M Class Aqua Class Balcony Size?

lovestx

I can't seem to find any information about the size of the AQ balconies on the M Class ships so am posting this new thread.

We are considering a cruise to the Baltics in 2014 on the Connie. We sailed the Connie in CC before her retrofitting that added Aqua Class and Blu. And we sailed AQ on the Equinox and loved it. So we would like to be in an AQ cabin on Connie. I am trying to figure out if the balconies on Deck 11 are comparable in size to those AQ balconies on Deck 9 (which I assume are the same size as the CC balconies we have previously experienced). I understand that the overhangs are very different between the two decks so that will also factor into our decision.

I do not believe that any of the aft cabins are available on our cruise so that's out of the question.

Thanks to any who can help with this information.

Non Aft are small and have almost no overhang. The 5 true Aft have much larger balconies with both shade and sun. Check 1133, 1130, 1138, 1140 or 1141. Keep checking back, as they get snatched up early, then cancellations occur. I have one on my next 2 sailings because I hawked the website each day until I found cancellations. Book a mock sailing, click AQ, then enter one of the stateroom numbers. You will never find these 5 listed as an offering, you have to request specifically. There is a thread with great photos, search 'Mr. Julius' on this Celebrity thread and you will find a ton of info and pictures! This guy did his homework and shared it with the rest of us! Good luck, and I hope this helps!!

We were recently on the Summit in Aqua class on deck 9. All of the balconies on this deck are fully covered by the overhang. We had cabin 9090 and the balcony was fairly small.

The aft Aqua class on deck 11 are mostly uncovered, but the balconies are larger.

I can't seem to find any information about the size of the AQ balconies on the M Class ships so am posting this new thread.

We are considering a cruise to the Baltics in 2014 on the Connie. We sailed the Connie in CC before her retrofitting that added Aqua Class and Blu. And we sailed AQ on the Equinox and loved it. So we would like to be in an AQ cabin on Connie. I am trying to figure out if the balconies on Deck 11 are comparable in size to those AQ balconies on Deck 9 (which I assume are the same size as the CC balconies we have previously experienced). I understand that the overhangs are very different between the two decks so that will also factor into our decision.

I do not believe that any of the aft cabins are available on our cruise so that's out of the question.

Thanks to any who can help with this information.

According to the website and the brochures, all Aqua class balconies are 54 sq. ft. no matter which deck they are on. Of course, those aft cabins are an exception.

Hi,

Check out the pic in Post#7 of this thread...it shows the side AQ balconies on Deck 11...it was taken during the addition of the cabins/balconies one of the M Class ships...but still gives a good view...including the almost complete lack of overhang etc

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1586311&referrerid=422315

Woody

Thanks, all, for the quick responses. Still wish I could see a photo of the Deck 11 side balconies with furniture on them. Doesn't look like they are 54 sq.ft. (more precisely, they don't look as large as the other AQ balconies) but maybe they are wider than usual and just shorter.

The overhang is a big issue. Frankly don't like the looks of either the really wide one on Deck 9 or the narrow ones on Deck 11. On a Baltic cruise, sun would be nice during the day but a large overhang might be nice for blocking the VERY early sunrise.

I would welcome other thoughts, especially from those who may have been in different AQ cabins on Connie.

Thanks, all, for the quick responses. Still wish I could see a photo of the Deck 11 side balconies with furniture on them. Doesn't look like they are 54 sq.ft. (more precisely, they don't look as large as the other AQ balconies) but maybe they are wider than usual and just shorter.

The overhang is a big issue. Frankly don't like the looks of either the really wide one on Deck 9 or the narrow ones on Deck 11. On a Baltic cruise, sun would be nice during the day but a large overhang might be nice for blocking the VERY early sunrise.

I would welcome other thoughts, especially from those who may have been in different AQ cabins on Connie.

The new AQ balconies on the side are miniscule and have no overhang. And no footstools. There isn't room for them.

Thank you for speedy reply. With the large overhang on deck 9 and the tiny balcony/no footstool on deck 11, aqua cabins don't look too enticing. No wonder most of the CC cabins have been sold leaving many aqua on our Millenium cruise

The new AQ balconies on the side are miniscule and have no overhang. And no footstools. There isn't room for them.

Thanks, Linda. So even though the website (that awful website...!) says that AQ cabins have 54 sq ft. balconies, they are much smaller than most. Did you stay in one of those cabins? Would you have preferred the Deck 9 ones?

I really want Blu but we may save ourselves some money and go with Deck 9. Guessing we won't spend too much time on our balcony on a Baltics cruise in June...

Thanks, Linda. So even though the website (that awful website...!) says that AQ cabins have 54 sq ft. balconies, they are much smaller than most. Did you stay in one of those cabins? Would you have preferred the Deck 9 ones?

I really want Blu but we may save ourselves some money and go with Deck 9. Guessing we won't spend too much time on our balcony on a Baltics cruise in June...

I did. Was in cabin 1119 on the Infinity. The only benefit to that cabin was Blu. We never got the AQ amenities we were supposed to get and our cabin steward wasn't even into bringing us ice.

I would not have taken one of the deck 9 AQ cabins, not a fan of the overhang on those cabins. Never booked them when they were concierge and no reason to start now.

I did. Was in cabin 1119 on the Infinity. The only benefit to that cabin was Blu. We never got the AQ amenities we were supposed to get and our cabin steward wasn't even into bringing us ice.

I would not have taken one of the deck 9 AQ cabins, not a fan of the overhang on those cabins. Never booked them when they were concierge and no reason to start now.

Thanks for your candor, Linda. That overhang on Deck 9 is daunting for sure! Really wished that there was an S class cruise that would work with our limited timing but not sure we have found one that does (the Eclipse Baltic cruise is significantly more expensive than this one and this one is significcantly more expensive than our Equinox Eastern Med was.

The only AQ amenity I really care about is Blu. And I liked the bathrobes!

There are some photos of cabin 1100 on this thread (about 1/2 way down the page).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1580616&page=3

Very helpful to see those pics (also loved reading her trip report that included my beloved St. Croix--hence my screen name!). The balcony looks very similar to what I remember from our last two cruises minus the footrests.

so the conundrum continues!

Have sailed in the centre aft cabin 1140 and absolutely LOVED it. I'd also be happy with one of the angled balconies on either side of it....but don't think I'd want either one on the ends (too exposed to the deck below). 1140 is definitely the very best AQ on the M Class - if you can get it -- GRAB IT.

Thanks for your candor, Linda. That overhang on Deck 9 is daunting for sure! Really wished that there was an S class cruise that would work with our limited timing but not sure we have found one that does (the Eclipse Baltic cruise is significantly more expensive than this one and this one is significcantly more expensive than our Equinox Eastern Med was.

The only AQ amenity I really care about is Blu. And I liked the bathrobes!

I don't know what the pricing is like on your cruise, but have you looked at CC cabins? If you want a nice balcony, CC1 is the way to go (if any are available). Check out the one in my screen name.

Archived