Suite Life on the Royal

Dr. Pam

Hi Dr. Pam,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review of your trip and thanks for leaving the Royal in good shape for us. We were on the cruise right after you and had a fabulous time also. Our Air Canada and Luftansa travel were excellent as well.

Also, thanks for the info on private tours. That is definitely the way to go!

Ron

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review, and answer questions. We are on the VCE to FLL TA in October and your information has been very helpful. One question if I may - did you notice if the gym had any rowing machines? They are my preferred piece of cardio equipment but not very common. Thanks again.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review, and answer questions. We are on the VCE to FLL TA in October and your information has been very helpful. One question if I may - did you notice if the gym had any rowing machines? They are my preferred piece of cardio equipment but not very common. Thanks again.

I did not see any rowing machines....but they may have been there. I wasn't looking for them and the gym was so crowded that I am sorry I cannot give you a definite answer. Have a great cruise! I would love to do a repeat!! :)

I have read from your review and the many pictures I have seen of the Royal that

the cabins are beautiful shades of neutral colors. I am just wondering if the hallways

still have the burgundy carpeting on the port side and the blue carpeting on the

starboard side? Thanks

Pam

I believe the carpeting is the same colour on both sides....definitely navy blue on the starboard (our side)....you might have to ask the expert, Dave! Honestly this cruise was so port intensive and we were such early risers that I did not pay as much attention to the details as perhaps I should have..... but really the overall ambiance....and did I mention the great food??? did somehow manage to distract me from some of the details in a good way!! Happy and safe travels.....Pam

:)Pam

Hi Dr. Pam,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review of your trip and thanks for leaving the Royal in good shape for us. We were on the cruise right after you and had a fabulous time also. Our Air Canada and Luftansa travel were excellent as well.

Also, thanks for the info on private tours. That is definitely the way to go!

Ron

I am ready to do this amazing voyage again tomorrow....ahhh too bad that sometimes real life gets in the way! I am glad to hear that you had a great voyage. Take care.

HI Compozer...

We received a bottle of "champagne" at each of our 3 dinners. 1 suite gratis dinner, 1 plat amex dinner and 1 from our internet TA agency. All of them came with a bottle. :) It was fun!

)

Did you have to book via Amex for the extra Platinum Card Benefits? I booked via a TA and used my Platinum, but not sure if I have to ask someone for that those benefits?

I did not see any rowing machines....but they may have been there. I wasn't looking for them and the gym was so crowded that I am sorry I cannot give you a definite answer. Have a great cruise! I would love to do a repeat!! :)

Many thanks - I guess I will find out in 26 days!

Thanks for the through review. We have been in suites on both NCL and Celebrity, but always book a mini-suite on Princess because as you stated, Princess does not provide anything extra other than space. Since there are only 2 of us, a mini is fine. I would think Princess would provide free internet and with the lack of a butler, the concierge should provide some extra service such as helping you get a new card.

Starting at 7:30 I know I'll be missing a few due to early excursions...Plus we have a free dinner too.

We were thinking of doing the CG for the free dinner. One question I had about the free dinner; is it the first night we board or is it the day we sail? We also will miss a few breakfasts due to early excursions. There are those 10 sea days though.....:):):)

Bob

We were thinking of doing the CG for the free dinner. One question I had about the free dinner; is it the first night we board or is it the day we sail? We also will miss a few breakfasts due to early excursions. There are those 10 sea days though.....:):):)

Bob

That's the $64,000 question...what night ??....It would be really nice if we were not locked into a specific night..:mad:

Actually we'll miss only 3 breakfasts because of excursions..:D

Did you have to book via Amex for the extra Platinum Card Benefits? I booked via a TA and used my Platinum, but not sure if I have to ask someone for that those benefits?

No, you do not have to reserve through AMex for receive your Platinum Amex privileges. Your TA should phone (you may have to provide the number) and coordinate your reservation with amex.....at least that is what my internet TA has always done...as per my request. Have a wonderful cruise.

:)Pam

That's the $64,000 question...what night ??....It would be really nice if we were not locked into a specific night..:mad:

Actually we'll miss only 3 breakfasts because of excursions..:D

Actually, the Royal Princess allowed us to use our 1st gratis dinner on our second night, as we were overnighting in Venice and did not want to return to the ship for a "free" dinner. I explained this to Sabatini's.....no problem. Our other 2 gratis dinners were in the middle of the cruise and the last night. Worked out great!

Hi Pam

Did you notice if the concierge lounge had fax and printing facilities ,and how was the inet/email service onboard as I will have work to do on the trip.

Kind Regards

Anton

I believe the concierge desk did have fax and printing facilities at her desk. It definitely would not be a 'self-serve' kind of operation as they did not have a private work station for guests. The internet was SLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW. Sorry.

Enjoy your cruise!

Pam

Actually, the Royal Princess allowed us to use our 1st gratis dinner on our second night, as we were overnighting in Venice and did not want to return to the ship for a "free" dinner. I explained this to Sabatini's.....no problem. Our other 2 gratis dinners were in the middle of the cruise and the last night. Worked out great!

Thanks for the reply that's what we were hoping for..We'll be overnighting in Venice too..:D

Are you saying that suite passengers get three free specialty dinners? If so, when can you book them?