1st timer with questions

CasaM

First time on NCL in Oct on Epic.

When you reserve for a show, do you get a ticket or do they swipe your card? My understanding is that you can arrive just 15 minutes before showtime, is that correct?

We only have 1 sea day, and I'm wondering if it's better to reserve a specialty restaurant on the sea day or eat in the MDR or doesn't it matter. I'm thinking maybe the MDR would be more crowded on the sea day.

Thanks for any answers.

Wow, I didn't get any tickets during my cruise, they just swiped my card. I went to all three shows: Blue Man Group, Legends, and Cirque.

Wish I had gotten tickets, though. That would have been a nice little souvenir. lol

I did not get tickets either, just my card was swiped. I cruised Epic in 2010, maybe they changed their ways since.

Well, I was on the Epic much more recently than 2010. It's been less than a year that I was on it. No tickets. So if it's a change, it's a very recent one.

in response to the OP question re dinner - the same number of people are on board the epic on an evening at sea and an evening when you have been in a port so it doesn't matter which days you select to eat at the MDR or specialty

When we first went on Epic - as we had booked in advance, they gave us a ticket but swiped us in using the card. They said they were going to electronic tickets (seapass card) only for environmental savings. Breakaway purely uses the seapass card as your ticket

in response to the OP question re dinner - the same number of people are on board the epic on an evening at sea and an evening when you have been in a port so it doesn't matter which days you select to eat at the MDR or specialty

When we first went on Epic - as we had booked in advance, they gave us a ticket but swiped us in using the card. They said they were going to electronic tickets (seapass card) only for environmental savings. Breakaway purely uses the seapass card as your ticket

Sorry if I caused some confusion with my answer........but THIS ( highlighted above) was exactly what happened with us! :o

I disagree.

Obviously there are the same amount of people on board, but whether you are in port and the port timings and location can make a big difference.

If it is a busy excursion day then many people will not want to do a lot in the evening. If I've had a busy day then I'm much more likely to just hit the buffet, or o'Sheehans for dinner.

At some ports you leave relatively late (say 7pm). In such cases some people may have eaten off the ship. Those who stay off until close to sailing time will not be onboard when the restaurants open.

I find that sea days are the best days for having a nice meal. There is no need to rush and you are generally more relaxed anyway. I am far more likely to eat at a speciality restaurant on a sea say, whereas a port day is more likely to be the MDR or buffet.

I can't comment on the Epic in October as I havent been on that itinerary, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are some relatively major differences in the number of people at different restaurants depending on whether you are in port or not.

Archived