Summit tenders

lenquixote66

Is it true that the Summit uses tenders holding a maximum of 50 people on the New England /Canada cruises?

No, I have never had a tender whether it be Celebrity of if the port provides it hold that few people.

I've been on 5 New England/Canada cruises and never had this happen.

We will be on that cruise is October, but in all of our cruising, I would agree with Cruising Chick, We have never seen ship tenders that small. I will say that when in some foreign countries that will not let the cruise lines use their own tenders due to local union rules, we have been on smaller tenders.

We will be on that cruise is October, but in all of our cruising, I would agree with Cruising Chick, We have never seen ship tenders that small. I will say that when in some foreign countries that will not let the cruise lines use their own tenders due to local union rules, we have been on smaller tenders.

My wife was told by a Celebrity employee that they do use tenders that small.

My wife was told by a Celebrity employee that they do use tenders that small.

Sorry, I do not know who she talked to. If it was on the phone they often give out incorrect information. The only ship in the Celebrity family that we know of that has tenders that small is Xpedition in the Galapagos.

Is it true that the Summit uses tenders holding a maximum of 50 people on the New England /Canada cruises?

Hate to eliminate one worry with another but check out this news post.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/10/05/news/hancock/cruise-ship-tender-runs-aground-off-mdi/

Looks like the tenders hold at least 93 passengers but might have problems at night.

Archived