Indiana Jones! I need to get to Petra!

Trickie Dickie

On my Holy Land cruise I'm scheduled to be in Ashdod, Israel on Oct 12 and 13 in 2014. The excursions are up to book on other ports but not Israel yet. Has anyone been able to book a ship excursion from Ashdod (Jerusalem) to Petra in Jordan? My inner Indiana Jones would love to experience this incredible place.

Thanks! :D

No , but we did have a fantastic 2 days touring Israel with Joe Yudin from Touring Israel. We still talk about all the things we did and it was honestly the best excursion we have ever had in 11 years of cruising. Maybe a private tour would be the way to go?

I so hope you get to go to Petra! I don't have any advice on how to get there from Ashdod, but we did a Petra tour last year from Aqaba, Jordan and it was really cool to see.

There's so much more than just what is seen in the movie, and I would HIGHLY recommend paying for a private guide at the site so you get all the information about what is going on there.

Good luck and have fun!!

Garren

Perhaps nothing is up on Israel yet because the ship may not be going there after all??? I am surprised there is a Holy Land cruise at all. I thought they had been discontinued on Celebrity for a while.

My husband and I have a HL land tour booked in February. We are uncertain that our group will get to go with all of the unrest. Jordan is/was to be an extension of the tour that we are booked through. I would also love to see Petra.

UPDATE: I see that your cruise is not until 2014. thought you were speaking of this October. ;)

• 1 month later...
Normally the port stop for Petra is Aqaba, Jordan.

Keith

Is this a port stop made by Celebrity or was it another cruise line?

I found a Celebrity shore excursion to Petra using Google...it just doesn't say which ship or date. Thinking it's an old excursion....

Archived