Any smokers on Celebrity Century Alaska?

Advise

Hi All

4 days to go to the cruise and the excitement is mounting day by day.

I am trying to get some help from any smokers who have sailed on the Celebrity Century Alaska cruise about whether they found cigarette prices/range (I smoke Dunhills) on board the ship to be good or not.

I can't make up my mind whether to buy some cigarettes from Heathrow (cheaper than retail but still very expensive) or whether to buy them from Vancouver before sailing or to buy them on board the ship.

Sorry if the question seems a bit silly, but I am sure the smokers will understand the dilemma.

Hoping there a few smokers left out there who will be able to help.

Thank you

Regards

Jim

You can buy the cancer sticks in the duty free shop on board and unlike liquor can consume them on board. You can buy as many as you want and smoke as many as you want but in the restricted areas. You are still restricted by the amount that you can take off the ship according to the duties and customs of the country that you are disembarking in.

I am sure that while leaving the ship in the ports of Alaska you can have a pack or so in your pocket. Don't know as I am not a smoker. Also don't know if they sell the brand you are after. They may only have the American brands.

Hi All

4 days to go to the cruise and the excitement is mounting day by day.

I am trying to get some help from any smokers who have sailed on the Celebrity Century Alaska cruise about whether they found cigarette prices/range (I smoke Dunhills) on board the ship to be good or not.

I can't make up my mind whether to buy some cigarettes from Heathrow (cheaper than retail but still very expensive) or whether to buy them from Vancouver before sailing or to buy them on board the ship.

Sorry if the question seems a bit silly, but I am sure the smokers will understand the dilemma.

Hoping there a few smokers left out there who will be able to help.

Thank you

Regards

Jim

If you can handle American cigarettes, I would definitely say to buy them on the ship. Around $27 USD/carton. Mostly Marlboro, Winston, Benson & Hedges (?) & a few other brands. I don't recall seeing Dunhills, but I could be wrong. In any event, the selection is small but the price will beat anything you find at home or in Vancouver. Good luck! :)

I have never smoked but as a Canadian I can tell you that prices on tobacco here are very high!! Vancouver would not be an option

Hi Gold1953

Thank you for the reply - you confirmed what I had heard that they are very expensive in Vancouver?

I will probably end up buyin them on board the ship, going by Beth's reply below.

Regards

Jim

You can buy the cancer sticks in the duty free shop on board and unlike liquor can consume them on board. You can buy as many as you want and smoke as many as you want but in the restricted areas. You are still restricted by the amount that you can take off the ship according to the duties and customs of the country that you are disembarking in.

I am sure that while leaving the ship in the ports of Alaska you can have a pack or so in your pocket. Don't know as I am not a smoker. Also don't know if they sell the brand you are after. They may only have the American brands.

Hi Miched

Thank you for the reply - some good information there and love the name cancer sticks.

Regards

Jim

If you can handle American cigarettes, I would definitely say to buy them on the ship. Around $27 USD/carton. Mostly Marlboro, Winston, Benson & Hedges (?) & a few other brands. I don't recall seeing Dunhills, but I could be wrong. In any event, the selection is small but the price will beat anything you find at home or in Vancouver. Good luck! :)

Hi Beth

Thank you so much for the reply.

I was planning on getting them here, but after reading your reply, I think it makes sense to get them on board the ship at those kind of prices - they are working out at around $62.00 per carton here.

I am fairly flexible in brand for the duration of the holiday, so your reply helps me a lot.

Thank you again.

Regards

Jim

Just be glad you are not in New York City where a single pack of Dunhills can easily cost you over $13. We are trying very hard to tax cigarettes out of existence in the USA...which is probably a good thing.

Hank

Archived