Booking Opinions!Please!!

CruiseWhere

Would love to hear any opinions please!!!!

DH and myself are planning on booking a cruise two months away and here is our dilemma...Our regular TA has given us a great price of which we just rec'd it today and has put a hold on a cabin. In the meantime I had been shopping around and lo and behold I have found a better price not by much but it includes a very nice OBC.

Do I stick with who I know? Do I go for the better price? Or is it worth mentioning this to our TA about the OBC???

Suggestions????

DH and myself are planning on booking a cruise two months away and here is our dilemma...Our regular TA has given us a great price of which we just rec'd it today and has put a hold on a cabin. In the meantime I had been shopping around and lo and behold I have found a better price not by much but it includes a very nice OBC.

Do I stick with who I know? Do I go for the better price? Or is it worth mentioning this to our TA about the OBC???

Suggestions????

I would mention it to your TA. Usually they try and match it.

How much time does your travel agent have invested in this? If she went through the pluses and minuses of 100 different sailings on 12 different cruise lines with you to find this cruise, then you owe it to her to book with her. If you found the cruise and just asked her for a price and a hold, then you owe her almost nothing. If the better offer is from an agency you trust, I would ask her to meet the price. If she can't, let the hold expire and book with the better agency.

Personally, I tell any vetted cruise seller that I deal with that I am shopping for the best price and that I will go with the best price.

Suggestions????

I hear your dilemma. I can get a better deal with a certain on line agency than I can with my TA (who is far away but very accessible). However, I know she gives me the best deal that she can. Now, she has given me incredible service and although in the US I have the flexibility to book in Cdn/US $ which right now is quite important - especially when you check out HAL's pricing.

In my case, because of the service my TA gives me, I wouldn't switch. I am pretty low maintenance but there have been some wonderful things that she has done for me that really count in my book.

On the other hand, if your TA is just a standard TA it's a whole different kettle of fish. We each have to choose what's important to us.

Don't get me wrong - I check pricing every time and I make a conscious decision each time I book.

It's all a matter of what's important to YOU. Everyone has different priorities.

There's no right answer - it's what works best for YOU.:D

I did! And she came within a few $$$ so I was more then happy to give her the business!

Thanks to all for your suggestions, advice and opinions:)

Now that is what I call fair ball:D glad it worked out for you:D

I hear your dilemma. I can get a better deal with a certain on line agency than I can with my TA (who is far away but very accessible). However, I know she gives me the best deal that she can. Now, she has given me incredible service and although in the US I have the flexibility to book in Cdn/US $ which right now is quite important - especially when you check out HAL's pricing.

In my case, because of the service my TA gives me, I wouldn't switch. I am pretty low maintenance but there have been some wonderful things that she has done for me that really count in my book.

On the other hand, if your TA is just a standard TA it's a whole different kettle of fish. We each have to choose what's important to us.

Don't get me wrong - I check pricing every time and I make a conscious decision each time I book.

It's all a matter of what's important to YOU. Everyone has different priorities.

There's no right answer - it's what works best for YOU.:D

Totally agree. There is a price for personable service.

Archived