Bringing a Power Strip On Board

Singer4Him

We also bring a power strip (my husband is also on a Cpap machine just make sure there is no frill ends bc they will take it I would buy a new one if I were you and just keep it in it's original pkg hope this helps

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've read that they are less likely to confiscate your extension cord or power strip if you pack it in the bag with the cpap.

On the Victory, the plug in our room was a good 12 feet from the bedside. We brought a power strip with a 6 foot cord. My husband would have had to sleep with his head at the foot of the bed to make it work. Our room steward happily brought us an extension cord.

We did wind up the cord each morning, so our cabin steward wouldn't trip or have to mess with it to clean the cabin.

We also bring a power strip (my husband is also on a Cpap machine just make sure there is no frill ends bc they will take it I would buy a new one if I were you and just keep it in it's original pkg hope this helps

Unfortunately, the original package is long gone! He had planned on packing the cord with the rest of the C-PAP equipment. Not sure if he will carry it on or send it through with the rest of the luggage. Is one way better than the other?

I contacted Special Need's with Carnival. They noted on my booking that I had a power strip for medical reason's, and also asked if I needed distilled water. No problem . ;)

Thanks for the info! How do I go about contacting them?

We bring a power strip and 2 25-ft extension cords. The power outlet is in the furthest corner from the bed. We run the 2 cords up each side of the bed for our oscillating fan and phone chargers and phones that we use as clocks. We just put it all in the luggage. I'm not sure the power strip thing is enforced. I once had a bottle of champagne removed from my luggage (wife didn't know the rule about putting it in your carryon) and had to go pick it up on the last day of the cruise. They had all confiscated items spread out on the floor. I saw many things, but no power strips or extension cords.

A power cord is NOT a prohibited item per Carnival's FAQ, however I lost one this past July on our Miracle cruise to Alaska. We had three cabins booked and I had a new power cord still in the original packaging in checked luggage for each cabin. One was confiscated with a note about a prohibited item being removed from the luggage. The other two made it to the rooms. I could have argued the point but didn't bother. So my suggestion is to place it in your carry on luggage with the C-PAP. Happy cruising.....

I use an extension cord with a 3 plug end for my CPAP. It pack it with my CPAP which I carry on board along with my carry on. Personally, I don't trust the baggage handlers to get my CPAP on board without damaging it. I have only had luggage damaged once on Carnival, and it was minor, but I won't trust them with my CPAP or my cameras.

I also take a Belkin 3 outlet travel adapter in my carry on. I have never had any problems getting any of this through security in my carry on.

I also carry my power strip in the bag with my CPAP. They have never questioned me about it. It has 6 plugs and the cord is 9 feet long. It's essential for my CPAP but I also use it for charging phones, cameras and computers.

I've read that they are less likely to confiscate your extension cord or power strip if you pack it in the bag with the cpap.

Huh? I travel with an oxygen concentrator and I contacted Special Needs. They told me to be sure to bring an extension cord as the outlet is not near the bed. Why would they tell me to bring one and then confiscate it?

My husband uses a C-PAP at night. Will we be allowed to bring a power strip so that he can have it close to the bed at night?

They only say that they need to be in good repair and totally understand that lots of people need CPAP. Make sure you bring a good one as they are always worried about shorts and fire.

Thanks for the info! How do I go about contacting them?

I, just called the 1-800 # and asked for special need's dept.

As, other's have said, I was advised to carry-on the C-Pap, Machine with the power cord in the bag.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

There have been report's of some power cord's being confiscated. I guess it depend's on who is doing the security check's. Right, wrong not sure. :rolleyes:

From Carnival's FAQ

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devises are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

specialneeds@carnival.com

Huh? I travel with an oxygen concentrator and I contacted Special Needs. They told me to be sure to bring an extension cord as the outlet is not near the bed. Why would they tell me to bring one and then confiscate it?

if they feel the extention cord or power strip is unsafe they will confiscate it. it is not prohibited so thats why they told you that you can bring it but they still have an obgligation to keep all the passengers safe so if its frayed or damaged or if the person inspecting it thinks its unsafe, it will be confiscated.

When we cruised the Spirit from Vancouver to Hawaii last year his power cord and power strip were both confiscated and we had to go to purser's desk to have another one sent to the room. We actually got them back at end of cruise though. That is the only port we have had problems with it. We keep them both in with the Cpap and carry it on.

Archived