Celebration

Funnily enough, NCL and P&O are the only cruise lines I've travelled with other than Thomson's. Whilst they both have their strong points (new ship, modern facilities etc) we found them to be some way behind Thomson's in terms of food and friendliness of staff.

Hi all gave the old tin pot a miss this year Done NCL and p&o had a great :cool::cool: time just thought I would send my regards to the numpty's who I see are still on here regards.Ponciau:eek:

OMG

Where have you reared your head from

I thought you had disappeared for good:D

He's on my ignore list from the last time he appeared on this forum - I would recommend all others to follow suit.

Why?....Because hes telling it like it is?!....P&O I cannot speak for, but NCL I definitely can. Basically Thomson is soo far inferior to NCL its not even funny. They have hand me down ships, one being from NCL. While this poster is very straight and to the point, he is correct in his observations.

Why?....Because hes telling it like it is?!....P&O I cannot speak for, but NCL I definitely can. Basically Thomson is soo far inferior to NCL its not even funny. They have hand me down ships, one being from NCL. While this poster is very straight and to the point, he is correct in his observations.

As Jim says, that's your opinion, others differ.

Basically Thomson is soo far inferior to NCL its not even funny

whats this?

cruisers from other cruise lines being deeply ironic.....novel eh?;)

its is not a ncl ship therefore it is an inferior ship

....and according to some other posts.....the entire british cruise industry is also inferior? (quote) 'it can never compare' and how sorry you feel for us all

how kind....we are not worthy....of this oracle of superior knowlege and insight

we are so pathetic......

no wait

most of our cruise lines (and most of our other companies) are owned by american corporations....or the germans?

so its all their fault??....everything is their fault?? they fob us off with hand me downs....then they come on here and rub it in little a bit

how sweet....thanks for that

ever wondered why we brits make such great bad guys in the movies?:p:)

to all my chums above Kalos, Jim, Geo (brill comment :))

With you all 100%

to the other trolls please keep away from our forum if you have nothing constructive to say

troll peeps are not tolerated on this forum and through my tracing software you will be found and.........:eek: well just wait and see

Stevie

now please go away nasty people

its soo right...its soo true....its sooo spot on...its not even funny, its all so depressing and inferior

seamless flying to any of the 8 corners of the world from a myriad of regional (british) airports (even from exeter and nobody ever goes there unless they are lost)

and long haul......even better

long haul flights on brand new state of the art aircraft.....not hand me downs...so brand spanking new that the paint isnt even dry yet (perhaps thats why the battery caught fire?....just a theory??) and the fare......thrown in for almost next to nothing (just the airport taxes imposed by eurocrats in brussels)

no automatic 15% on drinks bills, even more on other onboard bills?

no $12 per day per person service charge....designed so that you have to suffer the embarrassment of going to the desk to cancel it and everyone thinks you are a skinflint or just broke

no corkage on bringing your own bottles of alcohol on board:cool:......yes! we can bring our own booze on board if we want to...openly....no need to sneak it in under our burberry macs while looking suitably nonchalant

in the interest of good balance I will include some truly depressing facts about thomsons

there are no atriums....but tbh...I have never felt the urge to grow a giant sunflower while on a cruise?:confused:

ditto the window boxes on the balconies

no giant swimming pool tube things?....although paragliding off the back while napkin folding would be good:)

we dont have any glass elevators...we have proper lifts....wood panelled lifts where you can always get a free hug if the need arises

and no mind altering artwork on the hulls

its all sooo depressing:D:)

Best ship in the depleting fleet!! Easy to get round great buffet diner fantastic band - currently! Fabulous staff and entertainments team I don't spend enough time in my cabin to sit on a balcony and only one sea day per week The downside - the food quality, which has reduced since I first sailed 2005.

Ignore the prat from North Wales - whenever you go there they start speaking Welsh- great for tourism! Everywhere I've been on a Thomson cruise they go out of their way to make you feel welcome and in English!

whats this?

cruisers from other cruise lines being deeply ironic.....novel eh?;)

its is not a ncl ship therefore it is an inferior ship

....and according to some other posts.....the entire british cruise industry is also inferior? (quote) 'it can never compare' and how sorry you feel for us all

how kind....we are not worthy....of this oracle of superior knowlege and insight

we are so pathetic......

no waith off with hand me downs....then they come on here and rub it in little a bit

how sweet....thanks for that

ever wondered why we brits make such great bad guys in the movies?:p:)

That's your opinion. But sense were taking digs at each other, the British tip real well in a restaurant. And since drama is the special of the day, might want to go watch some more soap operas.

I am not a troll, however i'll never pop over to the Thomson boards again, you can keep your old run down ships, and have fun!

That's your opinion. But sense were taking digs at each other, the British tip real well in a restaurant. And since drama is the special of the day, might want to go watch some more soap operas.

I am not a troll, however i'll never pop over to the Thomson boards again, you can keep your old run down ships, and have fun!

ahhh yes...american/german ships......they wave at us.... they smile at us.......they are gushingly, overtly nice to us........because they dont know yet.... that we dont tip:eek:

thomson crews treat us like gold 24/7....the welcome is always genuine, they really do want us to enjoy their home....even tho they are well aware that we dont tip

why?...because they are paid a living wage, provided with good working conditions and generous welfare programs....by their (inferior) cruise industry employers....and we still tip them (contrary to the urban myth)

why...because we feel that they have genuinely cared for us....you couldn’t buy that;)

most of the crews feel privileged that they are working for thomsons (and not some other line)

ditto for any hospitality industry employee in uk:cool:;):cool:

I was hoping that no one would respond to the original post and that it would just get lost and move down the list with no comments.

This troll is just wanting to cause upset and conflct. He is wanting reaction and we are just playing into his hands. Best ignore if this happens again.

Went back on this boat after a 3 year break in May, pleased to say it was just as good if not better than it had been before, crew and entertainment team are fantastic, ever so friendly and go the extra mile to make you happy, it may not be a floating block of flats but we love it.

Booked it again for next year!

Being new to this site I feel like an intruder posting in this thread, however............

Have just returned from the Celebration on Monday, my only other comparison being the Royal Caribbean, Mariner of the Seas 8 years ago. Once we had booked I was a little nervous that we had done the right thing and wouldn't think it was inferior, but that couldn't be further from the truth. It certainly isn't as big, but as we all know, size isn't always important! The cabins were excellent for what you use them for, very clean, lovely staff, very friendly and lovely to my two kids. The food was amazing (the 11 lbs I have put on is testament to that!!!) the drinks fantastic and the drinks package excellent value for money, the pool areas lovely, the bar staff so quick, polite, friendly and helpful, the entertainment fantastic. What have I missed???

Good Value compared to other lines I priced up and am definitely looking for next year!

Being new to this site I feel like an intruder posting in this thread, however............

Have just returned from the Celebration on Monday, my only other comparison being the Royal Caribbean, Mariner of the Seas 8 years ago. Once we had booked I was a little nervous that we had done the right thing and wouldn't think it was inferior, but that couldn't be further from the truth. It certainly isn't as big, but as we all know, size isn't always important! The cabins were excellent for what you use them for, very clean, lovely staff, very friendly and lovely to my two kids. The food was amazing (the 11 lbs I have put on is testament to that!!!) the drinks fantastic and the drinks package excellent value for money, the pool areas lovely, the bar staff so quick, polite, friendly and helpful, the entertainment fantastic. What have I missed???

Good Value compared to other lines I priced up and am definitely looking for next year!

Your'e not an intruder Kacctm - welcome! We came back from the Celebration 3 weeks ago & can honestly say every time we go on her, it just gets better & better! Glad you enjoyed your cruise & enjoy looking for the next one ;)

Archived