Inside cabins

Lovely other

Yes, absolutely vital - a flashlight and a battery-powered clock with a dial you can light up! A tiny bit of light will come under the door, but that won't help you in the middle of the night if you're thinking it must be time for breakfast! Now I wouldn't travel without my little travel alarm ever. DH has one, too but I must know what time it is if I wake up confused....:)

My last 2 cruises i was so rested. Insides are a blessing, sometimes i really need one.

...I'm wondering if the bathroom/shower size are the same throughout the cabin class?

With the exception of the Prinsendam, which doesn't follow any of the HAL designs, every inside bathroom in the "large" insides has been the same as to size, regardless of class of ship or configuration of cabin.

I've never seen the bathrooms in a "standard" inside, so don't know if they are the same. Sorry; I wish I could help there.

The "large" insides all have a sink/vanity where the tub would be in an outside cabin, so there is a lot of vanity and under-vanity space.

The shower is where the sink would be in an outside, so is large enough, with an area that angles out to make it larger.

With the exception of the Prinsendam, which doesn't follow any of the HAL designs, every inside bathroom in the "large" insides has been the same as to size, regardless of class of ship or configuration of cabin.

I've never seen the bathrooms in a "standard" inside, so don't know if they are the same. Sorry; I wish I could help there.

No worries; maybe I'll find out for myself one day. Thanks for the information on the "large" insides.

Hi

I booked a k on the Amsterdam it was a excellent cabin. I was in cabin K2604 main deck. I was larger than the cabin I had on Amsterdam in 2012 with window on Promede Deck ( I was upgraded)

you will love the cabin bring a flash light

Mary

Hi

I booked a k on the Amsterdam it was a excellent cabin. I was in cabin K2604 main deck. I was larger than the cabin I had on Amsterdam in 2012 with window on Promede Deck ( I was upgraded)

you will love the cabin bring a flash light

Mary

We have actually blacked out our bedroom windows because I can't sleep with light in the room LOL. We literally took blackout curtains, cut them to fit our window and then taped it to the window. Then we have blinds and curtains. LOL

I think on our last cruise we used our cell phones as our alarm clocks and kept them on the table next to the bed.

Thanks again for all your advice. I'm one of those people who over thinks everything :rolleyes:

I don't think it's the size so much as just the lack of window. I live in the middle of a national park , I like a view. Unfortunately cutting back to afford a better cabin wouldn't happen, I've nothing left to cut back. I lost my job after a prolonged illness and my poor husband is working all hours at the other end of the country, only coming home every other weekend so he can pay for everything ...I feel guilty moaning about the cabin now :(

Anyway it'll be fine, I'm just being silly. I'm not one for spending hours indoors anyway and if all else fails a friend suggested a whiskey up on deck before bed. In her mind the alcohol and sea air would make me nod off and hubby can carry me off to bed ...just picturing my husband trying to carry me, it'd be a funny sight for all.

Totally not silly. No matter what, your cabin will be a wonderful place for you to shower and sleep. The rest of the time you'll be out and about, enjoying the ship or the ports. I do like to take a little reading light to clip onto my Kindle or a ship's library book, and then it is easy to turn it off when the book hits my head too many times. Have a beautiful cruise. The Noordam is one of my favorites.

BTW, DH and I just got back from a couple of months in Alaska in a motorhome, and now I can really see the beauty of an inside cabin where it's dark.

• 4 weeks later...
Next time try a K-cabin on Main. It's the same size as the J-cabins on Main, but under the dining room. That should be quiet enough for sleeping. It's a few dollars less expensive, too! :D

We are booked in a Main deck, aft K cabin on the Noordam for a December southern Caribbean trip and from RuthC's comments it sounds like a great choice. We generally try to get a cabin more midship due to motion issues but there weren't any available when we booked. I was thinking of upgrading to an I on deck 6 for a bit more money since they are midship but I'm not sure it's worth it based on comments I've read.

I have a question for those that have stayed in this area before. On the deck plan I see there are non-stateroom areas right around our room, any ideas what those areas are?

I have a question for those that have stayed in this area before. On the deck plan I see there are non-stateroom areas right around our room, any ideas what those areas are?

Those look to be cabins off an interior passageway. If so, they would be for staff, or possibly lower level officers.

We have taken thirty cruises, twenty eight of them booked as inside cabins. We have a lot of happy memories that would not have been possible using higher priced staterooms. We enjoyed it so much, I would have been willing to sleep on the couch, just let me aboard any of the R or S class ships. Bon Voyage.:D

Those look to be cabins off an interior passageway. If so, they would be for staff, or possibly lower level officers.

Thanks. They looked like cabins and I thought it might be crew but thought I would check in case anyone knew for sure. I'm thinking they'll be pretty quiet neighbors.

We are booked in a Main deck, aft K cabin on the Noordam for a December southern Caribbean trip and from RuthC's comments it sounds like a great choice. We generally try to get a cabin more midship due to motion issues but there weren't any available when we booked. I was thinking of upgrading to an I on deck 6 for a bit more money since they are midship but I'm not sure it's worth it based on comments I've read.

2011 Noordam Christmas cruise, we stayed in those cabins (DS had connecting cabin next door). Plenty of room. Now we book nothing but those afts. This past April aboard Eurodam, DS & friend shared 1st inside on starboard side aft and we had only inside aft cabin on port side. Loved it even more. Supposedly kitchen was above us, but we never heard any noise at all.

2011 Noordam Christmas cruise, we stayed in those cabins (DS had connecting cabin next door). Plenty of room. Now we book nothing but those afts. This past April aboard Eurodam, DS & friend shared 1st inside on starboard side aft and we had only inside aft cabin on port side. Loved it even more. Supposedly kitchen was above us, but we never heard any noise at all.

Thanks sevenseasnomad. Do you know for sure whether all of the other unmarked cabins for crew as Ruthc suggested? We are on the end of the group of three rooms with a connecting door to the middle room. We are traveling by ourselves so the connecting room is by accident and I'm just hoping we don't have noise issues (not had a connecting room on a cruise before). It looks like the room is under the lower level of the Vista so it should be quiet overnight when we're trying to sleep. The more I read and think about it, the more I think we'll really like this cabin. We haven't done that many cruises but we always book cheaper rooms on the inside or a fully obstructed oceanview. We aren't in the room very much except to sleep so we just save the mondy to use for other expenses on the trip or on other travel. We use the same logic on our land based vacations as well.

Archived