Ability to change names on tickets

rdrseller

My mother is dealing with cancer (within last month) and is just not going to be strong enough to go on our cruise in September. Does anyone know if Carnival will allow them to give their cruise away to someone else?

We hate to lose the funds an no one get to enjoy the room. And NO she did not purchase the cruise insurance....

Thanks for any help.

My mother is dealing with cancer (within last month) and is just not going to be strong enough to go on our cruise in September. Does anyone know if Carnival will allow them to give their cruise away to someone else?

We hate to lose the funds an no one get to enjoy the room. And NO she did not purchase the cruise insurance....

Thanks for any help.

It depends on how the cruise was booked.

If she booked Early Saver, the rules are very strict about no name changes. If she cancels at this point she would get a 50% credit (minus a $50 penalty) to be used within 2 years, but it would be given back to her in the form of an OBC not to be used for paying for a future cruise.

If she is booked under a rate code that allows name changes then it's just a $50 fee to do so.

I'm sorry that she isn't feeling up to a cruise right now, hopefully there will be better times soon.

It depends on how the cruise was booked.

If she booked Early Saver, the rules are very strict about no name changes. If she cancels at this point she would get a 50% credit (minus a $50 penalty) to be used within 2 years, but it would be given back to her in the form of an OBC not to be used for paying for a future cruise.

If she is booked under a rate code that allows name changes then it's just a $50 fee to do so.

I'm sorry that she isn't feeling up to a cruise right now, hopefully there will be better times soon.

Just to clarify, the credit that Carnival holds for canceling an Early Saver booking can be used toward the cost of a future cruise, it just cannot be used towards the deposit of the cruise. I had a credit from a previous cruise I cancelled and it was applied to my current one.

Thanks for any help.

If you cancel now you lose 50% if you wait 4 days you will lose 75% Make that call today to find out the rate you booked and cancel now.

if a regular booking one person needs to remain on the booking. and it wil be a 50.00 name change. cancelling with get them 50% of their money back

#6 on this FAQ

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx

Archived