How much food at Nachi-Cocum?

lopat08865

Trying to confirm what I think I saw sprinkled across the Nachi threads here.

Everyone says you get a lot of food but their website mentions a 4 course meal [the various courses ordered when you want them].

What I'm trying to determine is whether, with the addition of a tip, you're able to order more of what you like, or whether you're limited to the 4 courses, and so would have to pay a la carte prices for extra.

They open at 9am, and since we're thinking of getting there early and staying until 2 or 3, and what with all the drinks included, we're wondering whether we'd be able to offset the cumulative effect of the drinks by eating more. :eek:

Have been to Nachi 5 times and going again in January. This is as they say "big food." Never have gotten to the 4th course (desert) and Carlos/Manuel were quite busy delivering the drinks. I wouldn't be concerned about offsetting the effects of the adult beverages with more food.

Thanks for the quick response!

May be "big food" but I'm a "big guy!" :eek:

Hoping someone can confirm they got "seconds" of a course by tipping generously?

PS: If appetizer + entrée + dessert = 3 courses, what is the 4th? Duh? :o

Thanks for the quick response!

May be "big food" but I'm a "big guy!" :eek:

Hoping someone can confirm they got "seconds" of a course by tipping generously?

PS: If appetizer + entrée + dessert = 3 courses, what is the 4th? Duh? :o

I'm a BIG guy.

Was 375lb on one trip to Nachi (never been lighter than 270lbs) and have yet to make it to the desert course yet in 4 trips there. (5th coming in April)

As such, I have no idea how they handle if you want to order extra. (there are prices on the menu, which always confused me....Maybe the prices are there for people like yourself, who need more food. )

Here is the menu with prices...

PC200864-L.jpg

PC200865-L.jpg (pictures courtesy of Mitsugirly)

I always start with the Nachos and then get the Fajitas and have yet to get beyond those two courses.

Bill

I'm a BIG guy.

Was 375lb on one trip to Nachi (never been lighter than 270lbs) and have yet to make it to the desert course yet in 4 trips there. (5th coming in April)

As such, I have no idea how they handle if you want to order extra. (there are prices on the menu, which always confused me....Maybe the prices are there for people like yourself, who need more food. )

Here is the menu with prices...

(pictures courtesy of Mitsugirly)

I always start with the Nachos and then get the Fajitas and have yet to get beyond those two courses.

Bill

OK, Bill, you've convinced me! And those pictures are the icing on the cake I, too, won't be able to get to :eek:.

As for the prices on Mitsugirly's menu pictures, at $55 for cheesesticks, someone would be better off paying for and bringing an imaginary friend!

OK, Bill, you've convinced me! And those pictures are the icing on the cake I, too, won't be able to get to :eek:.

As for the prices on Mitsugirly's menu pictures, at $55 for cheesesticks, someone would be better off paying for and bringing an imaginary friend!

Peso's. Food was awesome especially the guac.

Thank you for posting the pictures. We will be going for the first time in October. I did have one question was it hard finding a taxi? This is the first time we have booked on our own and not through the ship. I am a little worried.:)

Thank you for posting the pictures. We will be going for the first time in October. I did have one question was it hard finding a taxi? This is the first time we have booked on our own and not through the ship. I am a little worried.:)

Very easy, just grab Taxi outside the port area straight to Nachi. Nachi will arrange your taxi back...just let them know about a half hour before you need to leave.....you'll love Nachi...we are going in November for the 2nd time. :)

I just booked our reservation for Christmas Eve at Nachi! I'm so excited as this will be our third time to Cozumel and I wasn't able to go or foolishly wanted to try something else. So I'm determined to get there this time and what a way to spend Xmas eve.:D

We're not heavy drinkers (anymore) but I do intend on trying my favorite Bahama Mama here as I always order one every place we go on vacation to find the ultimate. So far the best one quite surprisingly was in my hometown but unfortunately the place is no longer open.:mad: The other favorite of mine was discovered on the last cruise in St. Thomas at Sapphire beach. There was a bartender who was quite a character that convinced me to order a Dirty Monkey (not a Dirty Banana). OMG... that was good! So my question is... will they be able to make these type of drinks or is it just the basic well drinks?

The other question I have is that I'm not a fan of hot (spicy) things as jalapenos or hot salsa so will they have flavorful things for me to eat?

The food is great and we order a bunch at the same time...as much as you want. We didn't have room for dessert either.

You don't have to worry about the pricing, whether it be peso's or US because the food and drinks are included with your admission price.

PC200876-M.jpg

PC200874-M.jpg

PC200875-M.jpg

Our munchkin had to have some cheese sticks...when they first arrived I thought "hmm, don't look too great"...but they were really very yummy! Home made too.

PC200878-M.jpg

And of course fries for her as well just in case she didn't want her Mexican food (which she loved the Mexican food more)

PC200877-M.jpg

PC200879-M.jpg

I just booked our reservation for Christmas Eve at Nachi! I'm so excited as this will be our third time to Cozumel and I wasn't able to go or foolishly wanted to try something else. So I'm determined to get there this time and what a way to spend Xmas eve.:D

We're not heavy drinkers (anymore) but I do intend on trying my favorite Bahama Mama here as I always order one every place we go on vacation to find the ultimate. So far the best one quite surprisingly was in my hometown but unfortunately the place is no longer open.:mad: The other favorite of mine was discovered on the last cruise in St. Thomas at Sapphire beach. There was a bartender who was quite a character that convinced me to order a Dirty Monkey (not a Dirty Banana). OMG... that was good! So my question is... will they be able to make these type of drinks or is it just the basic well drinks?

The other question I have is that I'm not a fan of hot (spicy) things as jalapenos or hot salsa so will they have flavorful things for me to eat?

The salsa is very spicy, but the guacamole is delicious [and I don't usually eat it!] The quesadillas aren't spicy at all unless you add pico. Nachos are good, too. The flan is outstanding!

Taxis are easy to get. Nachi has direct radio contact with the Taxi Authority...never had to wait more than 15 minutes to get one.

My wife swears by the Dirty Monkey! It's the only drink she gets when we are at Nachi!

And, in case anyone is still interested, YES you can order additional food. We got an extra order of Guacamole and chips once. However, we were never charged for them.

Archived