Taxi and Snorkel?

palmsandpines

We are going in March. We would like to catch a taxi from the cruise terminal and then go to a great snorkeling spot. We are not into the group snorkel thing. Any ideas?

With in 2 miles of the port is a place called Sandy Dollar Dive Shop that is on Sunset Beach. It is suppose to have great walk off the beach snorkeling. That is my plan for Cozumel in October.

With in 2 miles of the port is a place called Sandy Dollar Dive Shop that is on Sunset Beach. It is suppose to have great walk off the beach snorkeling. That is my plan for Cozumel in October.

Does Sand Dollar have a contract with the cruise lines?

We were there 2 years ago and did a Carnival beginner snorkeling excursion with Sand Dollar. We snorkeled right in front of their place.

Does Sand Dollar have a contract with the cruise lines?

We were there 2 years ago and did a Carnival beginner snorkeling excursion with Sand Dollar. We snorkeled right in front of their place.

That is the place. We have signed up for the Carnival beginner snorkeling excursion and then plan to just spend a couple of hours at that location before heading downtown for food, drink and shopping.

How did you like (your opinion) the Carnival beginner snorkeling excursion???

Our plan for Cozumel next month is to either taxi to Chankanaub, the Money Bar or Sunset. All are around a $10 taxi with great snorkeling. Figure we'll just decide when we get there but right now leaning to the Money Bar.

Google Chankanaub, it has a lot of other stuff. We were there 3 yrs ago but does cost to get in. The others are free which is why we will likely do one of them. That way if the water is too rough we can just go shopping.

Our plan for Cozumel next month is to either taxi to Chankanaub, the Money Bar or Sunset. All are around a $10 taxi with great snorkeling. Figure we'll just decide when we get there but right now leaning to the Money Bar.

Google Chankanaub, it has a lot of other stuff. We were there 3 yrs ago but does cost to get in. The others are free which is why we will likely do one of them. That way if the water is too rough we can just go shopping.

Don't forget to come back and let us know...:D

That is the place. We have signed up for the Carnival beginner snorkeling excursion and then plan to just spend a couple of hours at that location before heading downtown for food, drink and shopping.

How did you like (your opinion) the Carnival beginner snorkeling excursion???

My wife and I both did the excursion and really enjoyed it. The people there were very nice and helpful. I would recommend it.

My wife and I both did the excursion and really enjoyed it. The people there were very nice and helpful. I would recommend it.

Thanks the wife is the one that has not snorkeled except in a pool. I was once a certified diver, but with and heartatack they wont clear me to do it any more so just have to snorkel. Wanted a safe and easy place for her first "ocean" snorkel. Thanks again.

Thanks the wife is the one that has not snorkeled except in a pool. I was once a certified diver, but with and heartatack they wont clear me to do it any more so just have to snorkel. Wanted a safe and easy place for her first "ocean" snorkel. Thanks again.

LOL, I thought I was the only one who practiced in the pool? I have my own snorkel set but I'm not that comfortable in water. So I even turn on the pool fountains, whirlpool and swim jets to simulate current and get used to it. My husband could be part fish and I don't want to hinder his enjoyment.

Definitely The Money Bar aka Dzul Ha! Just take a taxi for a few bucks and they will take you right there. There are plenty of taxis out all day for your return trip as well.

It's practically a private paradise to yourself! Definitely not as “touristy” as many of the destinations. Beautiful view of the water from double lounge chairs for snuggling! No sandy beach but easy access to the water for swimming or snorkeling. Plus, great fresh food and the best mojito’s I’ve ever had! Great snorkeling (we brought our own gear) Lockers, bathrooms, and rental gear are available if needed. It was nice to not pay the bucks the private tour boats charge… we giggled every time one came in with a boat-load of people (pun intended) right where we were for free!!!

Definitely The Money Bar aka Dzul Ha! Just take a taxi for a few bucks and they will take you right there. There are plenty of taxis out all day for your return trip as well.

Onto why:

#1 – A private paradise to ourselves. Definitely not as “touristy” as many of the destinations.

#2 – Beautiful view of the water from double lounge chairs for snuggling! No sandy beach but easy access to the water for swimming or snorkeling.

#3 – Fresh food and the best mojito’s I’ve ever had!

#4 – Great snorkeling (we brought our own gear) Lockers, bathrooms, and rental gear are available if needed. It was nice to not pay the bucks the private tour boats charge… we giggled every time one came in to snorkeling right were we were for free!!!

Archived