Cancel and rebook?

sunshine nana

I booked directly with Celebrity and then hoped to transfer to a TA to get more OBC, but was told today that it had to be done within 60 days of booking. I have gone past that date by a few days.Question: can I cancel and then rebook with the TA for the same cruise? It is over a year away. Thanks for any advice.

I booked directly with Celebrity and then hoped to transfer to a TA to get more OBC, but was told today that it had to be done within 60 days of booking. I have gone past that date by a few days.Question: can I cancel and then rebook with the TA for the same cruise? It is over a year away. Thanks for any advice.

I don't see why you couldn't do it that way.

d

If you are using a Cerificate you don't want to cancel because you will lose it. They have put a 60 day limit to transfer if you used one to book directly thru X. Don't know about booking thru X without a certificate.

If not just cancel and rebook. Problem is you may lose the cabin plus pay a increase in price if there is one. If you had the 123 promo you will also lose that by canceling.

Why don't you call the TA and see if she/he can get the booking transferred.

If it really is just a few days past the 60 , then sometimes the TA will have a relationship with a Celebrity rep that can pull some strings and get things you can't.

Was there anything 'special' about the booking?

Perks? Discounts? Ect,

Thanks for the suggestions. The only extra we got was $300 OBC. The price is still the same and there are still several similar cabins left. I think I will call the TA today and see what they say.I was hoping for a 123 offer, but so far, nothing like that has come up.

Archived