Shopping shuttles in Buenos Aires?

wwb

Hello,

Is anyone aware if the stores in Buenos Aires still offer the shuttles from th ship for shopping? If so, when was it and how often did they run?

Thank you,

Wendy

After posting my question to the board here, I also emailed H. Stern to see if they had a shopping shuttle. Her was my response from them:

Dear Wendy,

Yes, we do offer the shuttle bus every 30 minutes back and forward from the Cruise terminal to our store located in Florida Street 1001.

Usually, starts at 8.30 until 17h00.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case you need further asistance.

Best Regards!

Hector Bowen

Relaciones Públicas

I think that this is a great thing to know because not only can passengers visit their store, we can visit stores and the area nearby (hint hint) andnot have to deal with cabs and cab fares.

Wendy

Glad you got the answer.

I knew they had them in Rio but just could not remember Buenos Aires.

I am not big on the H Stern stopping unless someone has been to Buenos Aires or Rio many times and doesn't want to do touring.

Keith

Florida Street is a good stop, right smack in the Microcentro. Lots of shoppers, tourists, and men who want to change your money. I don't trust them. Parts of the street were ripped open for refurbishing in March 2013.

Lots of tourists and pick pockets on Florida street, most watching for non-Spanish speaking tourists. Florida Street can be fun, but be wary.

Argentina is known for its leather. While Florida Street is teeming with leather shops, two of the best options for higher quality leather goods are just off Florida....

Silvia and Mario on Marcelo T de Alvear, very near the H Stern shop....I am sure they can provide directions in the shop. http://www.silviaymario.com/en/

Casa Lopez is another high quality option. Their shop is located in the Galerias Pacifico Mall, on the corner of Florida and Cordoba. Pricey but very high quality and stylish. http://www.casalopez.com.ar/

I would tell you that pick pockets are anywhere not just Florida Street.

You should be extra careful wherever you go in Buenos Aires.

Leave jewelry on the ship and your passport or in your hotel room safe.

Use a travel wallet.

Don't pull out a wad of money out and just watch your possessions.

As to leather it's not the kind of buy it used to be in the cities.

Keith

I would tell you that pick pockets are anywhere not just Florida Street.

You should be extra careful wherever you go in Buenos Aires.

Leave jewelry on the ship and your passport or in your hotel room safe.

Use a travel wallet.

Don't pull out a wad of money out and just watch your possessions.

As to leather it's not the kind of buy it used to be in the cities.

Keith

Pickpockets may be everywhere but they are more prevalent in areas with lots of tourists, Florida street at or near the top of the list.

I agree that leather is not the bargain in used to be, a victim of high inflation. Prices are much better if you exchange dollars at the blue rate rather than using a credit card or dollars exchanged at the official rate.

Pickpockets may be everywhere but they are more prevalent in areas with lots of tourists, Florida street at or near the top of the list.

I agree that leather is not the bargain in used to be, a victim of high inflation. Prices are much better if you exchange dollars at the blue rate rather than using a credit card or dollars exchanged at the official rate.

Sorry there are now everywhere.

Locals have issues with them too.

Our son in law was born in Buenos Aires and his parents who lived there for many years go back there twice a year to visit the grand parents and it is a big issue in many areas. We were there again earlier this year (we have been there many times) and we were taken around by friends who have lived there their entire lives and they say the same.

Yes, tourists are going to be targets but the pick pockets are all over the city and one needs to keep up their guard.

Keith

Sorry there are now everywhere.

Locals have issues with them too.

Our son in law was born in Buenos Aires and his parents who lived there for many years go back there twice a year to visit the grand parents and it is a big issue in many areas. We were there again earlier this year (we have been there many times) and we were taken around by friends who have lived there their entire lives and they say the same.

Yes, tourists are going to be targets but the pick pockets are all over the city and one needs to keep up their guard.

Keith

No real disagreement. Just more of them in places with lots of tourists, and other places that attract crowds like the subway during rush hour. Personally, I have never had a problem with pickpockets but I tend to avoid crowds.

FWIW, we were in Barcelona not long ago and were warned by locals to keep an eye out for pickpockets. Argentina and Spain are both having economic problems, which may explain the rise in petty crime.

Absolutely. The problems in Argentina have been going on for 10+ years but have gotten even worse with the economy and with their current President.

The problems in Barcelona continue to be a big problem but has also spread to other cities which is too bad.

Keith

Archived