Weather on the Summit?

harrylime

My wife and I will be on the Summit on the August 18 sailing. I was just wondering about the weather. What has it been like lately when at sea?:)

It chages from week to week. There are no major storms currently kicking up, but things can change by the time you leave Bermuda next Friday.

If you and your wife are prone to seasickness or you think you might be I would not chance it and I would make sure I had a perscription patch or Bonine.

The waters between NY and Bermuda can be some of the roughest because you are in the Atlantic Ocean, but summit handles the seas well and I wouldn't worry too much about it. Worrying makes it worse....just be prepared:)

Thanks for the response. We always bring patches and Dramamine, although we never have needed it --- even during some rough seas one day on an Alaska cruise. I have a little less tolerance than my wife.

I noticed some reference to grey, chilly weather and wanted to be prepared clothing-wise. I'll just bring a sweatshirt.

Thanks again.

ASixth I love you.... I mostly rely on you for funny animated emotions and funny pictures....who knew you had weather skills as well....

Cheryl: ASixth posted some pics back when he had a sailboat, I'd wager he can use a sexton and tell directions from the stars.

BTW, my son lives in Flower Hills in your town of Roslyn.

Weather on the Summit?

My wife and I will be on the Summit on the August 18 sailing. I was just wondering about the weather. What has it been like lately when at sea?:)

We've always found the weather on the Summit to be very nice. Every now and then it is a little cool in the dining room, and of course in the Caribbean it is usually hot in the afternoons when you're out on deck. But once in are inside and the doors are closed behind you it is always just fine.:cool:

I was on Summit last week and I must say....Bermuda was HOT:eek:

From what I was told, even though it is August, it was unseasonably

HOT for Bermuda:eek:

ASixth I love you.... I mostly rely on you for funny animated emotions and funny pictures....who knew you had weather skills as well....

Nine years living on sailboats in the Caribbean and Bahamas helps... :p

Here's another exellent source for guessing at what wind and wave to expect for Bermuda (wave height are in METERS):

http://weather.noaa.gov/fax/marsh.shtml

PJAA99.gif

Here's the one for the Caribbean (wave heights on these charts are in FEET):

PJEA88.gif

http://weather.noaa.gov/fax/gulf.shtml

Cheryl: ASixth posted some pics back when he had a sailboat, I'd wager he can use a sexton and tell directions from the stars.

BTW, my son lives in Flower Hills in your town of Roslyn.

Flower Hill is a beautiful section of town....

Have no idea what a Sexton is.....hopefully it doesn't involve Anthony Weiner....lol

Nine years living on sailboats in the Caribbean and Bahamas helps... :p

Here's another exellent source for guessing at what wind and wave to expect for Bermuda (wave height are in METERS):

http://weather.noaa.gov/fax/marsh.shtml

PJAA99.gif

Here's the one for the Caribbean (wave heights on these charts are in FEET):

PJEA88.gif

http://weather.noaa.gov/fax/gulf.shtml

Asixth I leave for Bermuda on August 30 from Boston... I had already started looking at all this stuff because I know it takes a while for this stuff to move into play for Bermuda....

Please let me know if you wee any bad stuff for my date....I'm taking my sick mom on her first cruise.....ugggghh

Archived