Platinum Question

CZodda

Hi All! I mistakenly posted this question on another thread - so please accept my apologies if anyone is seeing this twice.

I am currently booked on cruise number 9 with a sail date of September 6th. When checking out my profile on Carnival, I found the following information:

"Close to advancing to Platinum in our old program? Complete a total of 10 or more lifetime cruises by December 31, 2013, and you’ll automatically advance to Platinum in the VIFP Club."

What do they mean by "lifetime cruises"? Do they have to be a certain length to count? If they don't I was thinking of maybe adding in a "quickie" before the end of the year.

I know it's kind of silly but I sure wish I could become Platinum sooner rather than later ;-)

Thanks in advance all and have a great weekend!

you have to'complete the 10th cruise'no matter how'many days--- its gotta be complete before'dec 31"""""is there any possible'way you can sqeeze in anotjer before the end of the year? after that time it accounts'per day of every cruise'

you have to'complete the 10th cruise'no matter how'many days--- its gotta be complete before'dec 31"""""is there any possible'way you can sqeeze in anotjer before the end of the year? after that time it accounts'per day of every cruise'

Hi Serene56 yes that is my goal - to take a short cruise by the end of the year. I'll start planning right away. A great chore to have isn't it? :-)

Have a great evening!

Hi All! I mistakenly posted this question on another thread - so please accept my apologies if anyone is seeing this twice.

I am currently booked on cruise number 9 with a sail date of September 6th. When checking out my profile on Carnival, I found the following information:

"Close to advancing to Platinum in our old program? Complete a total of 10 or more lifetime cruises by December 31, 2013, and you’ll automatically advance to Platinum in the VIFP Club."

What do they mean by "lifetime cruises"? Do they have to be a certain length to count? If they don't I was thinking of maybe adding in a "quickie" before the end of the year.

I know it's kind of silly but I sure wish I could become Platinum sooner rather than later ;-)

Thanks in advance all and have a great weekend!

I don't know what they mean by "lifetime" cruises, but try to get in a "quickie" before the end of 2013 so you'll be Platinum no matter how many days. We're Platinum with 72 days and if we hadn't gotten 10 cruises in before the end of 2013, we would have had to have 11 cruises to reach more than 75. We took 2 - 6 days and the rest were 7 & 8 days and still it's only 72 days total.

Yes the posts above have been accurate. You have #9 booked already. To reach Platinum under the old program you need to complete cruise #10 before 12-31-13. Even a 3-night will do. If you don't reach #10 but the end of this year the program goes by nights cruising which will take much longer.. We cruise on 12-13 for a 3-night which is cruise #10 for me.. :)

They have someone looking at their loyalty program so hopefully platinum will become better, perhaps even Brilliant icon7.gif down the road a bit.

I hope it does improve but must say...I hope it doesn't take as long as last time and all the disappointment and the limits of laundry and the slot tournament now bogo.

That was suppose to be "brilliant" also.:rolleyes:

One note about the 10 cruises that seems to be somewhat common now that the cut-off time is close. The On-board personnel seemed to have completely forgotten about it and if on your tenth and for whatever reason they do not give you a Platinum at check-in be aware it could be hard to get one onboard. If it happens try to get it fixed prior to boarding.

Last year my wife and I both turned Platinum, I received a Plat card and my wife had a gold card. The shore people said no worries just get it fixed onboard. It took 3 trips, a call to corporate about some "strange 10 cruise rule". They (onboard personnel) had no idea what we were talking about and basically were blowing us off. Had a great cruise and on the 3rd day my wife received her "Plat" card.

I hope it does improve but must say...I hope it doesn't take as long as last time and all the disappointment and the limits of laundry and the slot tournament now bogo.

One would hope they learned their lesson from that fiasco

One thing I've noticed throughout this thread - everyone is saying "...completed by Dec. 31." I would have sworn that back when, Carnival said "...started by Dec. 31." Slight difference, but it could mean a few people miss out.

I already have my ten in, so it is moot as far as I'm concerned, but you know how some people like to draw things out to the bitter end...

I agree. There are only half the number of people signed up for the slots now.

Hi Serene56 yes that is my goal - to take a short cruise by the end of the year. I'll start planning right away. A great chore to have isn't it? :-)

Have a great evening!

My sister was kinda in the same boat - with 8 completed after we finished on the Breeze here in August.

So....she booked a B2B in December - a 3 day and a 4 day. Still counts for 2 cruises and gets her to Platinum by 12/3! ;)

Check your cruise history and make sure that they have properly credited your account for all of your cruises. DH and I were both missing 5 cruises and were able to provide acceptable proof to get us to 9 cruises. We will be platinum on our 10th cruise, the Dream over Thanksgiving.

Archived