Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Had to stop lurking to let you know if you want to get relief from the cold, come to South Oz. We have had temperatures in the 40c. This sadly has resulted in bush fires in the hills that surround our lovely city and 27 homes have been lost. Today they are predicting flooding rain! Not sure what is happening to the weather patterns these days.

I do wish I could post photos. Please don't try to explain how to do it, as I've read the instructions many times, and to me, it is case of words on the page that have no meaning. It reminds me of how cross I got with my dear Mum when I tried to explain how to use a cassette tape - now it's happening to me. My son (who has a degree in computer science) has no patience with me.

Another thing I would like to know, how did all these girls find guys who love to cook? Sure didn't happen here!

Oh well, back to lurking

How lovely of you to post .... and join us lonely souls! :D

You mustn't apologise for not posting piccies yet .... learning how to spell qwerty is good enough for the time being. And get that son of yours to take you through the piccies slowly. :)

Sorry to hear of the fires ... no joking matter.

It is great that a few people here like talking about food. Some cook some eat and some both.

Please don't return to be a lurker. Think of it as being a voyeur, none of us want to be one of those do we. Well,not getting caught anyway, and Sophie needs some female company!

I always think of Adelaide as being so remote and far away from everything. Are you a home grown Oz or an immigrant from Pomland or somewhere lelse?

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
spelling etc

Had to stop lurking to let you know if you want to get relief from the cold, come to South Oz. We have had temperatures in the 40c. This sadly has resulted in bush fires in the hills that surround our lovely city and 27 homes have been lost. Today they are predicting flooding rain! Not sure what is happening to the weather patterns these days.

For our "lurking" friend from Adelaide, YES, I know all about the warm and fun of Australia and your part of that country. We were there in Aussie land for January 2014. This included Cairns for the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest, etc., plus two nights in Adelaide in connection with our two days on amazing and nearby Kangaroo Island. Then, we went to wonderful Sydney, did our 14-day cruise, etc.

We were in the Adelaide-K.I. area during the Jan. 16-19, 2014, period, right after that region was just coming out of a super heat wave last year. It had been 100+F temperature there, in Melbourne, etc. For our time on K.I., the temperature got more reasonable and we had a perfect time there. One of the super highlights for our overall trip. Below are just a few of my visual samples for what we enjoyed on Kangaroo Island. Our time in Adelaide was limited, but we liked what saw of your nice city, our evening dining fun, walking around there, etc.

Keep posting here! Don't be shy!! Happy to help you posting pictures on these boards, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 91,530 views for this posting.

Here are just five quick views from my pictures on day one from visiting amazing Kangaroo Island, 70 miles south of Adelaide in South Australia. First is an overall coastal/beach view within Flinders National Park. Second is one view of the many angles and perspectives for what is correctly called Remarkable Rocks. Third is the amazing view through that famed stone arch outward towards sea/rock/coastal scenery. Fourth, is wonderful (but heat stressed) Koala. So super cute and lovable. Finally, fifth is a picture of two Kangaroos doing what they do best on the wild, open plains on this amazing island. Much more on the full live/blog connected below.:

GBRLizIslanReef1_zpsd84266b9.jpg

GBRLizIslanReef_zps769f91a0.jpg

GBRLizIslanReef3_zpsb25405e5.jpg

GBRLizIslanReef4_zpsc6c944ce.jpg

GBRLizIslanReef5_zps8aff9a96.jpg

A plague of orstraylians on the chat list .. it's doomed !

Just wanted to say that IMnsHO.. Kangaroo Island is indeed a particularly beautiful part of 'Oz and should be on more visitors lists.

Did you walk on the the ocean beach with the monsters of the deep Terry ?

Sometimes I read Jeffs ramblings as a tad gauche (especially for a site devoted to a 6* Cruise line) and then he posts stuff that tell us all a bit about the person beneath the bulls***ty facade….. well done Jeff….

How lovely of you to post .... and join us lonely souls! I always think of Adelaide as being so remote and far away from everything. Are you a home grown Oz or an immigrant from Pomland or somewhere lelse?

Excellent follow-ups and encouragements from Jeff. BUT, not sure that I would agree that Adelaide is "so remote and far away from everything". That is assuming you are already in and around in Australia, Sydney, etc. Their airport is very nice, modern. Wonderful setting with great location nearby to the water, great wineries, etc.

Our experience?: From Melbourne to Adelaide for us last January 16, it was a one-hour 20-minute flight. On January 19 from Adelaide to Sydney, it was a one-hour 55-minute flight for us. Not bad!!

From the Daily Mail in London, they had an interesting article on Kangaroo Island last year. You can find it at:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2555266/Australia-holidays-Kangaroos-cuisine-South-Australia.html

Among the story highlights are: "There's nothing like running on a beach. And if that beach is on South Australia's Kangaroo Island, with its pristine sands and turquoise waters, then it's a truly wonderful sensation. KI is roughly the size of Kent, and a microcosm of different Australian landscapes. It's the place to see the best of Australia if you don't have time to see the whole country. Even on our short trip from the airport, we glimpsed bushland, eucalyptus woods, white sandy dunes and spectacular seascapes."

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 168,056 views. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here are three of my visuals from Adelaide. These do not do this nice town full justice, but it offers a little sampling. First is its historic theatre there. Second part of the Chinatown area with many dining options. Third is the exterior for the Italian dining place we visited and enjoyed on one of our two evenings in this city.:

Jan2015AA33_zps30db8247.jpg

Jan2015AA34_zps8968105f.jpg

Jan2015AA35_zps87f3ef65.jpg

Our Kangaroo Island guide, Jamie, prepared two great lunches in natural, wildlife-focused areas. Below are some visuals from our second day there when he cooked a mild, white fish out on a grill in this middle of nature setting. First, our two guides are preparing the fish and other items on the grill. Notice the various, unique plants in the background. Second is the completed meal with salad, fresh roll, etc. Third are a couple of the beverage options, including a red wine and local, different drinks such lemon-lime/bitters. Another local favorite was Bundaberg Ginger Beer.:

KangIslandTwoA7_zps1f2834cc.jpg

KangIslandTwoA8_zps382d17aa.jpg

KangIslandTwoA6_zps753cd9ed.jpg

Terry, I do so hope you didn't fall out of that tree. You do look like you were clinging on for dear life. You were warned not to climb trees.

tgh: A plague of orstraylians on the chat list .. it's doomed ! Just wanted to say that IMnsHO.. Kangaroo Island is indeed a particularly beautiful part of 'Oz and should be on more visitors lists. Did you walk on the the ocean beach with the monsters of the deep Terry ?

Sometimes I read Jeffs ramblings as a tad gauche (especially for a site devoted to a 6* Cruise line) and then he posts stuff that tell us all a bit about the person beneath the bulls***ty facade….. well done Jeff….

Appreciate these two super cute follow-ups. Nice try' date=' Jeff, but, NO!, NO![/b'], I was not up, UP in a tree with that Koala. On that picture, the creature was in a lower tree at a height just a few feet above my eye level. That picture was fairly easy to accomplish. This other picture shown below was a little more challenging. It took my longer lens and some special editing to bring out the details on this incredibly face as it was much, much higher UP, UP the tree in the wild.

For our Aussie friend, not sure about "the monsters of the deep". On K.I., yes, we had several walks on the beach. Below are a few pictures of the big creatures that we encountered there at Kangaroo Island's Seal Bay Conservation Park. This is home to the third largest Australian Sea Lion colony in Australia. Seal Bay is one of the most popular tourist destinations here and it was a great way for us to wrap up our visit to this unique island treasure. Are these the "monsters" to which you were referring?

They are one of the rarest species. An estimated of 14,700 exist in the world with 85% living in South Australia. Seal Bay has a population of around 1,000 of these sea lions. The Australian Sea Lion was nearly hunted to extinction in the 19th century. They have a life span of between 17 and 25 years. Male Australian Sea Lions are dark brown with a light yellow mane around their heads. The females are silver in color and do not have the mane. The males are very large (about 550-600 pounds), up to three times bigger than the females (135-220 pounds).

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 191,751 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

The operator of Exceptional Kangaroo Island touring picked us up on our second day and took us on a "hunt", successfully, to find more Koalas out in the wild. Here is another of my Koala pictures that we enjoyed so much. Aren't they cute? So lovable?:

KangIslandOneA1_zpsc37fce84.jpg

Here is a sampling of my many pictures with these interesting and playful Australian Sea Lions at Kangaroo Island's Seal Bay. This includes my wife and me being right there on the beach with these creatures just eleven months ago. Fun!!:

KangIslandTwoA1_zpse38bae7f.jpg

KangIslandTwoA3_zps871fcdb5.jpg

KangIslandTwoA_zpse8ca57a4.jpg

KangIslandTwoA2_zpsb9c66257.jpg

KangIslandTwoA4_zps72c4bc74.jpg

Thank you for the warm welcome. I may join more often but wont promise anything - ha!

Terry, you really have been to Adelaide, I know the places in your photos well.

Most people, when they make the long trip here, only visit the Eastern States, which I think is a shame, but I would, wouldn't I.

Sadly a lot of wildlife has been lost in the fires and there is an appeal for people to make booties to cover the koala's burnt paws. The people who go in and recuse these animals are wonderful.

Jeff, I am a true blue Oz girl but I have, and some may say an unhealthy, love affair with your country. We have been coming to the UK every year (sometimes twice) for over 30 years and have travelled north, south, east and west. I love reading the chit chat here about the villages and life in general there. People often say I was born in the wrong country. Not sure about that, but I love to visit. We will be back in London (my favourite city in the world) in August and I hope the weather is warmer than it was last year.

A little bit of Iceland, in my front yard! A few years back we visited Iceland in January and the frozen waterfalls were beautiful. I left ours running this year and took some pictures today - have never left it going this late in the winter but it is beautiful today with the solid layer of ice on top, and the bright sunshine!

So cool! I don't know how much longer the pump will last, and the cover is frozen shut so no getting it out now.

Joc123: Thank you for the warm welcome. I may join more often but wont promise anything - ha! Terry' date=' you really have been to Adelaide[/b'], I know the places in your photos well.

Most people, when they make the long trip here, only visit the Eastern States, which I think is a shame, but I would, wouldn't I.

Sadly a lot of wildlife has been lost in the fires and there is an appeal for people to make booties to cover the koala's burnt paws. The people who go in and recuse these animals are wonderful.

Jeff, I am a true blue Oz girl but I have, and some may say an unhealthy, love affair with your country. We have been coming to the UK every year (sometimes twice) for over 30 years and have travelled north, south, east and west. I love reading the chit chat here about the villages and life in general there.

JP's little bit of Iceland is not really what I want to see and consider right now. Below is our morning weather details for the next couple of days. Too cold!! Don't want to think or see too much on these icy options. It's creative for how you created these interesting icy looks. BUT . . . .

Appreciate the details from Joc123, your visits/love for the UK, etc. Yes, Adelaide and Kangaroo Island was super worth the time, money and efforts to do that part of Australia before the start of our cruise to amazing New Zealand. Most people here in the USA do not realize the massive SIZE of Australia and/or just think of only seeing the big, famous cities of Sydney and Melbourne. We wanted to sample some of the nature/wildlife and were richly rewarded by our wise choices, planning and actual visits.

For tgh, was I correct about the "monsters of the deep" being the Australian Sea Lions?

Enjoyed a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 91,636 views for this posting.

As of this morning, here is our upcoming weather outlook for Central Ohio. Cold, too cold!!:

Jan2015AA36_zpsa08c2e2c.jpg

Stay warm, Terry. Not much better here in Upstate New York. I blame the Canadians, though; they should be keeping their cold Polar air to themselves!

Speaking of which, next weekend we're going to Quebec City. Have never been that deep into Quebec, but have visited Montreal a few times. Should be fun as long as we don't freeze to death...

Think I'll finish up with a few posts from the last day in Paris, to cheer you up!

Thank you for the warm welcome. I may join more often but wont promise anything - ha!

Terry, you really have been to Adelaide, I know the places in your photos well.

Jeff, I am a true blue Oz girl but I have, and some may say an unhealthy, love affair with your country. We have been coming to the UK every year (sometimes twice) for over 30 years and have travelled north, south, east and west. I love reading the chit chat here about the villages and life in general there. People often say I was born in the wrong country. Not sure about that, but I love to visit. We will be back in London (my favourite city in the world) in August and I hope the weather is warmer than it was last year.

Welcome Joc, lovely to have some more female company:)

So sad about those poor koala bears but good to know that they are being cared for. I haven't been to Adelaide but did visit down under way back in the early 70's....so it's probably changed a lot!

London is one of my favourite cities too and I'm lucky that l can visit often.

Look forward to you joining in more on the cooler.

Sophia :)

Paris, 12/27:

The weather was a little nastier today, windy and rainy, but we made a go of it anyway. After another delicious breakfast, we headed out to Île de la Cité to look at a few parks we missed last time. The island is most famous for Notre-Dame and a few other big buildings but we avoided that area, and headed to the downstream part of the island. Here is Pont Neuf, where we crossed over:

Paris%2520for%2520CC-30.jpg

We stopped at Place Dauphine but it wasn't very interesting so we moved on. At the extreme tip of the island, there's a cute little park called Square du Vert-Galant. An overview -

Paris%2520for%2520CC-33.jpg

And a view from the very tip - looks like a cruise ship sailing the river!

Paris%2520for%2520CC-31.jpg

There was an occasional break from the rain so we could come out from under our parapluie...

Paris%2520for%2520CC-32.jpg

But the wind was whipping pretty good today, so back to the nearest Metro station for some heat and shelter. Off to the Musée des Artes et Metiers - an interesting collection of exhibits on Science, Architecture, and Engineering of all types. A nice respite from the weather. Here, I'm posing with the "Father of the Electric Dynamo"

Paris%2520for%2520CC-34.jpg

It was an interesting collection, but this exhibit of a 3.5" floppy disk bothered me... I still have some of those! And I have a desktop computer that could potentially still read them!

Paris%2520for%2520CC-35.jpg

The weather was a little more pleasant when we finished up at the museum; in fact, we could see the occasional sunbeam. We headed out from the museum towards the Centre Pompidou (just for you, Jeff), looking for a clock called La Defenseur du Temps.

Edited by jpalbny

Stay warm, Terry. Not much better here in Upstate New York. I blame the Canadians, though; they should be keeping their cold Polar air to themselves!

Speaking of which, next weekend we're going to Quebec City. Have never been that deep into Quebec, but have visited Montreal a few times. Should be fun as long as we don't freeze to death...

Think I'll finish up with a few posts from the last day in Paris, to cheer you up!

Enjoy Quebec jp....my late hubby and l did a grand tour of the area many years ago which took us into northern Quebec to a town called Val d'or where he lived as a young child. It was an amazing experience with hardly any tourists and the most beautiful scenery.

Thoughts are with the people of Paris and surrounding areas right now.

Sophia :)

Last day in Paris...

We found the clock without any trouble, though it was (of course) not working. It's an interesting sculpture nonetheless - when working, supposedly the soldier fights the dragon, or the crab, or the bird - sometimes, all three at once! That must be a sight... La Défenseur du Temps

Paris%2520for%2520CC-37.jpg

We walked from here to Pompidou, then Les Halles, and ducked into a café for lunch - delicious veal and duck dishes... Nice wine... It was hard to leave! But we did, and stopped by Tour St-Jacques along the way. Too bad you can't climb it; would have been nice to burn a few of those lunch calories!

Paris%2520for%2520CC-38.jpg

We didn't do too much else today... It was nice and relaxing! We headed back to the hotel and had a little trouble finding a dinner reservation, but eventually the concierge found us a spot at Hugo, which was a Metro ride away. We decided to leave early and check out the Opera, and the Galleries Lafayette.

Opera was pretty at night, but the Galleries were an absolute mob scene. It was challenging to walk on the sidewalks outside the stores, and inside was a zoo as well. We eventually made our way to the gourmet food store, which was less crowded than the other departments - fine by us, as we find this way more interesting! We picked up some nice sea salt to take home, and some chocolates. I pined over the 15 liter Nebuchadnezzar of Moet & Chandon, but eventually decided that it wouldn't fit in our carry-on...

Dinner at Hugo was nice - we had a seafood salad and the fish of the day (salmon and sea bass) for mains:

Paris%2520for%2520CC-39.jpgParis%2520for%2520CC-40.jpg

And we saved room for dessert - Crème brulée, and a delicious pear tart with salted caramel ice cream!

Paris%2520for%2520CC-41.jpgParis%2520for%2520CC-42.jpg

Back to the hotel with our goodies to think about packing up. We figured it could wait until morning!

12/28 - we have a reasonably late flight today at 11:15 so we had breakfast, and headed out to the RER around 8:00. It was decidedly chilly this morning, below freezing, and still quite dark. The train to CDG was efficient and we were through security in reasonable time, relaxing in the lounge. They did pull my bag and closely inspected our sea salts, though...

Flight home was very nice, and we landed at JFK on time. With Global Entry, and traveling only with carry-on luggage, we went from gate to long-term parking and our car within about 30 minutes - amazing! The drive home wasn't bad and we were home within 3 hours.

So, Christmas in Paris? Yes, it was great. We're thinking of somewhere in Spain next year. We didn't have enough time in Barcelona last time, so that's a possibility. Or somewhere to the south of there, as Sophia mentioned. We'll see!

Our thoughts are with the people of Paris as well. What a tragedy. Thanks, Sophia.

Edited by jpalbny

Stay warm, Terry. Not much better here in Upstate New York. I blame the Canadians, though; they should be keeping their cold Polar air to themselves! Speaking of which, next weekend we're going to Quebec City. Have never been that deep into Quebec, but have visited Montreal a few times. Should be fun as long as we don't freeze to death... Think I'll finish up with a few posts from the last day in Paris, to cheer you up!

specialcruisegirl: Thoughts are with the people of Paris and surrounding areas right now. Sophia

Great idea' date=' JP, to [b']blame the Canadians![/b] Seems like you could have a great skill for politics . . . looking for someone else to blame. Very creative!! Have been to Montreal, but not to Quebec City. Look forward to pictures and details from there. Good to see your added Paris highlights.

On cold weather, our "cure" and solution is getting closer. Just two weeks from early Saturday morning till when we depart from our CMH airport to Atlanta and then will be arriving at 4 pm in Barbados via Delta. Just 15 days. And then 16 days till we are on the Silver Cloud. But, who's counting? Below are some preview visuals. Look forward to getting my own, fresher pictures of these warm, sunny locations in the Caribbean.

Yes, Sophia, our thoughts are with those in Paris. Not good or challenging there with the "situations" of this week.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 168,163 views. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

From the Bing website search, here are three visual previews of the upcoming ports/islands on our late January-February agenda. First, is a wonderful beach example to seek out on Barbados for Jan. 24-25 or Feb. 11 when on that British-connected island. The next picture is an optional view for our second stop on Monday, Jan. 26 at St. Vincent & the Grenadines. Finally, the port preview of Gustavia, St. Barts for Feb. 18-19.:

Jan2015AA40_zps609e124d.jpg

Jan2015AA38_zpsd2993e60.jpg

Jan2015AA39_zps570f5642.jpg

Good afternoon all !

An extra fandabidosey welcome to Joc123 who whilst accusing me of bein' bleedin' gauche has at least given us a second date and posted more. Some of us blokes aren't use to getting a second date with any females ... and that's all I'm sayin'! :eek:

It's lovely to see Terry and JP's pictures .... I hope you don't mind me saying so (and I include myself in this ) I think all of the guys here have one thing in common and that is that they are all batting way, way, way above their weight wife-wise.

Terry's wife is not only lovely (is it me .. but she looks considerably younger than Methuselah she actually married), but she makes meat loaf and tolerates Terry. He does do good selfies and even though he climbs trees and dresses up as a marsupial. he always has a lovely upmarket sheen to him. Unlike me who is constantly told by wifey to "tuck my shirt in".

Then there's JP and lovely Chris. JP has sensible shoes but Chris always looks like she travels well without any stress. She always looks relaxed and smiling. And she gets up early.

And I have Wifey. NumberOne Wifey as I like to remind her. And she has put up with me!

Those Paris pictures are wonderful and remind us of the complicated times we are entering and how terrible they are heading for. That is why stridency must replace mealy mouthed platitudes and why we must always understand the difference between patriotism and nationalism. We need to be clear about these things and be offensive if we are to change things.

Anyway, that being so or not, the house is warm, the bill has been paid, I was stiffed but reduced that to a minima, and today I made Her Cote de Boeuf with some of her yearned for freshly braised Italian tomatos and some fries etc. Beef bbq'd to 110degrees and rested for 10 minutes ...and my falafel shapers arrived from Israel. And there is some dough rising for tonight's Marinara. And she came home with some flowers. I think I'm going wobbly because I love flowers.

67FEE101-5EBC-43BD-88F9-0ED94781C5B8.jpg

778C6A15-A6A4-469D-80D1-811E7E89219A.jpg

4F702D8B-1DFF-449F-8367-C1C89FF230F2.jpg

870D4D7C-E972-4BF0-8EB7-040C9843EA93.jpg

2804428D-BCBA-4FF2-9F82-A962BA62A557.jpg

I'm still here - not really lurking but not posting - time still of an essence - although it's been 7 months since we arrived there still seems so much to do! Took advantage of the milder weather today to fight with a nasty patch of snowberry that has taken over a chunk of the garden - so far it's 50/50 as to who will win this battle.

Loving all the pix of food (yum) and also all the lovely scenery etc.

We're meeting a lady on Tuesday who hopefully will come and stay here with 4 legs if everything goes ok we'll be able to book a cruise. Looking at Silversea again - oh dear decisions decision.

Mary

Good afternoon all !

It's lovely to see Terry and JP's pictures .... I hope you don't mind me saying so (and I include myself in this ) I think all of the guys here have one thing in common and that is that they are all batting way, way, way above their weight wife-wise.

Terry's wife is not only lovely (is it me .. but she looks considerably younger than Methuselah she actually married), but she makes meat loaf and tolerates Terry. He does do good selfies and even though he climbs trees and dresses up as a marsupial. he always has a lovely upmarket sheen to him. Unlike me who is constantly told by wifey to "tuck my shirt in".

Then there's JP and lovely Chris. JP has sensible shoes but Chris always looks like she travels well without any stress. She always looks relaxed and smiling. And she gets up early.

And I have Wifey. NumberOne Wifey as I like to remind her. And she has put up with me!

Now that is funny! The Methuselah reference killed me (sorry, Terry!).

I do like my Skechers and they are very sensible - I just got another pair in black leather so they will go better with my travel scheme - the ever-slimming black wardrobe! I've taken the current pair on 5 Europe trips last year and they are ready to retire.

It's much easier being a guy because one pair of shoes "kinda" goes with everything, and no one expects you to look like much! Sometimes low standards are a good thing. It's harder being a fashion plate like Chris though she did only take one pair of shoes to Paris as well.

But it's just not fair that she can walk through that maelstrom of wind and rain, then pull off looking that well-composed in a picture, dressed up with her $2 scarf from Ecuador - while I look like something that the cat dragged in, gnawed on, and barfed up on the carpet. Traveling is hard, but she has figured out how to look good doing it.

OK Jeff, your turn to post non-blurred pictures for comparison.

:D

I thought it was a very nice reference being named after a man who looked good after 969 years and had a big bottle of wine named after him! I think we should call Terry 6 litre man ... and if he is really good, then in a couple of years we can promote him to Jeroboam!

Those pictures are not blurred I promise you. I always look like that in the mirror after lunch.

:)

I'm still here - not really lurking but not posting - time still of an essence - although it's been 7 months since we arrived there still seems so much to do! Took advantage of the milder weather today to fight with a nasty patch of snowberry that has taken over a chunk of the garden - so far it's 50/50 as to who will win this battle.

Loving all the pix of food (yum) and also all the lovely scenery etc.

We're meeting a lady on Tuesday who hopefully will come and stay here with 4 legs if everything goes ok we'll be able to book a cruise. Looking at Silversea again - oh dear decisions decision.

Mary

Good to hear all is well with you Mary.....with all the boxes here yet to be unpacked I'm seriously thinking of just hiring a skip to get rid...:rolleyes:

Working on four legs care here also for when l go away...good luck with the cruise.

S:)

Jeffers....do keep up dear...it wasn't Joc who called you gauche....you must keep orff that awfully cheap vino you sup...;):rolleyes:

S :D

Bleedin' 'ell. I've wronged up the wrong 'un. This is wot 'appens when you drink that anti freeze stuff. I'm gonna stick to screen wash in future.

Sorry Joc.

And I ain't gauche. It's just water retention.

:)

Jeff, third date and so soon - only to say I would never call anyone gauche- I maybe from convict stock but my upbringing has been better than that. Apology accepted. You never know, there maybe a fourth date!

It's lovely to see Terry and JP's pictures .... I hope you don't mind me saying so (and I include myself in this ) I think all of the guys here have one thing in common and that is that they are all batting way, way, way above their weight wife-wise. Terry's wife is not only lovely (is it me .. but she looks considerably younger than Methuselah she actually married), but she makes meat loaf and tolerates Terry. He does do good selfies and even though he climbs trees and dresses up as a marsupial. he always has a lovely upmarket sheen to him. Unlike me who is constantly told by wifey to "tuck my shirt in".

jpalbny: The Methuselah reference killed me (sorry' date=' Terry![/b']).

UKCruiseJeff: I thought it was a very nice reference being named after a man who looked good after 969 years and had a big bottle of wine named after him! I think we should call Terry 6 litre man ... and if he is really good' date=' then in a couple of years we can promote him to Jeroboam! [/quote']

Normally, I'm fairly good at history. BUT, Methuselah is so super, totally OLD, that not even me did realized that this Bible character was 900+ years old. WOW!! No way am I that old!! Not close!! Yes, my wife looks young, just she is actually sixteen months older than me. Keep it secret!! I am not suppose to mention that she robbed the cradle to get me.

We'll have to work on Jeff's eyesight testing. Will post some added visuals in the next couple of days to prove that I am not even close to that 900+ age level.

Food? Here are three visuals from dinner out tonight with friends taken with my handy iPhone. The treats are from Señor Antonio's. Love their Mexican food. Very fresh, tasty! Lots of chips and very good salsa. And great Margaritas, etc. See the proof below.

Their website: http://www.senorantonio.com

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, you might look at this earlier posting that shows many options and visual potentials for this city that is so great for "walking around", personally sampling its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 45,759 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

Here are some of the chips and salsa from our Friday evening dinner at Señor Antonio's located just north of Columbus.:

Jan2015AA4_zpsc13dcc00.jpg

Gotta have a margarita at Señor Antonio's. This is their GIANT 27 oz. version, frozen with salt that my wife and I shared. Super good! Not watered down. You can "feel" the good stuff that is in it!:

Jan2015AA5_zps75f60409.jpg

This is my favorite, their Enchiladas del Mar. It has two flour enchiladas stuffed with crab, shrimp, onions, celery and spices. Topped with tomatillo sauce and served with Mexican rice, lettuce, guacamole and pico de gallo.:

Jan2015AA6_zpsf8c17bd7.jpg

I thought it was a very nice reference being named after a man who looked good after 969 years and had a big bottle of wine named after him! :)

Just to help Jeff's eyesight some more, below is a very current picture of me. He has been nice and kind in the past to say that I clean up fairly well. That was good.

BUT, to clarify that I am not 969 years of age like Jeff's close, personal friend named Methuselah, this was Friday (yesterday) afternoon while I was on the studio set getting ready to tape a program with the WOSU-TV News Director and others. No walker needed by me to get around at my "advanced" age. Am off now to a meeting in northern Ohio this morning. Will be busy with many other activities this weekend. AND, got to get ready for the Ohio State versus Oregon National Championship game Monday night. Not going to the Dallas area for that big game, but will be watching on TV with my wife.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 168,383 views. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

On the WOSU-TV news set with their News Director in doing a Friday program taping. I'm alive and well! Here's the photo evidence with me shown on the left side!:

PhotoBucket700mp1_zps9f9087e1.jpg