Flying out of Fort Lauderdale... Can I make a 12:05 flight?

My6Dogs

Do self debark and carry off your luggage, grab a taxi (about $65/75) and you will have no problem. We got off the Breeze and picked up our rental car at FLL before 9 am. There were six of us and we had JR shuttle waiting for us. Don't wait on a shuttle service that has to fill the seats before leaving.

The one thing you cannot control is if for any reason the ship is late, or if Customs has a problem.

Cruising out of Miami. Return flight.

I think this is doable. Any opinions or advice from someone who has made this time or earlier?

Thanks,

Mike

We've booked 11:45 flights to/from FLL for Miami cruises three times so far.

We used SAS (ridesas.com) for transportation - $15 pp. We used self-assist for our luggage. Never had a problem. I'd do it again with no worries. I forgot, we are doing it again - in October. That's #4.

Do self-disembark OR you can go to guest services with your air itinerary and request an early disembark. They will give you special zone tags that get called first. I think they said flight times before noon make you eligible, but they would probably still give it to you for 12:05 flight especially from FLL. Feel free to call Carnival to ask about it if you want to be sure.

You should make the flight. Just make sure you do self assist and you should make it in plenty of time. Last cruise in Miami flying out of Fort Lauderdale I was off the ship at 7:30 and in the airport by 9:00.

99 times out of 100 you'll make that flight. I've done flights around 12pm 3 times and never even came close to missing my flight. Self disembark with a taxi will get you there at least 2.5 hours before your flight. I've been on 8 cruises and not once have I been delayed for a extended period getting off the ship. Chances are if you're ship is delayed because of weather or something else a lot of the later afternoon flights would be missed too.

Get FTTF and be out on the early disembarkation, and you'll have plenty of time. You'll be in FLL before 9am.

We were on a cruise out of Miami in Feb and did this. We got off the ship, went to the rental car place, got our car, then drove to FLL to the hotel we were staying at. I was sipping a nice cocktail by the pool, looked at my watch, and it was 10am.

You can easily make a 12.05 flight IMO

Stargatefan, we'll be hustling our rear ends off the same cruise.:D But our flight is at 1135. Yea, I know. But the next flight was at 330 and didn't get us home until after midnight with layovers and such. We are getting up early and we booked FTTF, so we know we can get off pretty early. Sucks to end a vacation in a rush, but we decided none of us want to be jerking around all day with flights. We already have SAS booked too.

Check the number of ships in port (both MIA and FLL) and adjust your times accordingly. January of this year we stood in the world's longest security line in FLL. It wound all over the airport and took over an hour just to go through security. That didn't include time for bag check.

The folks at FLL told us that is normal now when there are a lot of ships - I think Oasis was in FLL that day along with 4 or 5 other ships and Miami had 5 ships in the day we debarked.

You can probably make the 12:00 flight, but don't go under the assumption that FLL is the "easy" airport like it has been in the past and will be quick checking in.

It can be done but it'll be close.

You never know, if something happens it could be a problem. But most times, it isn't even going to be close. Last time we did it we were at the Ft. Lauderdale airport by 9:30, and we didn't even do self-assist, just regular disembarkation. We had reservations with SAS for a later time, but when we called them they said they'd pick us up early since they had a van there with space available.

You should be fine unless something unusual happens.

Heck, I once made a 1:00ish flight out of Tampa from Miami. (Ship was supposed to return to Tampa but got diverted to Miami by a hurricane, Katrina to be specific. Carnival had buses waiting and got us to Tampa on time.)

Stargatefan, we'll be hustling our rear ends off the same cruise.:D But our flight is at 1135. Yea, I know. But the next flight was at 330 and didn't get us home until after midnight with layovers and such. We are getting up early and we booked FTTF, so we know we can get off pretty early. Sucks to end a vacation in a rush, but we decided none of us want to be jerking around all day with flights. We already have SAS booked too.

Hello, fellow New Englander. I am not worried about our early flight back to Boston. Now that we are platinum cruisers :D, we don't have to do self assist anymore. We will receive zone 1 tags. Hey, we just might be on the same SAS shuttle back to FLL with you.

We are so excited for Breeze.

Archived