Drink Package Advice Requested

Tarpeian Rock

As the OP, I just wanted to thank everyone for their input and advice. It was most helpful. We just contacted O and got the Prestige package @ $54.95 for our March cruise on Riviera. Bottoms up!

I am hoping for the same as a booked a 33 day cruise for April last October, and asked for the package but had not purchased it... Hope I can, like you, get the $55.95 rate.

Having reviewed the higher priced and smaller pours that Oceana is offering it only makes sense to buy a comprehensive package as Caroldoll pointed out..

Heck with 18% tip a double martini is likely to run close to $24.

Wine a $9.50 with tip So 2 wines and 2 maritnis is $67 !!! And that's not a lot of drinking

For what it is worth....I am just back today from a 12 day cruise on Marina. In my opinion, the drinks and wine are way over priced because the drinks, even though good high end brands, are a small pour. The wines by the glass are also overpriced for the pour and the quality served. Perrier Jouet is no longer in the package.

The prestige package would solve the liquor problem, but the wine is still not good and I am not a wine snob.:eek:

If drinks are your primary interest, definitely go for the premium package!

I wouldn't dream of arguing with barcrab. But a timid footnote might be that in addition to bringing wine aboard--if in London, a visit to Berry Bros& Rudd in St James, the city's most venerable wine store, is an excellent place to acquire some on board tipples--one can purchase three bottles from O at a 1/3 discount. This obviously doesn't improve the quality of the shipboard wine, but it does lower the cost.

I wouldn't dream of arguing with barcrab. But a timid footnote might be that in addition to bringing wine aboard--if in London, a visit to Berry Bros& Rudd in St James, the city's most venerable wine store, is an excellent place to acquire some on board tipples--one can purchase three bottles from O at a 1/3 discount. This obviously doesn't improve the quality of the shipboard wine, but it does lower the cost.

Are you sure about the Perrier Jouet Barcrab as this is the main reason my wife opts for the package

Do you mean small pours when you have the package or also when you don't?.....I don't like to keep on asking for a refill as if I am an alcoholic...

I believe that is the assertion about a drink you are not using the package. Since the drinks (wine or alcohol) are on the expensive side as well as not being generous, therefore the package becomes more attractive.

I might take the package if I could get a bottle of wine at dinner rather than one glass (at a time) of a few choices. I understand they are good choices, I'm not complaining about the quality of the wines being served with meals. I just want to pick my own wine is all.

Mura

Well, Perrier Jouet was NOT included in the package on Marina 7/29 sailing. It was a main consideration in our decision not to take the premium package. Our companions, who are also big champagne drinkers, did take the package with no Perrier Jouet by the glass. It is available for purchase by the bottle for ninety something a bottle (not reserve) or 64$ if you buy 3 bottles of discounted wines. It was the first question I asked when we boarded the ship!

I still say if wine and champagne are your primary drinks instead of liquors, you are better off bringing wine on board and pay corkage or buying the discounted wines on board. The wines by the glass are not very good. The servers are happy to bring bottles to bars and they can be moved to dining rooms or back to your room's wine locker.:o

Well, Perrier Jouet was NOT included in the package on Marina 7/29 sailing. It was a main consideration in our decision not to take the premium package. Our companions, who are also big champagne drinkers, did take the package with no Perrier Jouet by the glass. It is available for purchase by the bottle for ninety something a bottle (not reserve) or 64$ if you buy 3 bottles of discounted wines. It was the first question I asked when we boarded the ship!

I still say if wine and champagne are your primary drinks instead of liquors, you are better off bringing wine on board and pay corkage or buying the discounted wines on board. The wines by the glass are not very good. The servers are happy to bring bottles to bars and they can be moved to dining rooms or back to your room's wine locker.:o

YES, I am certain that Perrier Jouet is included in the Prestige Select Liquor Package per Valerie "Violet" Kranz, special services coordinator, Oceania Cruises.

So what's the deal with the different experiences? Is the PJ champagne included or not??? Does it depend on the location of the cruise perhaps???

Also, why the reference to "Prestige Select Liquor Package"/"Premium Package" if the wine selections (champagnes are wines) are, per this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1623425&page=7 the same for either of the beverage packages?:confused:

So what's the deal with the different experiences? Is the PJ champagne included or not???

Also, why the reference to "Prestige Select Liquor Package"/"Premium Package" if the wine selections (champagnes are wines) are, per this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1623425&page=7 the same for either of the beverage packages?:confused:

The Perrier-Jouët is included in both Beverage Packages, unfortunately there was for a time, a misunderstanding which led certain shipboard personnel to believe that it was excluded. This has now been rectified.

The Prestige Package was referenced in this thread, because presumably those passengers who book the Beverage Packages with an eye to enjoying Champagne during the Cruise will want to do so throughout the ship. Only the Prestige Package includes Service in the Lounges and Bars.

Thanks, just phoned Oceania and they confirmed that the champers is included, I also booked the package at $55

I enjoy a good belt or "squeeze" in the morning ( sterno and milk but only top shelf sterno) would that be included in the package

Archived