Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

What is it

I do recognize the Heinz sugar sauce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It was (supposedly) Southern Fried (baked) Chicken with Corn Fritters. The Heinz sauce is totally underated. Notice the green label. It is the organic one. It has twice the tomato content than the standard one and was lovely. My best achievement was opening the tomato sauce -- and doing the rest (apart from the home made coleslaw which my wife instists I always make fresh) everything else was rubbish. I am ashamed. Except for the house wine. And my lovely lovely wife. She is wonderful.

She went up to London yesterday to have lunch with my daughter and have a day away from me. I had microwave curry and a Zoji rice, which I couldn't eat because I pined. I had a sausage sandwich instead ... and pined.

They walked from Waterloo to Tower Bridge via loads of pubs and bars and then back to Soho where they had Lebanese food and got drunk. I paid. They toasted me ... and forgot me. :mad:

She was then chatted up by a couple of young guys on the train back. She was now all gregaroius.

I was forced to wait for her at the station and people kept getting in the back of me in her car and telling me to take them to Cuba or somewhere ... because they thought I was a taxi. So I was grumpy. Now to top it all - this meal. :mad: The wine however was good. :) And I have you to talk to. :)

Doesn't suprise me. All this good wine must leave you a bit tired in the afternoons. Porridge and Scotch in the morning then a bottle of expensive claret followed by a nip.

Today's lunch was a disaster.

752F8A14-227D-423C-A763-260634850985_zpsday0h2ip.jpg

Surely you'd be better off going to KFC if they have them in Hampshire.

We'll done for owing up to this culinary nightmare

I bet the Rioja went down quickly

............. the clues are in the picture ..... :)

P1020379_zps4c75b28c.jpg

It's Spain

Nava Asturias?

That's where the Sidra Pomar comes from that they have on the bar

Could be Barca or Seville

Edited by Mr Luxury

It's Spain

Nava Asturias?

That's where the Sidra Pomar comes from that they have on the bar

Could be Barca or Seville

It's Barcelona ... well done. Off that big square off Ramblas. As it's a tapas bar that could be anywhere I guess ...... spent many a happy hour.

Just bought a load of cold Spanish and Italian meats some olives and feta and some watercress and tomatoes and some London Cure salmon and a nice Gails Sourdough in the hope of a sunny day lunch.. but I think we're going to be cheated.

You may have noticed that the Rioja was still the 2007 and it is drinking really lovely.

Where are you lunching this week?

It's Barcelona ... well done. Off that big square off Ramblas. As it's a tapas bar that could be anywhere I guess ...... spent many a happy hour.

Just bought a load of cold Spanish and Italian meats some olives and feta and some watercress and tomatoes and some London Cure salmon and a nice Gails Sourdough in the hope of a sunny day lunch.. but I think we're going to be cheated.

You may have noticed that the Rioja was still the 2007 and it is drinking really lovely.

Where are you lunching this week?

Gails are a fantastic artisan bakers,they have sixteen outlets in London.

I assume that you buy your sourdough from Waitrose as you are out in the sticks.

I was in Lymington last night for dinner and stayed over.

No lunch today as I have been to the gym.

Lunch tomorrow at Marks Club off Berkeley Square

Thursday in Scott's,Friday Restaurant 34,Saturday Skibo Castle for the weekend.

Of course I noticed that the plonk was 2007

You can drink youngish Rioja as it packs such flavour but it does improve with age like you and me.

Do you get your Anne Summers electric wine gurgler out for a KFC lunch or is it reserved for special culinary outings?

Gails are a fantastic artisan bakers,they have sixteen outlets in London.

I assume that you buy your sourdough from Waitrose as you are out in the sticks.

I was in Lymington last night for dinner and stayed over.

No lunch today as I have been to the gym.

Lunch tomorrow at Marks Club off Berkeley Square

Thursday in Scott's,Friday Restaurant 34,Saturday Skibo Castle for the weekend.

Of course I noticed that the plonk was 2007

You can drink youngish Rioja as it packs such flavour but it does improve with age like you and me.

Do you get your Anne Summers electric wine gurgler out for a KFC lunch or is it reserved for special culinary outings?

The wonders of Ocado means we get Gails in the sticks, every Monday and Friday Mornings one of their lovely vans appears. Even in the very worst of the winter when we were snowed in, Ocado put it's snow chains on and was the only vehicle to get in or out. They have been selling Gails from very early on. It makes no sense at all to make sourdough.

The aereator doesn't do as well on wines already with a fair punch. It's at it's best with Claret and the odd merlot. But is bad at anything already fairly heavy or anything that doesn't last well overnight.

Skibo sounds lovely for the weekend. Envious.

May not be up your street, but BA have just started offering "Hello Day Trips" - really cheap away days on short haul Europe over Saturdays and Sundays for between £40 and £50 each way. Essential a couple of quid plus the tax. They normally offer them from the next weekend and for two weeks after. From my point of view what makes them better .... they are in G bucket so give miles as well. Upgrades seem to turn up for the usual cost.

Because of how I use miles these trips are effectively free as the miles are worth more than the cost. My CX Gold get's the BA lounges and seat selection. We've planning to book a few and will take in Geneva, Lisbon and Vienna for a few Saturdays. If you have CCR access then you would make that up on LPGS! And you get to see the bleedin' 'orse.

Any interest?

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/offers/holidays/hellodaytrip

It reminds me of the BMI days when we use to do loads of day trips in C at peanuts.

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
added link...

I'll have a look

Might save a few Net Jets miles

Interesting why the airy fairy does not seem good with a weighty wine

It's funny. Several of the weekend places have a lack of decent hotels. Or at least hotels I don't fancy. But many have places I fancy for a long lovely lunch. And also, I do get bored quickly. And then there is also the ViSpring. I do miss the ViSpring when away. We already take a pile of pillows, some hotels, keep a stock of pillows I've left there ... but I can't take a 7 foot wide ViSpring.

So for example, a day in Nice where there are essentially terrible hotels, but for some oysters and a lobster etc is a great idea. Cafe de Turino, basic but great for some Ott Rose and some great seafood. Geneva, dead on Sundays, great on Saturdays, but not a hotel in sight that I enjoy. A day is great, and back in time for tea and ViSpring. Lisbon airport is close to the center and some good food but some rubbish hotels.

We are going to fill our boots. :)

The wines. Not a sophisticat like you, but some wines never last a second day. In my case they ... how shall I say ....."upset me". ;) Those wines in particular accelerate those defects. But for many it is great, but not the Rioja that has it all already.

..... also ... meant to say. BA G bucket means that these seats are in the general flow and in fact aren't load restricted. These should be available until the last seat or so and are in fact available alongside and will replace the most expensive last minute seat. They are a real bargain.

..... also ... meant to say. BA G bucket means that these seats are in the general flow and in fact aren't load restricted. These should be available until the last seat or so and are in fact available alongside and will replace the most expensive last minute seat. They are a real bargain.

Economy would be an education.

A lot has gone already can't see why people would pay £98 return to Manchester for the day.

Economy would be an education.

A lot has gone already can't see why people would pay £98 return to Manchester for the day.

They pay £5 to get there and £93 to get back .... Once managed the first flight out for a business meeting and got on the same flight back ... and got back to Hampshire in time to make lunch. Horrible days.

As you know, there's no difference on economy and business seat wise except you're guaranteed the centre seat free in business as you know. However, choose A and C further up the plane and no one will be in B and you already have lounge. Business makes little sense in Europe to you or I if you can face it. You already have priority boarding so the cash is in fact a waste for C. However long-haul it's always F as you know.

I don't know whether you are a Cuban (or elsewhere) cigar man but you know that Geneva has some very very useful wrinkles for the cigar smoker? :)

They pay £5 to get there and £93 to get back .... Once managed the first flight out for a business meeting and got on the same flight back ... and got back to Hampshire in time to make lunch. Horrible days.

As you know, there's no difference on economy and business seat wise except you're guaranteed the centre seat free in business as you know. However, choose A and C further up the plane and no one will be in B and you already have lounge. Business makes little sense in Europe to you or I if you can face it. You already have priority boarding so the cash is in fact a waste for C. However long-haul it's always F as you know.

I don't know whether you are a Cuban (or elsewhere) cigar man but you know that Geneva has some very very useful wrinkles for the cigar smoker? :)

No good to me as I have never smoked.

I have friends in Geneva who own a large fashion house

I look after them in London perhaps it's time to call in a favour.

Jeff, the Wellington and cheese mash looks yum!! I want some!

Not heard of (or remember) Jilly's but Houston's is everywhere in Atlanta and their ribs are pretty good.

Karin

Hi Karin,

I found you here. Great meeting you and Jeff on the Wind.

Here is my email address.

scott.lovell3@sympatico.ca

Let's keep in touch.

Best regards and hugs from Canada.

Scott and Jay