Paper Luggage Tags

A2ZMOMMY

We have never had to deal with printing our own luggage tags before and are somewhat concerned with them coming off when we hand our luggage over at check in. We are thinking of buying contact paper or self-laminating sheets to cover the tags and are wondering what others experiences have been. We are looking forward to our Carnival Glory cruise on 8/19 (celebrating our son's 9th birthday on 8/23). Thanks in advance for the input.:confused:

A lot of people just do as the instructions state (fold and staple to the luggage handle) and are just fine with it. Others, do a quick and easy lamination with clear packing tape and attach with plastic cable wraps to the luggage. Others (like us) actually laminate them (we have a small laminator at home). Still others just ask for luggage tags at the terminal, fill them in and attach prior to handing over to the porters.

We have never had to deal with printing our own luggage tags before and are somewhat concerned with them coming off when we hand our luggage over at check in. We are thinking of buying contact paper or self-laminating sheets to cover the tags and are wondering what others experiences have been. We are looking forward to our Carnival Glory cruise on 8/19 (celebrating our son's 9th birthday on 8/23). Thanks in advance for the input.:confused:

We cover them with clear packing tape then staple them onto our luggage.

Eta: amazon sells tag holders.

Clear packing tape is what I have read everywhere. One person said to just go to the dollar store and buy a cheap-o packing tape so you don't have to worry about an extra expense to use it and then throw it away. Keep in mind that you will get debarking tags before you leave...so these paper ones are really only for getting ON this ship.

Clear packing tape works like a charm -- back and forth and over, and repeat several layers' worth. It is super strong. Then I punch a hole in one end so I can attach it to my luggage with a little strap that comes with a conventional luggage tag.

That said, I did buy the plastic luggage tag holders that CC is selling when they were on sale -- $15 for 6 of them and they are great

I just do what the instructions say. No laminating for me. I use tape or staples depending on whatever the front desk at whatever hotel I am staying at lets me use. I have never had a problem getting my luggage on the ship.

When you think about it, the old tags were soft cardboard with the plastic tie which would easily rip but I never had a problem with them. They sure were a lot prettier! It'd be nice if they changed to some design rather the boring box it is now.

If you don't have clear packing tape and you only have scotch tape that would work also. Don't fret over it. Haven't had one thread on here about tags coming off and not getting luggage.

I also put a bright colored ribbon on the handle. Next time I buy luggage it WON'T be black but the most disgusting and ugly print I can find!

Bon Voyage!

On our first cruise I printed and did as the instructions stated stapling them on really good - no problems whatsoever.

However, I have seen these since our last cruise and bought cruise luggage tag holders from Favors By Serendipity, they got great reviews. But if you don't want to spend extra $ you'll be fine as is or with or without packing tape, just make sure you staple them on goood at the very least.

edited to say CC won't let me add a picture nor the link, sorry. I've also seen them on Ebay from different vendors, but always got outbid.

I use to worry about them, now after 10 cruises I just do what the instructions say. Once our shuttle driver came over and helped staple them on. Never had a problem. I do put two on most suitcases and one inside or something saying what ship and cabin # were in.

I never had problems with just wrapping a strip of clear packing tape around the end of the tag. Folding a full sheet of paper down to the tag size makes a pretty strong tag.

I wanted something that looked nicer but didn't want to pay $2 per tag so I got vertical badge holders 2.5 x 4.5 inches (50 for ~$10) and 6 inch clear rubber luggage loops (100 for $10). I print the tags at 75% of their original size so they fit and put them on like regular luggage tags.

Both methods are cheap and both have worked without a failure so far. I don't put the tags on either way before flying so that saves some wear on the tags.

I also put a bright colored ribbon on the handle. Next time I buy luggage it WON'T be black but the most disgusting and ugly print I can find!

Bon Voyage!

We put the ribbons on the luggage (black) too, but soon discovered so did pretty much everyone else. :rolleyes:

I've made that statement too, about buying the 'ugliest' luggage, but my DH bought us luggage, ... black.:(:rolleyes:

I purchased a stamp and some fabric paint and made my own 'ugly' luggage. One of a kind. ;)

OP - We use the packing tape/staple method. We also either put extra tags on the luggage or in it.

Archived