a few hours. I sent them an email and asked if they want me to cancel the booking then rebook to get the referral.

• 2 weeks later...

Hummmmm very interesting. I read this and then sent my PVP a message 2 hrs ago referring my girlfriend and that I was interested in the referral program. My PVP is always very responsive. My girlfriend booked 2 rooms for next month and now my PVP is not responding. :eek: I'll keep ya'll posted.

Thanks OP for posting this. Carnival needs to get better with communicating things like this.

So my PVP filled out referral form for me. I received a confirming email stating the form was received. QUESTION: For those that received the $50 what was the next step? :confused:

- Form filled out referring friend and her family for 2 rooms.

- Cruise booked.

- When do I see the $50???

Thank you!

I love a promotion! There are plenty of new Carnival cruisers I've referred in the past... c'est la vie. I've got a group of 6-8 cabins going in February. The first four booked when I did. No promotional credit. The last two MAY still book, so I filled out the form and we'll see what happens.

If I don't get credit, I will survive!

So my PVP filled out referral form for me. I received a confirming email stating the form was received. QUESTION: For those that received the $50 what was the next step? :confused:

- Form filled out referring friend and her family for 2 rooms.

- Cruise booked.

- When do I see the $50???

Thank you!

From what I understand, you'll get it 2 weeks before the people you referred cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am so ticked off ...... I started this thread back in August or September....I had the referrals showing up and marked as redeemed...I posted that way back then....they were still showing redeemed 2 days ago...I was on the site because there is some new promotion now and one of my cousins booked (I didn't even know the thing had started back up) I got an e-mail and checked it and I had 3 referrals on there that I needed to enter booking numbers for....I didn't even know that 2 of them had booked...I referred them but I refer people all the time and alot of time they never follow through....and when I got in touch with them to ask them for their booking numbers..I noticed mine were still on there that I was ASSUMING that I would get two weeks before the people sailed in May....well tonight I got an email that someone else had booked...and I went on....and :mad: every one of the referrals that were showing as redeemed since September are now showing ineligible....I mean...how can something that has been there all these months now all of a sudden change.....they were there 2 days ago....I am so irritated......:rolleyes:

Not everyone is eligible to be the referring person either :(. There are 4 of us going on a cruise this month, one of the girls is a first time cruiser but I wasn't picked to be part of the referral program so I couldn't refer her. However, one of the other girls was selected for the program so she referred the first time cruiser. They each got $50...first time cruiser got a $50 OBC and the referrer got a $50 gift card. We're just using both for 2 rounds of drinks ;). However, I was pissed that I couldn't refer my friend. My PVP did tell me about the program but also told me that the other girl would have to refer my friend. He took care of everything so it's just free money to us.