What Would 'Platinum/Gold' Insurance Cost?

LocoLoco1

We've never bought travel insurance. Recent ship glitches having me rethinking. QUESTIONS:

If one wants 'Bulletproof Travel Insurance' to cover any/all reasons one can't make a cruise booked thru a Travel Agent with a Credit Card, how much would it cost? Lets say it's a 30-day $6000/pp cruise plus Airfare of $1000/RT and Hotel nite on each end..

...and if the Cruiseline offers to reimburse account a breakdown/cancellation etc. is your 'Insurance' essentially a wasted expense? I'm reading about some strange issues today Re: Millennium in Ketchikan. Locomotiveman Tom

I perhaps should have clarified my earlier question. I HAVE looked at policies at http://www.insuremytrip but it appears even the most expensive policies, it's approx. $1000bucks for 30-day trip,(TravelGuard-Chartis Platinum) and only insures you if you lose 50% or more of your trip etc. etc. Others have similar 'fine print exceptions' too.

I'm left wondering how Cruisers can insure for Any/All expenses Door-to-Door for whole trip. Maybe such insurance doesn't exist for the common man? Locomotiveman Tom

I'm left wondering how Cruisers can insure for Any/All expenses Door-to-Door for whole trip. Maybe such insurance doesn't exist for the common man?

Do you mean for all situations with no exclusions? Like a "Cancel For Any Reason" benefit that also applies to trip interruptions? Doesn't exist.

Travelers age, destination, travel dates, and insured trip cost affect the travel insurance premium. Go to one of the websites and get a quote. My wife & I are 60. We insured 11 days of travel for our 9/13 Millennium cruise. We will recover 100% of our 2 non refundables, the air fare and hotel. We will recover $2575. Our cost for this aborted trip will be our planning time and the $465 premium for the Travel Guard Gold policy.

Steve

We've never bought travel insurance. Recent ship glitches having me rethinking. QUESTIONS:

If one wants 'Bulletproof Travel Insurance' to cover any/all reasons one can't make a cruise booked thru a Travel Agent with a Credit Card, how much would it cost? Lets say it's a 30-day $6000/pp cruise plus Airfare of $1000/RT and Hotel nite on each end..

...and if the Cruiseline offers to reimburse account a breakdown/cancellation etc. is your 'Insurance' essentially a wasted expense? I'm reading about some strange issues today Re: Millennium in Ketchikan. Locomotiveman Tom

I perhaps should have clarified my earlier question. I HAVE looked at policies at http://www.insuremytrip but it appears even the most expensive policies, it's approx. $1000bucks for 30-day trip,(TravelGuard-Chartis Platinum) and only insures you if you lose 50% or more of your trip etc. etc. Others have similar 'fine print exceptions' too.

I'm left wondering how Cruisers can insure for Any/All expenses Door-to-Door for whole trip. Maybe such insurance doesn't exist for the common man? Locomotiveman Tom

Have you called InsureMyTrip on the phone and asked them that question directly instead of using their WEB site? They have always been very responsive when I have called them.

I find that direct phone calls are often the quickest and easiest way to get information.

DON

Archived