Excursion Payments

Hi everyone. When signing up for an excursion, when is payment made?:confused: Is it prior to the cruise or is it held until onboard ship. Thanks.

DrB

If you book on line it is taken ASAP!:eek: Right when you book you pay for it.

Hi everyone. When signing up for an excursion, when is payment made?:confused: Is it prior to the cruise or is it held until onboard ship. Thanks.

DrB

Anything you purchase on Royal's website (including excursions) is paid immediately with a credit card.

I know the first time I booked an excursion on the web site, I was surprised that payment was made in advance ... and in full. I have since read that the reason it's done this way is to assure that only those who seriously plan on taking the excursion are the ones that sign up. It used to be that excursions were billed later, which resulted in people booking it as a "maybe". Then when people who really wanted to book that excursion checked into it, they found out that it was sold out.

I just view it the same way as buying a concert or theater ticket. You pay when you book it. :)

I like how it is paid far enough in advance so when I cruise, I come home with very little spent on sea pass.

In addition to excursions, we pre-pay all our gratuities and soda card.

It is so much easier doing it this way.

Sea Ya

I like how it is paid far enough in advance so when I cruise, I come home with very little spent on sea pass.

In addition to excursions, we pre-pay all our gratuities and soda card.

It is so much easier doing it this way.

Sea Ya

I agree. I want to pay for anything/everything I can before I get on the ship so I don't have a huge bill at the end of the week.

On DCL, they wait and charge for your excursions when you get on the ship. I begged them to let me pay beforehand but to no avail. I had a $1k bill just for my excursions and then with all the drink tabs and gifts, etc it was a very expensive bill at the end of the week.

I like pre-paying much better and since I bought the drink package, I should have a very small bill at the end of my RCCL cruises.

In addition to the above..I booked an excursion online and changed my mind and it was credited back to my credit card within one-two business days...was surprised at how fast this was done. Of course if you cancel once onboard you get an OBC.

In addition to the above..I booked an excursion online and changed my mind and it was credited back to my credit card within one-two business days...was surprised at how fast this was done. Of course if you cancel once onboard you get an OBC.

Same thing with me. I booked three excursions and decided to cancel one. My credit card was credited back in 1-2 days. I was impressed.

Archived