Book spa treatment on personalizer or on-board?

ROXIETHEHORSE

Is there any advantage one way or the other to booking a spa treatment before the cruise on my personalizer vs embarkation day?

We are looking at doing a couples massage on a port day and it has a price on our cruise personalizer of $242 for a port day.

Should we book this or will get a better deal by waiting until we board the ship?

Our experience has been to book spa treatments when you get on the ship. Port days are generally not very busy so specials are usually shown in the Patter or on a board outside the spa. Take the spa tour once onboard and you may get a special deal.

If you want spa treatments on port days, there will likely be on-board specials, so waiting is not a bad option. If you want treatments on sea days, book them in advance. We just got off the Sapphire and my daughter and I took our own tour of the ship as soon as we got on board and when we got to the spa area, it was a madhouse. Mobs of people vying for the attention of a few attendants who were giving tours of the area and services. I would do my darndest to avoid that if I could.

Archived