Final payment Qs

We've booked through a TA. Aside from seeing the charge on my credit card, does anything on my pre-cruise planner/online profile show whether final payment has been made?

(In a nutshell, we'd expected final payment to go through by now, it isn't showing on my cc statement, and the TA is AWOL... What happens if the final payment deadline is missed?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

When I make a final payment for a customer, they have the invoice showing paid in a couple of minutes. And if you look up the reservations on RC website, after a couple of days it should also showed paid.

When is your final payment, if you cant reach your TA I would call RC.

Good Luck.

Well, that didn't help :-/ They wouldn't help at all since we booked through a TA.

I'll be going to her office this afternoon, if she isn't in then hopefully someone else will help!

Once final payment is made, your set sail pass will be ready to print. Log into your RCI account and see if it says "ready to print" or "in progress". We also get an email saying it's ready to print. Otherwise, your TA can send you an invoice showing paid if you can contact them.

Once final payment is made, your set sail pass will be ready to print. Log into your RCI account and see if it says "ready to print" or "in progress". We also get an email saying it's ready to print. Otherwise, your TA can send you an invoice showing paid if you can contact them.
I think this is incorrect, I did my final payment last week on a Nov 12 cruise and my set sail pass is not ready. I believe your set sail pass will be ready to print after the final payment date (Aug 29 in my case)if the cruise is paid in full.

This is incorrect. I have only made a deposit and my final payment isn't due until Nov 8th and I can print my set sail pass right now, in fact I have printed it.

I think this is incorrect, I did my final payment last week on a Nov 12 cruise and my set sail pass is not ready. I believe your set sail pass will be ready to print after the final payment date (Aug 29 in my case)if the cruise is paid in full.

I always make final payment before RCI's due date, and as soon as our TA puts it through, I can to My Cruises and our SetSail Pass says "ready to print".

This is incorrect. I have only made a deposit and my final payment isn't due until Nov 8th and I can print my set sail pass right now, in fact I have printed it.

You are one of the lucky ones. Normally the SetSail Pass can not be printed off until final payment has been made.

Ugh, so confusing! We gave the TA the go-ahead to put through final payment about a month ago. RCI said they couldn't even tell us the deadline for final payment; I had expected that at minimum.

Ugh, so confusing! We gave the TA the go-ahead to put through final payment about a month ago. RCI said they couldn't even tell us the deadline for final payment; I had expected that at minimum.

If you're on the 11/2 Indy, final is due tomorrow, August 20th.

Are you able to print your SetSail Pass? If so then your cruise has been paid in full.

We made our final payment on Saturday, which was 3 days before it was due and our set sail pass was ready to print that evening.

I've been on,let's see, how many cruises? Hmmm. 13, with most being on RCI and I have been able to print my set sail pass as soon as final payment was made on all of them. I didnt' just pull this info out of my you know what. geez

I have not made final pmt and it says ready for printing I to have been on 17 cruises

Never had that happen. My point to the poster who said "incorrect" was that my statement was entirely correct for me, meaning TRUE for me. If you do a search for set sail almost all of them will say that they are ready to print after you make final payment. I've seen it posted many times. Why would you be able to print a pass that gets you into a cruise building/port without having made final payment? The point of the set sail pass is that your cruise is paid for and you can proceed to the cruise port and access the facility.

Also, anyone who has made final payment but doesn't have the "ready to print" message needs to double check that they have completed their online checkin. If not complete, you cannot print.

I found our RA, she called RCI and found that, though they had all the necessary info, they just hadn't put the charges through. It was supposed to have happened on August 8 :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse wacky auto-correct-induced typos.

I found our RA, she called RCI and found that, though they had all the necessary info, they just hadn't put the charges through. It was supposed to have happened on August 8 :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse wacky auto-correct-induced typos.

Whew....glad you found out what was going on. It's better to know now rather than after something happened and they cancelled your cruise!

I'm going to recommend you not use this TA again. She lied to you. Royal does not - ever - store credit cards so there is no way they "had all the necessary info." She neglected to make the payment and therefore risked your booking. That is incredibly irresponsible of her.

As for Royal not giving you any info, this is typical and industry standard. If you book via TA Royal cannot, and will not, give any info about your booking. They won't even confirm you have a booking or if a payment has been made. It has to do with their contractual obligations to travel agents. On rare occasions, Resolutions will call your TA for you but even that is rare and requires exceptional circumstances.

Archived