FREE drink coupon ??

Boozebabe

When we sailed on the Breeze in May we each recieved a coupon in our cabin for a free drink at the Comedy Club Brunch. Was that a one time thing or do they do that for past guests, or whats the deal? I don't remember why we got that coupon. Does anyone know?

Yes, it is for all past guests. Must be used during breakfast or brunch or lunch in the main dining room.

We got two beers during brunch... and asked them not to remove cap. Saved for later.

Catrin

Are the drink coupons for soda only or is wine included?

So true. DW and I just go to main dining room at lunch, tell them we just want to redeem our "free drink" coupon, and take the drink to go. It is free, so why pass it up, just because I can't redeem at any bar.

Do they still have the past guest reception in the main auditorium or has this replaced it?

There is still a past guest party on all cruises 5 days and longer for Gold, Platinum, and Diamond guests.

The drink coupon is given to ALL past guests. (Red, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond.)

Do they still have the past guest reception in the main auditorium or has this replaced it?

I see that you've had 3 past cruises & are sailing the end of August, but I don't know how many days you've sailed.

To reach Gold status you have to have at least 25 days sailed. However, on your upcoming cruise if you reach 25 days while on that cruise, you are given gold status at the beginning of your cruise.

A bit of recent history...

When they did away with the captain's cocktail party, they started having a fun farewell party as a replacement.

The fun farewell had live music, many drinks and some decent snacky foods.

It was actually fun and one of my favorite things on the ship.

Anyway, for whatever reason, they eliminated the fun farewell party and started giving a coupon as a replacement.

So, yeah it is a free drink, but it is a big downgrade.

The past guest party is a whole other story.

Do they still have it?

Well, it kind of depends on how many cruises you have done.

We got them on our trip last week. We never made it to the comedy brunch, so I didn't use mine. DH was allowed to use his for a specialty coffee in the evening during sea day. Every past guest gets one. And I don't like the restriction. It's only one drink. Should be allowed to use it anywhere.

On our most recent cruise in February on the Magic they had a table set up outside of the dining room for breakfast and lunch that we just walked up to and handed them our coupon and they gave us whatever drink we wanted. We only eat in the dining room for dinner but this way we were still able to get our free drink without having to go sit down for lunch or breakfast. Worked perfect!

So the coupon is good for any drink (soda, mixed drink, etc) during any breakfast/brunch/lunch in the MDR? Not just the Punchliner Comedy Club brunch?

Right. Our ship doesn't have brunch but we can use them for mimosa or bloody Mary's in the morning or a coffee or a piña colada or daiquiri or can of soda for lunch on a sea day. .

We were on the Fascination in July. So many people lined up to use them during lunch on the last sea day, that they allowed people to use them in the piano or atrium bar. Don't know how often that happens, but it's silly that it's not automatically the case.

I got one on my second cruise and just went to dining room and took my drink to go..it was fabulous.

So, I'm booked for my next cruise and it is showing I'm red right now but I'm understanding when I get to ship my card will be gold?is this correct? With this coming sailing, I will be at 26 days.

Also will I get a free drink coupon or just the gold party or both?

It will be my hubby's second therefore he will be red. Will he get to come to the gold party with me or just me?

Thanks!

I see that you've had 3 past cruises & are sailing the end of August, but I don't know how many days you've sailed.

To reach Gold status you have to have at least 25 days sailed. However, on your upcoming cruise if you reach 25 days while on that cruise, you are given gold status at the beginning of your cruise.

We've had a five day and two seven days. The upcoming trip will also be a seven day making it a total of 26 days. However, we received gold sign and sail cards on our second cruise so I took that to mean that we were considered gold. We also were invited to the past guests' reception on the second cruise.

We were on the Fascination in July. So many people lined up to use them during lunch on the last sea day, that they allowed people to use them in the piano or atrium bar. Don't know how often that happens, but it's silly that it's not automatically the case.

Last 2 times on Fascination, MDR staff directed us to Piano Bar to redeem the coupons. Was told this is their normal policy if not eating in MDR.

We've had a five day and two seven days. The upcoming trip will also be a seven day making it a total of 26 days. However, we received gold sign and sail cards on our second cruise so I took that to mean that we were considered gold. We also were invited to the past guests' reception on the second cruise.

Your status was rated differently when you took the prior cruises. Now it is based on days sailed, not # of cruises. With the upcoming cruise making 26 days, your status will be gold, getting you the free drink coupon and invite to past guest party.

We are Gold and have never gotten a free drink coupon. If we don't get one on our upcoming cruise is there someone on board I can ask about it? Maybe at Guest Services? I thought when we became Gold we were supposed to get the coupons.

Archived