Customs process at Leam Chabang port

bobhsv

Reading that there have been some long delays getting off at this port re customs/passports.

If anyone has visited this port recently, would you mind explaining to me the process. What was the actual delay? Was it a general customs/port delay, or an issue with ship returning passports for us to take ashore? Does everyone have to take their passport ashore, even if returning that same day?

Thanks for any info on this. We are on Celebrity Millenium, and have a day tour booked to go into Bangkok, returning to ship late afternoon.

Reading that there have been some long delays getting off at this port re customs/passports.

If anyone has visited this port recently, would you mind explaining to me the process. What was the actual delay? Was it a general customs/port delay, or an issue with ship returning passports for us to take ashore? Does everyone have to take their passport ashore, even if returning that same day?

Thanks for any info on this. We are on Celebrity Millenium, and have a day tour booked to go into Bangkok, returning to ship late afternoon.

We were on Celebrity in March 2013 and we did not have any delay. I think Celebrity has worked out the problems they had earlier.

I've not heard of any delays as a port-of-call, might be different if a cruise ends there.

If the ship is only there for the day, so be it.

But if overniting in port I'd urge you to have a tour which finishes much much later, perhaps back at the ship late evening, or even consider overniting in a city hotel if your ship sails late afternoon next day.

There's lots to see & lots to soak-up, and journey time is a bare minimum of 90 minutes each way so your short day in the city really isn't long enough

Just MHO

JB :)

If you are visiting for the day you should not need to take your passport with you. Please be aware that requirements do change at many ports so you will just have to wait until you arrive there. If you are just stopping for the day or an overnight we have not had any problems nor have I heard of any.

Keith

Archived