Must be cruise day on Judge Ross

NoobCruise

I'm laid up recuperating from surgery right now so I've got the tv going in the back ground watching America's Court with Judge Ross (don't judge me lol) Almost every case today had to do with cruises lol

The main one being a woman suing an un-named cruise line (Carnival?) for a horrible cruise. It was a 4 day cruise to Mexico out of Corpus Christy that ended up turning into a 6 day cruise in hell with no working toilets after engine trouble left them dead in the water. Anyway, the cruise line had offered to re-emburse the full amount for the bad cruise, plus a free future cruise. The plaintiff absolutely did not want to take a future cruise with them, so she wanted the cash value of the future cruise instead of the voucher, in addition to the full refund of the bad cruise. The woman lost since the cruise line had already promised a full refund.

What do you think the cruise line's thinking was when they agreed to have the case heard on national tv? I was surprised they agreed to court tv, even though the line was un-named, it was still pretty easy to figure out who they were. It seemed to me it was just more bad press forthe "un-named" line.

Can't find any case of a "real" cruise ship sailing out of Corpus? Two years ago they tried to find one that was interested, but the cruise lines said it was too close to Houston/Galveston and didn't think it was a viable option.

Maybe she was from Corpus Christy and I assumed. I haven't sailed there myself. It sailed out of Texas to Mexico though.

What do you think the cruise line's thinking was when they agreed to have the case heard on national tv? I was surprised they agreed to court tv, even though the line was un-named, it was still pretty easy to figure out who they were. It seemed to me it was just more bad press forthe "un-named" line.

Maybe they were sure they would win and she would be made to look greedy (or worse).

• 5 weeks later...
Don't always believe everything you see on TV.

Keith

So true! The only reason these "trials" are on TV is for entertainment. If they operate like the typical reality show, the producers coach and guide the participants to say and act certain ways to keep the ratings up so the show won't get cancelled and put the producers out of a job. Like people who go on Jerry Springer and make fools of themselves, these participants are usually under educated and severely lacking in common sense. The producers recruit them by promising "fair" trials, which they are anything but.

Archived