Inside Stateroom Upgrade Possible?

Just curious. We're on the low end of the spectrum, with an inside stateroom. But I wondered if the Oceanview or Balconies ever come within reach that it would be prudent to upgrade for cheap or free? Or am I just wishfully thinking? Maybe these price drops only happen for the higher up rooms?

I wouldn't say that it's not possible.

I've been watching the prices on our upcoming Oasis cruise very closely and noticed that all the prices have dropped significantly lately (we're a little over two weeks from sailing). For example, I noticed that the price of a balcony guarantee is only a little bit more expensive than an interior stateroom.

I think the key is to watch the prices for your sailing and if they drop, call your TA or Royal Caribbean for an upgrade. We've upgraded twice on this sailing alone, from our original D5 room to a D1 (no charge) to a Junior Suite (paid $80 to upgrade).

To get an upgrade you need to have purchased a guarantee room, correct? I mean they might automatically put you in a better room depending on what is available. Is this correct?

But if I see a good rate for a better room, or equivalent rate, I can still request to be moved to it as well?

I'm not explaining myself well. We have b2b cruises, one has a guarantee inside, the other is booked in the bowels of the boat, rm 2417. I see that there are guarantees for the one cruise and wonder if I can/should move the 2417 to a guarantee, more chance of upgrading...

I'm new to this shell game we call cruise upgrading. ;)

To get a upgrade make sure when you book the room say thay you are interested in a upgrade, I have a room # for a JS but told them I would be interested in upgrade or a upsell. I have went from inside to outside a few times on RCCL on upgrades. The key is do not book anything you will not be happy with.

Well, if it helps, I booked an inside guarantee with a minimum category Q room, and I received a category N. Still an inside room, but a 'better' category.

In my first cruise, the rooms dropped tremendously in price that the original price for an inside became the same price of the reduced-price oceanview rooms. But for me, I preferred to just take the price drop and keep the inside room rather than upgrading to an oceanview for the same price. :D

Well, if it helps, I booked an inside guarantee with a minimum category Q room, and I received a category N. Still an inside room, but a 'better' category.

In my first cruise, the rooms dropped tremendously in price that the original price for an inside became the same price of the reduced-price oceanview rooms. But for me, I preferred to just take the price drop and keep the inside room rather than upgrading to an oceanview for the same price. :D

You could only take the dollar value if the price dropped before RCCL final payment date. Other wise you would be looking at an upgrade or nothing.

I booked a inside gty on Voyager class and got a OV, but its because on that class the OVs on deck 2 are very unpopular and you cant walk the length of the deck under the ice rink.

I would rather have had a inside on a higher deck.

But yes, its possible to get a OV with a inside gty.

Archived