Interior Stateroom w/Window on Valor

TohoCassie

Has anyone ever cruised in one of the interior staterooms with the windows. They're at the very front of the ship. I'm looking at a room on floor 6. ( I think that's the Empress deck) I really wanted a room with some sort of window to at least see what time of day it is but didn't want to be so far down on the first 2 decks.

Thank you

has anyone ever cruised in one of the interior staterooms with the windows. They're at the very front of the ship. I'm looking at a room on floor 6. ( i think that's the empress deck) i really wanted a room with some sort of window to at least see what time of day it is but didn't want to be so far down on the first 2 decks.

Thank you

hi--interior cabins--are just that--no--no windows-----outside cabins----with no--balconys------have windows-------better check the desk plan---we have sailed--carnival--57 plus times----and never--never heard of interior cabins with windows------irene and john

Has anyone ever cruised in one of the interior staterooms with the windows. They're at the very front of the ship. I'm looking at a room on floor 6. ( I think that's the Empress deck) I really wanted a room with some sort of window to at least see what time of day it is but didn't want to be so far down on the first 2 decks.

Thank you

Yes we have most are handicapped rooms but some are not. We are in room 1004 on Valor in May. You will like them.

I have had friends with them and seen several on cabin crawls. They are 4J cabins. The configuration I've seen has the beds end to end with a table inbetween.

I think they look interesting, but I do prefer the 1A's on deck 2 with the portholes and a sofa and twin. They are convenient on deck 2 because that's as low as the atrium elevators go so you have 9 to choose from, plus we do YTD and its in the forward dining room on Conquest class ships so it's doable by stairs.

hi--interior cabins--are just that--no--no windows-----outside cabins----with no--balconys------have windows-------better check the desk plan---we have sailed--carnival--57 plus times----and never--never heard of interior cabins with windows------irene and john

Some interior cabins have the picture window with a view of the secret deck, some have port holes, and then there are the 4K cabins with French doors that open on the Spirit class ships. In 57 cruises, I'm surprised you aren't familiar with these cabin categories.

OP- I stayed in one of the interior cabins you're referring to 2 years ago. I LOVED this room! They're the highest category of interior cabins on the Conquest class ships and labeled as 4J. The secret deck is right outside your door. You are required to keep your curtains closed at night since you're right under the bridge. These cabins sell fast, so if you see one, book it while you can. Here are some pictures. Hope this helps!

View from the window.

DSC09354-1.jpg

DSC09720-1.jpg

Secret deck right outside.

DSC09371-1.jpg

DSC09381-1.jpg

DSC09378-1.jpg

We're doing our 1st 4J on our upcoming cruise in March on the Breeze. We are very excited since it has the extra space compared to a regular inside room, plus the option of letting in some sunshine. I know I have to keep the curtains drawn at night, but my one and only concern is will I open my curtains during the day and see a stranger staring back at me? I'm sure if I'd just give them a wave and carry on.

We're doing our 1st 4J on our upcoming cruise in March on the Breeze. We are very excited since it has the extra space compared to a regular inside room, plus the option of letting in some sunshine. I know I have to keep the curtains drawn at night, but my one and only concern is will I open my curtains during the day and see a stranger staring back at me? I'm sure if I'd just give them a wave and carry on.

When I sailed the Valor two years ago, I went outside and looked through my cabin window and could barely see anything. Weird thing is that I sailed the Valor again this year, went to the secret deck one night, and was able to see everything inside that same room with no effort, just walking by. Luckily there's hardly ever any people out there.

Thank you

Hi Cassie! I stayed in a 4J in July on Valor. My cabin was on deck 7. I was worried about this cabin because it is all the way forward, but I didn't get sea sick at all. The only thing that got me was in the mornings when the ship docked.

I loved that room. You can see photos of my cabin here: Scroll down to post #48. The pictures span through post 51.

Has anyone ever cruised in one of the interior staterooms with the windows.

They're at the very front of the ship. I'm looking at a room on floor 6. ( I think that's the Empress deck)

I really wanted a room with some sort of window to at least see what time of day it is

but didn't want to be so far down on the first 2 decks.

Deck Plans always help..

http://www.cruisecheap.com/c/deckplan.php?SailDate=&ShipID=212&DeckNumber=6

We have sailed in an interior room (4J) on the Freedom, it was on the 10 floor, but was a modified room that was wheelchair accessible, so you could be bumped if someone needed the room. They consider it an interior room with an obstructed view. I think the extra cost was $120.00. We enjoyed the room, but you do feel more movement and are all the way at the front of the ship, a good hike to the elevators, etc, plus side is, it's really quiet.

When I sailed the Valor two years ago, I went outside and looked through my cabin window and could barely see anything. Weird thing is that I sailed the Valor again this year, went to the secret deck one night, and was able to see everything inside that same room with no effort, just walking by. Luckily there's hardly ever any people out there.

As I recall, there's a sign inside these cabins advising passengers to close the curtains at night for navigational safety as well as privacy.

Archived