Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Is that watercress I see? Yum

A bought in bag of mixed lambs lettuce, spinach, watercress etc. The roast pepper and onion couscous was good.:)

Came down overnight to our beach place where we're having lunch on our balcony overlooking the sea and beaches. Only fishcakes and parsley sauce as we're having delivered curries every other night whilst we're down here and I don't know how to order small amounts ...

View from our table today on the balcony using the ipad panorama app .....:)

603CE5B2-EF71-421A-9B0A-F153A925F708_zpsbsgmwz0k.jpg

Where are the palm trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Devon.

You may ... or may not be :) .. interested but the building on the waters edge under the tree in the middle of the picture under the tree by itself was originally a Napoleonic hospital now a bar / restaurant. It is actually this bay that Napoleon attempted to invade / or defect (depending on which version you believe) to England. Oddly, instead of being imprisoned straight away he was taken to a hotel - I use to use his suite - and then to Exeter prison. The flat green on the right was originally a burial place for the casualties of that Napoleonic adventure. There is only one Brit buried there.

We bought the place because I kept having a fantasy about finding a quiet beach with no traffic so I could sit on a quiet beach first thing in the morning - and we never ever found what was in my dream ... but my wife was restless one day so I sent her on the steam train and she saw the beach you can see, with punch and judy etc., and if you look carefully there are no roads anywhere near the beach. There is also a steam train service behind those beach huts. My wife found the house by accident and seeing it to purchase was a total of 5 minutes ....

I use be bring clients down to the house for several days strategic planning days when we would sit on the beach and think and devise cunning plans. A decent way to earn a living.m

It's great because it is under two hours from our other house.

Quite beautifully idyllic, with a rich history too:)

Sophia

s

Sophia,

We are immensely lucky in the UK. We constantly discover history. Our main home is in in an ancient village with both an ancient barrow settlement and an old Roman Villa. A mosaic from the villa is in the British Museum. We also have a stone age flint mine.

I was reading in the newspaper archives that this beach house was built on the site of a hotel and I read that the owner was fined in the war for a light offence ie not blacking out during German air raids.

I love social history,

Blue sky and sunshine??!!! Guess it's getting ready for arrival to return to grey and doom and gloom LOL

Another sunny one back here in Blighty. Not quite the back of the boat but a couple of drinks on the balcony (after having to cut the bleedin' grass) and the excitement of a tanker passing the bay ......

0938AFCC-D4B1-4627-A3E9-8E27720E6913_zps0svey7ts.jpg

C74DE891-657D-4BA1-9E21-E9F747E54CCF_zpshupaw9qn.jpg

Another sunny one back here in Blighty. Not quite the back of the boat but a couple of drinks on the balcony (after having to cut the bleedin' grass) and the excitement of a tanker passing the bay ......

What a grand view you have, I'd be very happy to be by the sea every day if only to watch vessels passing by....is that Pimms time?

Sophia

What a grand view you have, I'd be very happy to be by the sea every day if only to watch vessels passing by....is that Pimms time?

Sophia

Sophia,

You are terrible. I confess. That is Pimms but au naturel. No fruit. Luxury will be having a fit because there's no Carmen Miranda in the bleedin' glass. And we're on our third. Sod lunch. I think of this place as being a beach hut with a ViSpring bed. So I'm sometimes a bit bad on the supplies front.

How about some inconsequential detail on your day. The importance is in the detail as the watercooler beckons .....

:)

If you are lucky enough to live on the water, you are lucky enough!

Thanks. :)

Very true .... there is a lovely smell of the sea at the moment. There's people on the beach the odd dog yapping and it's panini, sausage rolls, a herring and Pimms for lunch. It is not up to SS class. But it will do.:D

We are so fortunate to have a completely pointless life, exactly as was intended by those that have put us here.

Quite desperate to hear the trivia of other people's days. The only criteria must be that it is the square root of bugger all.

:D

Thanks. :)

Quite desperate to hear the trivia of other people's days. The only criteria must be that it is the square root of bugger all.

:D

Jeff, the house is in a beautiful spot. Must say the view looks familiar, but I haven't visited that neck of the woods for more than 30 years, so perhaps I've just made a collage of the area in my memory and it's not actually somewhere I've ever visited.

If you're eager for other people's trivia, I'll try to help if you can suggest a topic.

I'm nursing a sport injury at the moment and stuck in the house. I'm afraid I'm not at my best because I'm bored and restless. Family members are past being sympathetic and molly coddling stage and are as fed up of me by now as I am of them :D

I may suggest to husband that he could get me some Pimms to help while away the long boring days :eek:

This afternoon's culinary delight here has been a Belton Red cheese sandwich (cheese from Ocado delivery). Oh and a packet of Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles.

Ah..the high life.

Is it too early for me to open a bottle of red? I mean, I can't call it my lunchtime tipple because lunch was 3 hours ago. :o

I've got an Italian red from BA Wine Club/Laithwaites that I'm surprised to find is very pleasant. It's called Pillastro Primitivo and apparently Primitivo is Zinfandel :eek: Can't believe I like it. Suspect if someone had told me it was zinfandel beforehand I would have convinced myself that I wouldn't like it....make of that what you will!

Here in Cyprus Pimms is our favourite tipple, especially when we have guests over which we frequently do. We love all the fruity bits with plenty of ice, a nice aperitif before an evening meal. :D

Is it too early for me to open a bottle of red? I mean, I can't call it my lunchtime tipple because lunch was 3 hours ago. :o

I've got an Italian red from BA Wine Club/Laithwaites that I'm surprised to find is very pleasant. It's called Pillastro Primitivo and apparently Primitivo is Zinfandel :eek: Can't believe I like it. Suspect if someone had told me it was zinfandel beforehand I would have convinced myself that I wouldn't like it....make of that what you will!

And there was I thinking that Primitivo was just Primitive in English

Sophia,

You are terrible. I confess. That is Pimms but au naturel. No fruit. Luxury will be having a fit because there's no Carmen Miranda in the bleedin' glass. And we're on our third. Sod lunch. I think of this place as being a beach hut with a ViSpring bed. So I'm sometimes a bit bad on the supplies front.

How about some inconsequential detail on your day. The importance is in the detail as the watercooler beckons .....

JEFF,

Cucumber would have sufficed

And there was I thinking that Primitivo was just Primitive in English

Quite! :D I wasn't shown the label before I consumed the wine (awful service from the Head Sommelier in this house). I would surely have refused it.

Anyway, yes apparently it's zinfandel. And I hate to say it, rather tasty. :eek:

I didn't bring a cucumber. If I had would have stuck it in. I had cut my way through the undergrowth of the A303 with my machete fronted SL, but didn't bring a cucumber.

pssst ! you can get them from Ocado :D;)

pssst ! you can get them from Ocado

Not in Devon you can't!

R. gal ... you and I KINDRED SPIRITS!!!!

I'm also a bit infirm ... particularly after lunch ... but what's this stuff about SPORTS!! You need to get a grip!! No good came from sports. If G*d intended you to go quick he would have given you wheels. I get no sympathy AT ALL. Every time someone is on TV with an ailment it is clear that I have it as well. Does she care? No. No sympathy.

Glad to see you love those Rowntree Fruit Pastilles. They weren't the ones on Flash Sale in the big green box a week or two back? ;)

Two Boxes chez mois. The procedure is that I take all the non-green ones and when I have finished they are put into staff quarters and she can then take all the little greenies herself. A Rowntrees Marriage made In Heaven. I like all the non-greenies, she hates all the non-greenies! On an aside, I hate the ends of sausages and she loves them! If I'd known that earlier .....

Below is the hotchpotch of todays lunch. Didn't turn out as planned, but I complied with very specific instructions. Her tongue was hanging out of the side of her mouth, and as I got up she bucked up and said "No more Pimms!" So I Bought up a Euro based Tapas selection of What We Have In the Fridge and a bottle of Mumm Rose. Complied with instructions!!

Anchovies, Iberico ham, fish balls, sourdough bread, sausage rolls, leaves with my famous vinaigrette, etc etc .. and the champers. You can also see the steam train on the bottom pic.

Tell me how your day turned out. No detail is unimportant gail.

Your comrade in unappreciated adversity.

Jeff

A041B717-8171-41CF-A770-6C39D8B4E638_zpsiiuaqjod.jpg

B8FD7008-F13C-4A53-A5B8-01F21130866D_zpsn1gyzfsa.jpg

D1B3261E-A426-4599-9C59-A1BA686DF407_zpsd0ivc7ok.jpg