Balmoral cruise to carribean Questions

c gazzzer

Have a few questions to ask about travelling to the carribean on the Balmoral, It's 32 days long and was wondering which evening sitting are best, 1st or 2nd, how many evening dress nights there could be. Will we know which guest artists will be on board before we sail and what kind of day time entertainment will there be, IE dance classes, arts and crafts, golf putting etc. Many thanks....

Have a few questions to ask about travelling to the carribean on the Balmoral, It's 32 days long and was wondering which evening sitting are best, 1st or 2nd, how many evening dress nights there could be. Will we know which guest artists will be on board before we sail and what kind of day time entertainment will there be, IE dance classes, arts and crafts, golf putting etc. Many thanks....

You and I could be talking here until 11th November Gazzer. We have sailed with Fred twice before and there are always quizzes, dance classes and the usual deck games and often bridge games and instruction. Go to the Fred Olsen site and look at the drop down 'on board experience' for more details. They have theme nights and usually a couple of formal nights a week. More details will follow with the booking details. Pirates and red white and blue nights I do remember.

When I booked a couple of days ago I was told we were an, "Anchor" booking so couldn't choose our cabin or sitting times for evening meal and they would be allocated. I see that those who have elected for the all inclusive will be seated together, probably to make it easier to serve and monitor.

We have two friends who will be aboard so it may yet be a bit crowded. :D

There is no right answer as to which sitting is 'best' it just depends on your preference.

If you like to relax with a couple of drinks before dinner then 2nd sitting may be better, but it will leave you staying up later if you want to socialize after catching the 2nd run of the show in the evening.

If you prefer to have dinner then go down to catch the first show of the evening, before spending time at the other evening events or relaxing in one of the bars/lounges then the first sitting may suit you better.

Personally we prefer 1st sitting but I know others prefer 2nd, which is just as well really :)

Although, on a cruise with a lot of sea days and no reason to be up early in the morning we might be tempted to go for the 2nd sitting I suspect.

Regarding the entertainers, you do not usually know who is on-board before you get there.

There are exceptions if the cruise is 'themed' in some way, but even then you will probably only know about the main people related to the theme and not the rest of the entertainers.

This doesn't usually bother us though as in the nicest possible way, we wouldn't book a FO cruise on the basis of the entertainers :)

• 2 months later...

I have found out that there is 5 formal nights and 4 others "Britsh, Nautical, Tropical and rock and Roll" hoping that these are as good as they sound but won't be taking special out fits, just think I'll find some thing and improvise on the day for the night..

I have found out that there is 5 formal nights and 4 others "Britsh, Nautical, Tropical and rock and Roll" hoping that these are as good as they sound but won't be taking special out fits, just think I'll find some thing and improvise on the day for the night..

You'll be with the majority in that case.

Some do go to a lot of effort for each different night, but for most it will be a token gesture if anything at all, so you will not feel at all pressured to dress up for the theme nights.

Observance of the formal nights is the other way around though, the vast majority will be dressed appropriately.

Archived