Last Minute Bookings

CZodda

Good Morning All! Hope everyone is having a fabulous Saturday! I am thinking of booking a last minute cruise on Carnival Splendor, September 6th sailing. It seems like, with the exception of ocean view cabins, there are plenty of cabins left. There was even a price drop on the interiors on Thursday afternoon.

My question is do you all think I should book today or wait some more to see if the price drops again?

Personally I am beginning to get the heebie geebies but I also don't want to book and then see the price drop again afterwards as I know I wouldn't be entitled to OBC in this situation.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice.

Have a super weekend!

Good Morning All! Hope everyone is having a fabulous Saturday! I am thinking of booking a last minute cruise on Carnival Splendor, September 6th sailing. It seems like, with the exception of ocean view cabins, there are plenty of cabins left. There was even a price drop on the interiors on Thursday afternoon.

My question is do you all think I should book today or wait some more to see if the price drops again?

Personally I am beginning to get the heebie geebies but I also don't want to book and then see the price drop again afterwards as I know I wouldn't be entitled to OBC in this situation.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice.

Have a super weekend!

I would suggest you book now so that you have a choice of cabin. However, I would also advise you to then quit looking at prices!!!! What you don't know won't hurt you!

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will decide by the end of today whether I will wait any longer (guess I was secretly hoping the balconies would drop in price like the insides - one can hope, ha, ha!). Have a great weekend!

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will decide by the end of today whether I will wait any longer (guess I was secretly hoping the balconies would drop in price like the insides - one can hope, ha, ha!). Have a great weekend!

Good luck. You have a great weekend also.:D

I booked 25 days out. I watched and it looked like there were many cabins left, then it was reduced by about 1/2 so I booked the deal. Two days later there was nothing available except higher category balconies. If those go down in the next two weeks I may upgrade myself. But if I hadn't booked when I did, I doubt I'd be going.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you really want to go on this cruise, you can book now in a cabin you can live with...But if balcony prices do drop to a level you like, they will always take your money to upgrade. EM

A sensible solution Essiesmom - thank you - I will do that!

Booking at the last moment does have it advantage, however I would think only if you are driving distance from the port you want to leave from but if you have to fly to the port it can get expensive waiting to the last moment to book your air.

Hi Shipbound I totally agree. I live in Staten Island and my Sister-in-Law who is coming with me lives in Manhattan, a stones throw from the port. That is the only way I would wait this long. Last minute airline flights are totally horrendous!

Archived