What to pack for Panama Canal Cruise in Nov.?

beachnut

We are on the Infinity in Nov going through the Panama Canal and I would like some suggestions on what type of clothing to take for onboard and in the ports. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

We are on the Infinity in Nov going through the Panama Canal and I would like some suggestions on what type of clothing to take for onboard and in the ports. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The weather on a Panama cruise is vary similar to the Caribbean. Clothes worn in the Caribbean or any warm area resort are suitable . Keep in mind that evening at sea can be chilly even in the tropics.

Did full transit 2 years ago in Nov from FL to CA. The weather was hot, hot, hot except for the last day. I switched from shorts to capris and threw on a long sleeve light cotton top over a sleeveless top. No problem. That evening I threw a shawl over my dress and was also fine.

Enjoy the cruise...it was my favorite!!

We took a Princess cruise to the Panama Canal last November. It was in the high 80’s and was pretty humid. There were scattered showers (some quite heavy) most of the day of the transit, so bring rain gear if you plan to be out on deck watching the transit. Many folks were up on deck at 5:00 am with places all saved. When the showers came, most were not prepared and ran back to their rooms to get umbrellas and lost the spots they had staked out earlier. Even though we had a balcony, we wanted to watch from the front of the ship as we first approached the locks. We later watched part of the transit from our balcony and also from the back of the ship for a whole different perspective.

I dressed in layers, usually with capris, a tank top and a short sleeved shirt. I also had a long sleeved light jacket in the backpack and used LOTS of sunscreen. I also wore sunglasses and a hat.

We had a wonderful experience, I'm sure it will be a memorable trip.

We transited the canal during December. It was extremely hot and humid. I cannot remember the evenings being chilly. We took two night time excursions and we were sweltering. This being said from someone who lives in a very hot and humid climate. We dressed in shorts, t-shirts and light weight shirts most of the time except for formal evenings when we did dress up (cocktail dresses, suits and ties). We all took multiple showers per day as it was necessary to feel clean and get the stickiness off. We were up at 4am to view our approach to the canal and within 20 minutes we were drenched with sweat. It was still dark. Just be warned.

Archived