Carnival transfers from Sanford (FL) airport?

jordanaire

Does Carnival offer transfers to/from Sanford Airport? We can get a really good fare on Allegiant but it doesn't fly into Orlando Airport (MCO). Can someone help me with this so I can decide what cruise to take next spring???

:cool: Bill

A shuttle will run you $220 r/t, plus 20% tip, from Sanford to Port Canaveral. Sanford is quite a ways from the port, 67 miles. At least an hour away in good traffic.

I think Orlando is your best bet unless you are saving a bundle.

Does Carnival offer transfers to/from Sanford Airport? We can get a really good fare on Allegiant but it doesn't fly into Orlando Airport (MCO). Can someone help me with this so I can decide what cruise to take next spring???

:cool: Bill

I got $22 a day car rental from Sanford. Way cheaper that shuttle.

There is a free shuttle from car rentals near port to the port.

Not sure about transfers... but have you looked at southwest? they have cheap airfares and baggage files free... They fly into Orlando, and from Orlando it's a straight shot on the 528 to the port.

depends on where you are coming from. Southwest does not fly to ND.

I hear 1 way to cocoa is not bad. See what rental company at Sanford airport offers that, then back. It is not a bad ride at all. 99% is highway with little traffic. About 45-60 minutes. You can take the 417 south to 528 east to the port.

• 2 months later...

If flying on Allegiant, give yourself PLENTY of backup plans and fly down a few days early.

Allegiant is an ultra low cost, point to point airline, with very limited schedules and no interline agreements with any other airlines.

What that means is that if your one flight is delayed or canceled, you may be stuck with no other flights for days (sometimes a week). The fact that they fly to smaller, alternate airports reduces your options further. Many times, Allegiant only offers one or two flights a week from some of the cities they serve since they are strictly a leisure airline. They will NOT protect you on another airline and in many cases, they may just refund your money because, plain and simple, they don't have an alternate flight to offer you.

You may find yourself booking last minute flights on another airline which will most likely cost you a lot more than you probably budgeted for.

I frequently fly Allegiant Air out of Rockford, and find them to be one of the most friendly and reliable airlines. Rockford flights typically go to Orlando on Friday (and one or two other days), and have return flights on Monday, which is perfect for me, with a day or two on either side of the cruise to relax and enjoy Florida.

Even with a delay, a direct flight on a small airline is way better than being stranded at O'hare (the ugliest airport on earth) or some other major airport because one hub or another is backed up due to weather. I always use travel insurance, so in a worst case scenario -- whatever, I'm covered and I'll deal with it.

From Sanford, get a cheap rental and drop it off near Port Canaveral. I think I used Thrifty or Budget, and they had a shuttle to the various cruise terminals. Rental agencies can be busy on ship departure days, so arrive at Canaveral a little early if you like to get on board early.

Edited by larkz

All the major car rental agencies are located in PC or nearby Cocoa Beach (Hertz, Avis, Budget, etc.) and offer free shuttles to/from the port. The drive is easy and takes just over an hour or so. The smart cruiser always flies in at least one day early so that a delayed or cancelled flight does not cause you to miss the ship! :eek:

We have already book our plane and ship it is getting there a day early so if delay should not be a problem for us. Yes we are looking at renting a car so we can us it until we board the ship on Sat, We fly in on Friday night. Our plan is to get hotel near the ship and have them shuttle us over for free I hope? What a good Hotel for us to stay Friday nite and should be in Sanford by 10 pm and get to CC by 11:30 or so? and ship leaves at 4 pm on Sat so we should have until 2 pm to do stuff around there.