Bangkok on Celebrity Millennium 2014

pridepark

Please can anyone help. We are looking to do a tour in bangkok 'Bangkok Overnight on your Own' where they coach you in and you book your own hotel and they bring you back the next day. Does anyone know what time the next day they pick you up. I have asked celebrity and was told I will be told time and place of pick up as I am leaving the coach, which is not much help with my planning.

Many thanks

Please can anyone help. We are looking to do a tour in bangkok 'Bangkok Overnight on your Own' where they coach you in and you book your own hotel and they bring you back the next day. Does anyone know what time the next day they pick you up. I have asked celebrity and was told I will be told time and place of pick up as I am leaving the coach, which is not much help with my planning.

Many thanks

We did this in January, and we were dropped off, and picked up from, Central World Plaza in central Bangkok. We were picked up at 1pm on the second day, but that was later than planned, as we'd been dropped off an hour late on the first day due to delays in immigration clearance at the port. Basically, they give you 24hrs from drop off to pickup.

Central World Plaza is a good place for the drop off/pickup as it's close to the train, or there's taxi's available, and it's easy to travel on to your chosen hotel.

Our pick up was a bit later than that but that's because we were very delayed in arriving the day before, we were on the very first Millie visit to BKK.

I strongly recommend choosing a hotel within walking distance of the drop off point to maximise the time you have available. The traffic can be ridiculous, leaving on he shuttle bus it took us 1/2 an hour just to get out of the street we were picked up from.

Try the Renaissance, Centara Grand or Kempinski...or one of th others on that corner.

Sorry forgot to say above that our drop off was Central World Plaza as well.

We stayed at the Centara Grand which is directly above the shopping centre. Great choice, lovely hotel.

You will be very rushed if you try to see everything in one day.

BKK is my least favourite Asian city (and I have been there many times) however their is a lot to see, if you are unlikely to return make the most of it.

Sorry forgot to say above that our drop off was Central World Plaza as well.

We stayed at the Centara Grand which is directly above the shopping centre. Great choice, lovely hotel.

You will be very rushed if you try to see everything in one day.

BKK is my least favourite Asian city (and I have been there many times) however their is a lot to see, if you are unlikely to return make the most of it.

BKK is also our least favorite Asian city. We will return to Singapore, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. Also Shanghai and Viet Nam.

Archived