Mercury Christmas panama canal

chrismch

We're thinking of booking this cruise but our travel agent said there could be a number of kids running amok. On all past cruise lines, I've never seen many children except when I've accidentally ended up by their play rooms. However, is it more families at Christmas? I'd like some feedback from past Christmas cruisers. Also, would probably want to book concierge class - what has been like for others? Would my butler do quick clothes pressing or is that an extra charge? Would there be a problem with hurricanes in December? Or is that season over? What should we expect for weather? :rolleyes:

We're thinking of booking this cruise but our travel agent said there could be a number of kids running amok. On all past cruise lines, I've never seen many children except when I've accidentally ended up by their play rooms. However, is it more families at Christmas? I'd like some feedback from past Christmas cruisers. Also, would probably want to book concierge class - what has been like for others? Would my butler do quick clothes pressing or is that an extra charge? Would there be a problem with hurricanes in December? Or is that season over? What should we expect for weather? :rolleyes:

We also were looking at the Mercury over Christmas (16 day trip during 06-07) but we ended up booking something else for that time.

You will see more families on Christmas for any given itinerary.

Concierge Class does not have butler service, but the suites do.

Hurricane season stretches into November but not December.

We were on the New Years cruise last year. there were a decent number of kids, but they hide them well. One thing you will find with the longer cruises is less kids. So you will find far fewer kids on the Panama Canal cruise than you would a 7 day cruise.

Go have fun. The Mercury is a great ship, one of my favorites.

My husband and I have cruised 3 times over the holidays and #4 will be this year. I noticed there are less kids on a 10 and 14 day cruises. We had more kids on the 7 day cruise we were on. My husband and I have 34 nieces and nephews and 13 great nieces and nephews:eek: We actively avoid the kids on ship. Well I don't mind the older teens or real little kids it's the in between 8-14 that are the problem- and parents don't parent. WE try to go to the smaller pool between 12-2, or the adults only pool that RCCL has. It generally isn't too bad. We only can get away at Christmas/New Years since we both work in different school districts and can't get away during the cold MN winter except during this time. A longer cruise generally means less kids. That's what I've noticed.

Do you mean the Galaxy? Not sure the Mercury is doing a Panama Canal cruise during the holidays? My wife and I will be on this cruise. We have been cruising over the holidays for the past several years and the number of children increases a bit, mostly teenagers. Because it is a 12 day cruise, this will limit the number of kids, especially younger children.

Do you mean the Galaxy? Not sure the Mercury is doing a Panama Canal cruise during the holidays? My wife and I will be on this cruise. We have been cruising over the holidays for the past several years and the number of children increases a bit, mostly teenagers. Because it is a 12 day cruise, this will limit the number of kids, especially younger children.

Not sure if this is what was being discussed originally but Mercury is doing a Trans-Canal cruise during the 2006 Christmas holidays. 16 days starting on 12/23/06.

Not sure if this is what was being discussed originally but Mercury is doing a Trans-Canal cruise during the 2006 Christmas holidays. 16 days starting on 12/23/06.

mahdnc,

Thanks! I just assumed we were talking about Dec 2005. Didn't realize the schedule was open for Dec 2006. I will check it out,

Enjoy!

Kel

Archived