Gastric Bypass Surgery and eating on the ship!

jen1016

I've taken many cruises since my surgery in August and have lost weight on all of them. I chose my foods wisely and like I already reported, my stomach tells me when to stop. I love the variety available. I don't keep much food at home since I don't usually want the same thing more than once so I have ordered a few things and then just have a little bit of this and that. When the waiters ask if I didn't like something I always tell them it was delicious but that's all I can eat. Most times I leave before dessert unless I can get berries or some other fruit. Occasionally I'll order something sugar-free but half the times I have a forkful and then leave the rest over. Everything's been prepared in advance so I'm not concerned with wasting it. It would go to the fishies anyway. I never touch alcohol (heard too many bad stories about weight loss surgery grads who developed drinking problems afterwards) and I try to be as active as possible. Try to swim a lot and walk (although my arthritic knees keep me from doing much of that). I found that I can go on cruises and not make food the center. I found that the surgery changed the way I think of food. Not that I hate eating but eating is just something I need to do. It used to be my favorite pastime but no longer. It was worth giving it up to be 60% of my former size and clothes shopping is fun now instead of torture.