Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

There are these lovely stainless steel wine glasses which won't impart plastic flavor to the wine

When we out by the pool they are used so "company policy" could still be enforced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

There are these lovely stainless steel wine glasses which won't impart plastic flavor to the wine

When we out by the pool they are used so "company policy" could still be enforced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

My company policy is to only drink from glasses made by Spieglau or Riedel at the very least.

It's wine not Tizer

Listen ... I use to drink straight from the bottle ... so plastic glasses is progress of a sort ......

:D

Thanks Cleo, and for another one ..

Ave my friend

I am calm and have kind heart. I always try to help my friends and members

of my family. I believe that life is full of unbelievable and truly great

things http://www.xxxxx.xx.

Man of my dreams has to be confident,

reliable, strong and family oriented.

Best regards,

Inn

She bought some doughnuts today. So I went down ... and there they were. Four in a box. Not five. Four. So I did the right thing, and took two. Lovely they were as well. I thought about the third. She wouldn't eat it. And if I leave her two, she'll know I'm not a greedy git, and I really love her. And anyway, it gives her a chance to show she loves me! Who can lose? She'll leave me one! so I only had the two! :)

Guess what she DID!?:eek:

She ate all bleedin' two of them, and left me none!:(

She bought some doughnuts today. So I went down ... and there they were. Four in a box. Not five. Four. So I did the right thing, and took two. Lovely they were as well. I thought about the third. She wouldn't eat it. And if I leave her two, she'll know I'm not a greedy git, and I really love her. And anyway, it gives her a chance to show she loves me! Who can lose? She'll leave me one! so I only had the two! :)

Guess what she DID!?:eek:

She ate all bleedin' two of them, and left me none!:(

Love is

Eating two doughnuts out of four.

She'll get half if you divorce anyway.

Hubs cooking pork stroganoff as I speak - not sure on the wine of the evening we're finishing up the stock so it's always interesting!

Lots of things are disappearing as folks answer ads online. Seems you can sell practically anything here LOL

Mary

Hubs cooking pork stroganoff as I speak - not sure on the wine of the evening we're finishing up the stock so it's always interesting!

Lots of things are disappearing as folks answer ads online. Seems you can sell practically anything here LOL

Mary

Good Morning Mary!

Got it! You're selling your unwanted stuff on line in Bermuda and people are buying?

Is there any specific food and other local things you'll miss when you return?

Jeff

She'd get the bigger half!

Where are you lunching today?

Jeff

You never listen to me

I've just got back from Gravetye Manor.

The gardens are lovely food very good.

Coach house for dinner last night,outstanding food and service

Very acceptable Italian wines

Where's your food picture of the day

Was it the ham egg and chips as mentioned

You never listen to me

I've just got back from Gravetye Manor.

The gardens are lovely food very good.

Coach house for dinner last night,outstanding food and service

Very acceptable Italian wines

Where's your food picture of the day

Was it the ham egg and chips as mentioned

I do listen to you darling, ... this is like bein' bleedin' married ... I was listenin' ... I'm just forgetful and confused. It is after all today and not yesterday.

Guess what .... today we had PEAS! Yes ... bleedin' PEAS!

We started off with drinkypoos. Then I put the brollies up because it's hot and the food piccies are in the shade!

You know how, when you look at pastry you know it's going to be good. Look at this! Steak pie, my famous mash, broccoli and peas. Couldn't find much proper wine, so we had to have some of that French muck. Did you notice the posh wine bucket? That is why no house ... even a beach hut should exist without an ice machine.

All followed By Ben and Jerries Chewy!

BCDFE5DB-B9C3-48AD-8996-71ED05A544BA_zpslnq3sea7.jpg

E2A4510E-DAB0-4E68-AE3A-164A559B8DD2_zps0kep37ua.jpg

74D29136-BE62-4A82-9C1C-19C5E579398B_zpsio6sxxt0.jpg

That is most certainly a mean looking pie...did it come up to par?

Quiet day here slouching around the garden although l did produce a roast lamb lunch..rather stupid on such a warm day :rolleyes:

Sophia

Funnily enough ...I sometimes have second thoughts with roast lamb when it turns out sunny but it can be converted into a summer dish by forgetting about the trimmings and either making some quick flatbreads or keeping some pittas in the freezer. Pointed cabbage, lettuce, olives, feta, course chopped parsley and red onion and you've gone all Greek!

The pie is the best pie I've had for a long time ..... Waitrose Beef.

Have to change the game late next week and learn something new as we need to lose a bit of wheight and I'm going to go all lean and mean. :(

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
ipaditis

Funnily enough ...I sometimes have second thoughts with roast lamb when it turns out sunny but it can be converted into a summer dish by forgetting about the trimmings and either making some quick flatbreads or keeping some pittas in the freezer. Pointed cabbage, lettuce, olives, feta, course chopped parsley and red onion and you've gone all Greek!

The pie is the best pie I've had for a long time ..... Waitrose Beef.

Have to change the game late next week and learn something new as we need to lose a bit of wheight and I'm going to go all lean and mean. :(

I'm very lucky here to have a fabulous local butcher. He boned and rolled the lamb for me and it truly was delicious, melted in the mouth. I have a bigger piece in the freezer which l am intending to take over to my kids next month when l go and visit.

The said butcher also makes all his own pies and they too are excellent.

Today's offering was accompanied by cabbage, leeks, cauli and peas!!;)

I couldn't be doing with boiling the spuds so just threw roasters into the pan with the lamb :D

Good luck with the lean and mean!! I can highly recommend the iceberg wedge ;) usually throw in a couple of baked potatoes and then have either smoked or fresh salmon on the side or fill the spuds with tuna mayo and onion.

Sophia

That pie does look superb.

Not much happening here. I have been grumpy.

Head Sommelier produced a delicious lunch. Simple cooking but excellent quality ingredients, and perfect for today's weather. Wild Scottish salmon, with heavily buttered Jersey Royals, and hollandaise sauce. He didn't make the sauce himself. I know this because it was too tasty. ;)

edited to add - also local asparagus. How could I forget that!

Edited by Ravenscroft

I'm very lucky here to have a fabulous local butcher. He boned and rolled the lamb for me and it truly was delicious, melted in the mouth. I have a bigger piece in the freezer which l am intending to take over to my kids next month when l go and visit.

The said butcher also makes all his own pies and they too are excellent.

Today's offering was accompanied by cabbage, leeks, cauli and peas!!;)

I couldn't be doing with boiling the spuds so just threw roasters into the pan with the lamb :D

Good luck with the lean and mean!! I can highly recommend the iceberg wedge ;) usually throw in a couple of baked potatoes and then have either smoked or fresh salmon on the side or fill the spuds with tuna mayo and onion.

Sophia

Hello Sophia.

Do keep supporting your local butcher. We lost both of ours within a 6 month period. We're lucky to have an excellent Waitrose and a Booths supermarket about 15 miles away, the butchery counters are not up to the standard of the local butchers, but they're better than the other choices.

Laughing at your "iceberg wedge ;)" :D Mr L won't miss that one! I actually prefer Romaine lettuce but I do think he was rather harsh about the iceberg.

And on the subject of becoming lean and mean, I can see that I'll be trying to diet quite soon. I've never been one to struggle with weight gain but the combination of my age (early 50's), gender, and being inactive currently, is causing podge. It must be dealt with soon. But I do love my food. :(

Bloody dogs. They love you unconditionally, they never answer back, they're always ready to be the 'class clown' to cheer you up. Then they bloody die on you. I've still not got over the loss of my last dog, and it's been almost 13 years. Won't get another one because I can't put myself through that again. .

I was thinking about Bob today. The black and white cocker. He was ostensibly my dog, but perhaps it more accurate to say I was his gofer. :D

Early on in his career I taught him to fetch. You know the rules, he sits down expectantly, stares at my face, tail wagging, I throw the ball, off he bounds, finds it and fetches it back and drops it at my feet, and the whole procedure starts again. This game kept us both amused for some months, but one day things changed. I followed the normal procedure, picked up the ball and shouted "fetch". He looked up at me, and then to where I'd thrown the ball, and then back at me. "Fetch!" Off he sauntered, not a run. Fetched the ball and dropped it my feet, and when I shouted "fetch" and threw, he sort of looked at me as if to say "What's the point ... you clearly don't want the bleedin' ball, I keep giving it to you and you keep throwing it away ..." and wandered off. That was the end of that.:)

Keep your pecker up girl, don't get grumpy!

I have told her that the diet is going to be the Colombe d'Or diet. That should reassure her! :)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Hello Sophia.

Do keep supporting your local butcher. We lost both of ours within a 6 month period. We're lucky to have an excellent Waitrose and a Booths supermarket about 15 miles away, the butchery counters are not up to the standard of the local butchers, but they're better than the other choices.

Laughing at your "iceberg wedge ;)" :D Mr L won't miss that one! I actually prefer Romaine lettuce but I do think he was rather harsh about the iceberg.

Hello:)

I do support my local butcher and other local shops too as much as l can....we are still lucky enough to have a village post office within the little co-op (l can already hear gasps from Luxury;)) but it's good enough for quick supplies!

My nearest Waitrose is also about 15 miles away, l do wish they would deliver here but not as yet, so l have to make do with Tesco for the basics and food shop in M&S which is 7 miles away.

I do love my iceberg wedges!! :D I try and be good in the week!

Sophia

I always think Monday's are rather a dull day, but it's so beautiful out again l am planning another afternoon in the garden.

Am opting for a bought in Korma for lunch with some Naan, mango chutney and onion, l may even throw in some fries :eek: Did l say l was always good during the week? ;)

Having completed my mornings work tis now time for a drop of the old Casa Blanco :D

Sophia

Good Morning Mary!

Got it! You're selling your unwanted stuff on line in Bermuda and people are buying?

Is there any specific food and other local things you'll miss when you return?

Jeff

There are so many things I'll miss - friends, the weather, American beef, restaurants (there are some really good ones that adapt to any request - I seldom eat starch and they will always substitute with green veg and salad), the fact that you seem to know everyone - I could go on and on......

One thing I won't miss is hurricanes LOL

M

No food pictures from Jeff could mean either he has stuffed himself so much over the past few days that he can't stand the sight of any more food or he has stuffed himself so much that he cannot get up from his bed to operate the computer.

I would not like to think that he has given himself food poisoning :D

Hope the diet goes well for you Jeff

Love Luxury

XX

Edited by Mr Luxury