Celebrity Credit Card

Reba 954

Just off the phone with the RCCL Royal Rewards dept, starting 8-30-2013 points on any RCCL/Celebrity credit card can be redemed for use on any of their 3 lines. We have a bunch of points on our RCCL card and do not need to get the Celebrity credit card. Same as before, 2X points spent on any RCCL product.

Just off the phone with the RCCL Royal Rewards dept, starting 8-30-2013 points on any RCCL/Celebrity credit card can be redemed for use on any of their 3 lines. We have a bunch of points on our RCCL card and do not need to get the Celebrity credit card. Same as before, 2X points spent on any RCCL product.

I did get the new Celebrity Credit Card today and it had an offer of 10,000 bonus point worth $100.00 dollars. Couldn't pass that up. Will only use it to book cruises and onboard expenses. :D I missed the old X card.

With the Celebrity Credit card, you can actually receive additional onboard benefits that you cannot receive with your Royal card such as discounts on Specialty Dining, Beverage Packages, and Shore Excursions. These benefits are only available with the Celebrity Credit card and on a Celebrity cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1900488

Here's a related link about BOA points now good on X...

we are still holding the useless Celeb BOA card but use the BOA Royal one too b/c as we cruise w/ them as well! We like getting the ship bd credit even though it may not be the best deal..

I received a one page notification yesterday from BofA that our

(RCCL) "BankAmericard Rewards CC rewards options are changing" as of October 2013.

In the past I had the Celebrity old card but also gave it up when they changed the reward program. Instead I've been using the RCCL card. From reading this forum it sounds like there is a new Celebrity card very similar to the old one. I guess I should be interested. However, as someone said there are other cards out there like Discover and AmEx that give percents back and might work better for some of us. I just might cash in all the awards on this RCCL card and use one of the above ones instead.

I never received the letter (13 pages) from RCCL about the program change. I guess you have to go on their site to see it.

As for redemption, does anyone know how complicated it is and if you have found it to be easy or a "pain in the neck" to do?

Peg

With the Celebrity Credit card, you can actually receive additional onboard benefits that you cannot receive with your Royal card such as discounts on Specialty Dining, Beverage Packages, and Shore Excursions. These benefits are only available with the Celebrity Credit card and on a Celebrity cruise.

Would you be able to share what the potential discounts may be for these onboard items for an X card holder?

Hi Everyone,

There are two Celebrity visa credit card offers. One with no annual fee, and the other one that costs $69 a year. I copied this off of their offer page. If you are interested in the Royal Caribbean or Azamara card, they offer slightly different benefits, but the reward redemptions on the points earned appear to be the same. Hope this is helpful. If you already have the Royal Caribbean card, you can apply your points between the three brands, you just don't earn any bonus points for getting a new credit card. The $69 dollar fee card does waive the foreign transaction fee which is usually 3 percent on most credit cards.

Choose between two great credit cards to earn points and other exclusive vacation benefits. We'll get you started with a 10,000 bonus points offer redeemable for a $100 onboard credit*

visa-platinum.jpgCelebrity Visa Signature Card Premium

Earn 2 MyCruiseSM points for every $1 spent on purchases on Celebrity and our sister cruise lines, Royal Caribbean International® and Azamara Club Cruises®

• Earn 1 MyCruiseSM Point for every $1 spent on all other purchases with your card
  • 10,000 bonus points after your first qualifying transaction* Plus
  • Two-for-one annual airfare (students not eligible)
  • $300 discount off a future cruise of at least 7 nights or more in a Concierge Class stateroom, after $5,000 in transactions within your first 60 days**
  • 10,000 bonus points annually when you spend at least $10,000†
  • 50% off second guest at any specialty restaurant**
  • 10% discount on a Private Journeys shore excursion**
  • 10% discount on Premium Beverage Packages**
  • No Foreign Transaction Fee for non-US transactions
  • All with a low annual fee of only $69†

visa.jpgCelebrity Visa Signature Card

Earn 2 MyCruiseSM points for every $1 spent on purchases on Celebrity and our sister cruise lines, Royal Caribbean International® and Azamara Club Cruises®

• Earn 1 MyCruiseSM Point for every $1 spent on all other purchases with your card
  • 10,000 bonus points after your first qualifying transaction*
  • No annual fee†

Already a cardholder?

Redeem points for cruises, stateroom upgrades, specialty gifts, and onboard credit on Celebrity and our sister cruise lines, Royal Caribbean International® and Azamara Club Cruises®

three concerns:

1) are items purchased in the on board shops considered celebrity purchases?

2) there seems to be no geographical limit on the 2 for 1 airline tickets...and many airlines don't have 14 day advanced purchase tickets. This "feature" is very unclear:

2 for 1 Airfare Voucher. Cardholders will receive a discounted companion airline certificate good for two tickets for one low price. The certificate is issued upon approval of a new account and on each anniversary thereafter. 14-day advance purchase required. Fares subject to change without notice. Selection of airline varies by market. Airline service is not available in all markets. The discounted companion ticket is only available on fares offered through Promotions in Travel LTD. Normal taxes and fees charged by the airline will apply to both tickets. See complete terms and conditions sent with registration form. Additional restrictions may apply. Federal law prohibits students from receiving a premium.

3) What federal law prohibits students from receiving this "premium"?

I have alway been a Celebrity cruiser, my first was the Meridian in 1995 (I believe it is now at the bottom of the sea off Spain used to create a reef) Anyway from the Meridian and Zenith to Century and all the Millinium ships and finally the Reflection this past January I have always sailed Celebity. (Took a day to adjust to some changes when on the Reflection but it was great) NOW my extended family of 12 along with a couple for their anniversay and their friends are going on the NCL Breakaway 9/15. (We come from NY where it is sailing from). Most of the reviews have been negative, too many people (over 4800 last week) is the biggest complaint (Hope Celebrity doesn't go past the Reflection and start on these truly megaships with too many people). Besides the negative reviews, the "freestyle" cruising isn't for me (some like it which is fine). Trying to coordinate some dinners and shows together with 12 people is impossible. No set dinner times, too many speciality restaurants. I prefer Early or Late dining, makes it simple for a big crowd. Shows in the theatre not all over the ship. I like formal night, like to dress up after a day in shorts and flip flops. AND ROOM SERVICE!!!! $3.50 after 11PM!! It's not the money, it's being nickled and dimed. Celebrity..... I'm coming home this spring!! I promise no deviation any more, I'll stay where I know I'll be happy. True, I think they could upgrade their loyality program to something more significant. The past few cruises priority boardingdidn't get me on board quicker, security was the same for all and the lines for upper level Captains club was the same as for all. Personalized stationary?? 3 sheets with my name spelled wrong!! Special events were just a free drink with a sales pitch. After 18 years and9 or 10 cruises let me fell special for once. (would have been more cruisers but my wife, my best friend died after 4 years of treatment for cancer so we missed a few years) I'm rambling but am so nervous about my Breakaway cruise after all the reviews. I'll stay positive but wish it was on Celebrity. If you are happy with Celebrity don't leave!!!

Stay positive Ray. NCL is different, but there are quite a few of us on here that cruise both lines. When you go on a ship like Breakaway or Oasis of the Seas, with 12 people no les, you are going for an exciting "all over the place" experience....and that is iexactly what is going to feel like (Did Oasis last year with 23 friends and family). Booking shows, booking restaurants...that is the essential type of stuff on a mega ship and all though you are fretting now, you will be happy you took the time to plan.

Then when you get back from that cruise, you can book a cruise on Celebrity for some quiet "adult time"....lol When I got back from Oasis of the Seas in December I needed a nap!!!!!

BTW the reviews have really been picking up in a positive way. NCL has some fantastic restaurants and their upsell charges are much smaller. We always do them 3 times....I happen to really like the food on NCL, and that includes the three main dinning rooms and other free venues. The shows and other entertainment will blow you away as well, even being from NY. Just go and have fun and prepare for something different......much different....but not bad.

50% off a second for Speciality resturants is not a good deal when you can get 20-40% sometimes 50%, FOR BOTH PEOPLE, if you wait till you get on ship. 123 no fee bev pkg, again not a big deal, and shore excursions, most of us that will carry the card book our own anyway. Not worth the $69 fee.

Hi Everyone,

There are two Celebrity visa credit card offers. One with no annual fee, and the other one that costs $69 a year. I copied this off of their offer page. If you are interested in the Royal Caribbean or Azamara card, they offer slightly different benefits, but the reward redemptions on the points earned appear to be the same. Hope this is helpful. If you already have the Royal Caribbean card, you can apply your points between the three brands, you just don't earn any bonus points for getting a new credit card. The $69 dollar fee card does waive the foreign transaction fee which is usually 3 percent on most credit cards.

Choose between two great credit cards to earn points and other exclusive vacation benefits. We'll get you started with a 10,000 bonus points offer redeemable for a $100 onboard credit*

visa-platinum.jpgCelebrity Visa Signature Card Premium

• 10,000 bonus points after your first qualifying transaction* Plus
  • Two-for-one annual airfare (students not eligible)
  • $300 discount off a future cruise of at least 7 nights or more in a Concierge Class stateroom, after $5,000 in transactions within your first 60 days**
  • 10,000 bonus points annually when you spend at least $10,000†
  • 50% off second guest at any specialty restaurant**
  • 10% discount on a Private Journeys shore excursion**
  • 10% discount on Premium Beverage Packages**
  • No Foreign Transaction Fee for non-US transactions
  • All with a low annual fee of only $69†

visa.jpgCelebrity Visa Signature Card

• 10,000 bonus points after your first qualifying transaction*
  • No annual fee†

Already a cardholder?

Redeem points for cruises, stateroom upgrades, specialty gifts, and onboard credit on Celebrity and our sister cruise lines, Royal Caribbean International® and Azamara Club Cruises®

I also looked at the Azamara branded card. It offers 15,000 bonus points for the same $69.00 annual fee. It also has no foreign transaction fee. It does not, however, have the other benefits, which upon close study are really rather I useless. As one poster stated 50% off 2nd speciality restaurant is not a great deal and the 2 for 1 airfare is through a private agency and I have heard they are to good.

It looks like the additional bonus points wold almost offset the fee for the first year and you also get the 10,000 bonus points which more than cover each additional annual fee if you spend $10,000 a year in purchases.

I really wish all three cards offered the same thing !

My only concern is that I want to make sure you can still use the OBC benefit amount if you are getting a shareholder discount. It is a little confusing in the legal mumbo jumbo part of the application

I also looked at the Azamara branded card. It offers 15,000 bonus points for the same $69.00 annual fee. It also has no foreign transaction fee. It does not, however, have the other benefits, which upon close study are really rather I useless. As one poster stated 50% off 2nd speciality restaurant is not a great deal and the 2 for 1 airfare is through a private agency and I have heard they are to good.

It looks like the additional bonus points wold almost offset the fee for the first year and you also get the 10,000 bonus points which more than cover each additional annual fee if you spend $10,000 a year in purchases.

I really wish all three cards offered the same thing !

My only concern is that I want to make sure you can still use the OBC benefit amount if you are getting a shareholder discount. It is a little confusing in the legal mumbo jumbo part of the application

MyCruise Points redeemed for OBCs will be combinable with other offers and additional OBCs.

As for redemption, does anyone know how complicated it is and if you have found it to be easy or a "pain in the neck" to do?

Redeeming your MyCruise Points will be fairly simple. It's similar to any online shopping experience. Once you have accrued enough points, you can visit: http://www.celebritycruises.com/mycruiserewardsonline. If you have any issues redeeming, you can also call the Captain's Club Desk at 1-800-760-0654 to assist.

Please note that rewards for all 3 brands will not be available until August 30th. At the moment, you are only able to redeem for Royal Caribbean rewards.

Would you be able to share what the potential discounts may be for these onboard items for an X card holder?

The onboard benefits include 50% off a 2nd guest at a Specialty Dining restaurant, a 10% discount on Premium Beverage Packages, and a 10% discount on Private Journeys Shore Excursions.

There are also several other benefits such as no foreign transaction fees on purchases outside of the US, two-for-one annual airfare, and more. You can view our full list of benefits for the Celebrity Credit Card here: http://www.celebritycruises.com/creditcard.

Archived