Boarding the POA time?

cruisinmeme

Check in begins as early as 10:30, however boarding is around noon and your room will not be ready until after one. We are planning to get on the boat around 2 or so but there are folks who do get on as early as noon and some who do not board until 5. DH likes to get on and check out the boat, while I prefer to check out Oahu as we will be spending 7 days on the boat, so we compromise. :D

In July of this year, 2013 ... we arrived at the pier at 11:30, the porter took our bags and me to the security for check on bags...then I joined the rest of our party at the security line for a 12 noon check in. Was inside the building by 12:15, and on the ship by 12:30.

There are people in line when I leave. :) I just shake my head, this would be the biggest waste of time for me. I never bother getting on the ship until late afternoon/early evening. I have day touring to "worry" about. :) :) :) I'm on cruise 82 next week and don't get much from "exploring" the ship etc. nor are interested in it. Everyone is different- determine what your priority is? And then make the plans to do it. :)

Thanks for all the info. Sounds like you can board as early as we are use to doing on other cruises. We plan to go with letting ncl make our arrangements ( flight and hotel) and plan to do a day before cruise and two days after cruise.

We spent the day enjoying the island and then boarded around 4pm-ish. Just a quick note about later boarding: they may be out of leis when you arrive, if that matters to you. They did scrounge up a couple for us, but only because we asked.

Archived