western caribbean excursions

kcms4

hi can any one help in Jamaica we would like to do dunns river falls there are six of us with royal caribbean the price is £46 each are there taxis waiting to take people and has any one done this and knows roughly how much also at cozumel we would like just to go to san gervasion ruins and shopping in the afternoon this is £36 each the same question again has any one got a taxi to this place and can remember how much i know i sound like a cheap skate and will pay the price with royal caribbean just that i dont want to do every thing in their excursions we just want to see what we want to see if you know what i mean

any info would be much appreciated:confused::)

We went to the parking lot off the ship and got on a bus to go only to Dunns River Falls. I forget how much it was but it was a lot less than the ship's tour. I believe they have lockers you can rent for your stuff. Take a throw away water proof camera for great pictures. Do make sure you have water shoes on or old sneakers and you can tie the laces.

We were not impressed with the smaller ruins in Cozumal. Four of us got a cab to drive us around the island and see other parts of it. If you want to go to ruins go with the ship's tour to Tulum! You take the ferry from Cozumel to Playa Del ???. Then you get on a bus for the long trip to the ruins. This tour takes a few hours and travels far from the port of Cozumel. The ship will not leave until their tour is back but will if you are by yourself and are delayed getting back, miss the ferry back, etc.

In a few ports you pay for each person in the cab, others just for the cab no matter how many get in it. Some ports have prices posted by the taxi stand. Every thing will be paid for in US dollars, not euros.

Archived