Sail away party

Lauranne

We would like to have the rest of our group to our stateroom (Neptune Suite) for sail away. It would be great to have a few snackies/appies around to munch on. What is available and how do you arrange this?

Thanks.

We would like to have the rest of our group to our stateroom (Neptune Suite) for sail away. It would be great to have a few snackies/appies around to munch on. What is available and how do you arrange this?

Thanks.

how many people are you having?

You can always grab some munchies from the Neptune Lounge and the Lido if you are so inclined.

You can also order special hors' d'hoeuvres at a cost for delivery to your cabin.

I think you just call shipboard services for that.

The problem with embarkation day is that they are so busy there are not the same options always as the other days (which are free).

On a sail a way day, people will be happy to have a drink and be excited about being onboard and saying good bye. I am sure they will appreciate any effort you make.

Have fun:D

Embarkation day is hectic for the crew -- luggage to be delivered, etc.

Since your ship leaves at 4 PM, lifeboat drill will be at 3:15. You are going to have a hard time finding a lot of choices in the Lido. It closes down for lifeboat drill, then they start to prep it for the evening buffet. There might be some cookies and sandwiches.

Most times the concierges in the Neptune Lounge are not able to get you a lot of snacks either on embarkation day.

We will be a group of 12 and we do have Pinnacle reservations at 6 so a few things from the NL may be all that is needed.

Yes, you just need a little bit. You could get some cheese and crackers from the Lido at lunch time and keep it in your fridge and/or just help yourself to a few munchies from the NL. You don't need the concierges for that.

If you're eating at 6, cheese would probably be adequate as you don't want people full before a PG dinner:D

Thank you for your information/suggestions. I think that I will try to round up a bit of this or that and perhaps bring a few snacks on board. It will be wonderful being together and watching sail away form our verandah.

We scheduled our sail away gathering for the departure from Stockholm, cruising the Swedish archipelago . I had arranged the day before with Jen ( NL concierge on the Rotterdam) to deliver hot and cold hor d'oeuvres for a party of five. The gentlemen ordered a pail of beer, and the ladies enjoyed wine from our own supply. We enjoyed every moment of this sail away, and didn't leave the balcony until the sun was setting. We had a couple of pre dinner gatherings while on this Baltic itinerary , and as long as the order is made in the early morning, at the latest , your orders are arrived out in grand style.

Marilyn

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived